Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2016, 09:07 AM

2 posts, read 1,110 times

Advertisements

So I'm 16 years old female and I've never been to shrink before or diagnosed but I think there's something wrong with me.
The thing is I like to pretend I'm a character from a movie or book. last week I watched a movie where the character has social anxiety, depression, and hallucination. And I don't know why but I automatically imitate the character.
I feel like I'm depressed and having social anxiety that I don't want to talk to people and I "try" to hallucinate (like speaking in my head and make the voice clearer and trying to create out-of-body experience). I even cut myself and taking my dad's analgesic pills to ease my "anxiety". I also skip school a lot these past few days and when I go to school, I won't have energy and talk to my friend about suicide and all that depression symptoms. I even told her about voices in my head.
I don't think I did all of that for attention though because I rarely told anyone if I'm sick or anything. I think I really have depression and social anxiety but if I really think about it, I think I'm trying to have that illness. It's weird.
I've never told anyone about this. I'm not even sure if I can be honest to myself that I pretended all of that stuff.
I've done things before too including eating disorder (one time I was bulimic but I don't really think it's necessary to puke but I did it anyway to confirm myself that I'm bulimic), self harm (this is also feels like unnecessary but I did it anyway), DID (I fought with my mom and I'm trying to be like I was dissociate from myself), bipolar, manipulative, and a lot of things I don't even remember.
I realized everytime I was in a relationship I also pretending to be someone I'm not although I'm not sure what I really am. It's like identity crisis. Sometimes I act like jealous girlfriend, sometimes I act like bossy and queenie like. And I think it's why I have never had a long-lasting relationship.
Do I have Munchausen Syndrome? Or anything? I'm scared I will ruin my life because of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2016, 10:01 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Please tell your parents that you need to see a therapist. It is impossible for people on a public forum to give good advice concerning all your symptoms.

If you are cutting and taking meds that aren't meant for you, you are having trouble coping with something. You have to find help, and possibly find meds that work for you. You need a therapist. Please do tell your parents that you feel that you are having mental problems and that you need help.

Please insist they find help for you.

Old 09-17-2016, 03:10 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Agreed with Silibran. If you can't go to your folks, for whatever reason, try the counselor at your school or just show up at the ER, but tell someone.

Sometimes these things are just chemical imbalances in the brain and very treatable. Get yourself some help, kiddo. No reason to suffer in silence.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:39 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
do you get along with your mom?
Do you have both parents at home?

Old 09-22-2016, 04:09 AM

473 posts, read 501,763 times
Interesting way to deal with boredom. Are you sure some of it is not just a ploy to get attention from parents who don't care or want to be someone else? Sounds totally normal to me... Nothing is really wrong with you until you check out mental care and it usually ruins people/severely limits your ability to remain independent. Mental care just turns out to be MAJOR setback for a few years at least. You don't want attention from mental care so just pick some other goals and focus on being okay to get through it and you will feel fine in a few days. I promise....

Sometimes, doing the 'social' thing in high school will only limit how far you go with baby, deadbeat early marriage or substance abuse. Would focus on long-term goals and push to reach them.

I think you are just feeling bad due to a behavior problem so just quit using this 'entertainment' for a while. Is kind of like hypo-hypochondriac response to acting like something is wrong with you mentally, you start to experience it yourself with anxiety and depression. How about an aerobics, yoga or dance class through your local city or community college? Yoga is really helpful, can control your insides and outsides. Has a whole new calmness to yoga. Feeling bad will pass in a few days. I promise.

Why don't you pick up the local apartment guide or look at apartments.com? You probably know which neighborhood you would like so you know how much housing will cost there and don't forget they all want a security deposit.

You can figure out how much you will earn in a month at minimum wage, then look at the pay for the people who completed your local community college programs. Think about what interests you? Digital media? Video? Design? Health care? Accounting? Auto repair? Welding?

Some of the local phone customer service work will let you do your homework at work and hires kids for $10+. Banks will hire someone who has 6 months to 1 year of cash handling experience with high volume place like grocery store or restaurant drive through. Offers excellent career opportunity as long as you have not screwed up your credit and hires as $12 hourly, with lots of hours available and benefits plus pays for school. Think you need to be 21 to get job at bank.

This always worked great for me as a teen. Have 20 years self supporting, college education, lots in savings for a while, home owner and had the luxuries I wanted. Rest is kind of sad story of a city going bad and just be okay through miserable...Had that kind of childhood so I was motivated kid to adult in order to get away from it.

BTW: The women who throw up get black teeth or they will cut open your whole neck and put your intestines in there to replace an esophagus ruined by stomach acid vomiting. The females that exercise just 45 minutes need to eat 1600-1800 calories and can eat almost anything you want once in a while as long as you don't sit on couch and chuck down whole container. Have any single serving of any foods you want once in a while for exercise.

Is helpful to teach yourself cross stitch or knitting to do in front of TV time. Keeps you calm for some reason.

Last edited by cattalk1; 09-22-2016 at 04:34 AM..

Old 09-22-2016, 04:43 AM

473 posts, read 501,763 times
If you want to be actress, check out your local community or youth theater troupe. Much more constructive and will keep you sane. Is easier on your friends and family than dealing with the act or latest thrilling movie plot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology