Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 05:50 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,345,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerntraveler View Post
My bathroom scares me

Me too.
I'm afraid to go in there for at least an half hour after my wife has been in there !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 08:32 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Nope, no fears ever. I am simply not easily spooked I guess. I've lived in many homes over the years, since I'm from a military family. Some of these homes were quite old (like over 100 years old), two were new construction, but the rest ranged between 70 and 20 years old. I have never felt spooked by any rooms or areas.

When we had a house with a basement (only one), the washer and dryer were down there. I didn't particularly like going down there, but it was only because the stairs were steep and I was afraid I'd fall carrying a laundry basket up or down.

My husband works out of state a lot so I'm often home alone. I've simply never been afraid of that.

One house I lived in, for ten years, was built on top of an Indian burial ground. Another was adjacent to a cemetery. And finally, I own the bed my great grandmother died in. You'd think there'd be some sort of vibe associated with all that, but if there is, I've never picked up on it.

Old 10-15-2016, 08:36 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit82 View Post
we have this room with drawers filled with weird gadgets and a big silver thing that gets hot once or twice a year -I stay out of it as much as possible.
I know what you mean - we have a small, dark room with not one, but two big silver things in it. Both of them make odd noises and sometimes actually MOVE a little. Above these two noisy silver things are some cabinets with all sorts of weird shaped stuff in them - coils, glass globes, odd smelling rags, tins with potent odors coming from them, and a triangular shaped thing that gets really hot sometimes.

That room scares the heck out of me.

Old 10-15-2016, 08:53 AM

854 posts, read 520,601 times
Basements have always scared me, but that's because I've watched too many scary movies. I've lived in mostly apartments, but the apartment I'm living in now has a basement laundry and I literally cant go down there alone. It reminds me of the laundry room in the movie 'Rosemary's Baby'. It doesn't help that it's dingy and dark. I'll take pictures next time i go down there. You'll see what I mean!

Old 10-15-2016, 11:54 AM

10,612 posts, read 12,129,422 times
uh….no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology