Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 02:31 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,037 times

Advertisements

Many people will see psychologists for 'issues' but going to a psychiatrist usually means something much more serious (requiring medication usually) as far as I am aware (but please correct me if I am wrong). What made you go to see a psychiatrist in the first place (I am not trying to pry into a diagnosis - just generally, do you have some condition that merits a psychiatrist over a psychologist?) and, more to the point, why did you choose this particular doctor? How does your sister even know about this doctor? Did you tell her you were seeing this person? Why would you do that? Or does your sister also see the very same psychiatrist?

Why again did the psychiatrist prescribe you drugs after this particular visit? Did he specifically say that he was giving them to you because he is sure you actually believe that your sister is poisoning you - even after you assured him that this was absolutely not true? (note: It might be more credible for the doctor to be more concerned about your sister after this kind of story, than about you. After all .. she is not claiming you are poisoning her - so I am not quite sure what it is that would merit new medication for you in this case - something is backwards here.)

If he actually said that, can you figure out why he would have said it? What did you say other than what you have said to us that might warrant him being sure his approach was the right thing here?

Is this a different drug than any you already take? And how exactly did he 'drug' you anyway - forcefully shoved them down your throat or via injection against your protests?

Do you and your sister still live together? If so, you may want to move asap and don't even tell her where you have gone. If I were you too, if you believe there is absolutely no merit to what your sister told your doctor, I would immediately find another doctor. It is one thing for your sister to tell the doctor that .. but entirely another for the doctor to, without any merit or agreement on your part at all, 'drug' you up because of it.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:17 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,892,301 times
"Poisoning the food" is the most common accusation in the world for cognitively challenged people. Maybe it's her not you.

Don't worry about it.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:20 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
I think the missing piece of this story is why you are seeing a psychiatrist. So, why are you seeing one? There must be a reason.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:47 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,335,670 times
She told the psychiatrist and took me to him without me knowing where I was going originally.
I am a silly spirited artist, but I've never believed her to be poisoning my food.I have read that's a common schiz trait and so she obviously wants me to look like a schizophrenic.
It amazes me that anyone can go to a dr and say my sister thinks birds can talk and have you called mad,sectioned or what have you.

Old 11-08-2016, 05:18 AM

802 posts, read 642,576 times
Obviously, both of you need to find a new psychiatrist. What is he/she telling 'her' about you?

Old 11-08-2016, 08:12 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
My sister told him this.
does your shrink talk often to your sister about you?
Ask your doc why (and how often) he talks to your sister about you...... next time you see him.
I find that curious and very strange that he/she does that, and then goes on to tell you about it.
I doubt that I'd trust this doc anymore myself...he/she seems to be "stirring the pot" more than helping.
Sounds very unprofessional to me.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:06 PM

776 posts, read 580,418 times
Quote:
She told the psychiatrist and took me to him without me knowing where I was going originally.
I am a silly spirited artist, but I've never believed her to be poisoning my food.I have read that's a common schiz trait and so she obviously wants me to look like a schizophrenic.
It amazes me that anyone can go to a dr and say my sister thinks birds can talk and have you called mad,sectioned or what have you.
If you are in this and can't find a way out, I would suggest setting up recorders. Video and/or voice recorders. Either do this on you or in the house. If the evidence is incriminating for you, you can finally get the help you need to over come your schizophrenia. If the evidence is incriminating for your sister, than you can lurer her to the psychiatrist again for a 'follow up visit' and present the evidence. Hopeful she will get the help she needs if that is the case. I have tried to record before, PLEASE make sure that you do this in your legal residence as the laws and cops are 's.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:00 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
My sister told people that I think she's trying to poison my food this is what the psychiatrist told me today.I just sat there shocked.I don't know what schizophrenic handbook she got it out of ,but I have never had any delusion about her poisoning my food or said anything like that.Anyway I got drugged for it and it's worrying to think she can say I think pigs can talk and they'd believe her.Im not sure how to cope with it?
The only agenda I can think of is my parents always favoured me,she always said I was the pretty sister and never wanted me to excel but otherwise I just don't know what it's about.
your story makes no sense.

Your sister told HER psychiatrist? How would you know?
Your sister told YOUR psychiatrist? Why would she talk you YOUR counselor?

You got drugged for it? What?? What drugs? Who gave you drugs and why did you take them???

Old 11-10-2016, 03:45 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Quote:
My sister told people that I think she's trying to poison my food this is what the psychiatrist told me today.I just sat there shocked.I don't know what schizophrenic handbook she got it out of ,but I have never had any delusion about her poisoning my food or said anything like that.Anyway I got drugged for it and it's worrying to think she can say I think pigs can talk and they'd believe her.Im not sure how to cope with it?
The only agenda I can think of is my parents always favoured me,she always said I was the pretty sister and never wanted me to excel but otherwise I just don't know what it's about.
You were drugged for what your sister said? Is this against your will? Are you institutionalized?

Old 11-10-2016, 03:46 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Quote:
How are they forcing you to take the medications? I'm pretty sure you didn't have to stay there. Unless you are institutionalized, you could have walked out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology