Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 12:08 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,574,870 times

Advertisements

Asking questions like that shows a lack of good manners and social grace. They answer vaguely because they have good manners and social grace.

If you need help in this way, ask a close family member or counselor for help. Don't put friends or work associate on the spot in this way. If you think you are being annoying, you most likely are and should stop it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 01:18 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,678,616 times
It's none of your business what I think. Bug off.

Old 12-14-2016, 01:19 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,214,560 times
OP I am the type of person who would try not to hurt your feelings. If you kept this up on a regular basis I would try to avoid you. If I was not able to avoid you I am afraid I might tell you you were being annoying with these constant questions. I do think it is rude to ask people these questions.

Old 12-14-2016, 02:47 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,384,154 times
Are you willing to hear the truth?
I think you are fishing for accolades.
Besides it's just weird.

Old 12-14-2016, 03:13 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,660,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mej210390 View Post
For example I have asked people the following questions before in relation to the question I am asking now in the forum;

Do you Dislike/Hate me?

Do you think I am too fat?

Do you think I am annoying?

among others but these are just some starters about what I ask people on a daily basis,

every time I ask these questions among others of course I get back the same bull**** response that I am a lovely person etc, etc.

Whats up with this?

wheres the honesty and truthfulness.

I have Autism, it pisses me off.

I suspect people hate me, think I am fat and find me annoying but won't be honest about it!

what would you do? would you be honest? please add in to the debate?
OK, since you ask again, I’ll tell you the truth.
You are one fat, annoying, jerk that pisses me off for asking moronic questions. However, I don’t hate you, but I hate being around you.

Old 12-14-2016, 04:24 PM

230 posts, read 173,220 times
if there's a connection, you will know.

Old 12-14-2016, 04:31 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,147,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mej210390 View Post
For example I have asked people the following questions before in relation to the question I am asking now in the forum;

Do you Dislike/Hate me?

Do you think I am too fat?

Do you think I am annoying?

among others but these are just some starters about what I ask people on a daily basis,

every time I ask these questions among others of course I get back the same bull**** response that I am a lovely person etc, etc.

Whats up with this?

wheres the honesty and truthfulness.

I have Autism, it pisses me off.

I suspect people hate me, think I am fat and find me annoying but won't be honest about it!

what would you do? would you be honest? please add in to the debate?
Wow, how exhausting knowing you must be. People who do not know you well do not want to criticize you. They don't know what reaction you will have. They don't want to witness a meltdown.

Have you had life skills coaching? If not, you need to find it because you can't get along with people if you demand they criticize you and when they refuse, you become really angry.

Here's the thing: you can't make people act differently toward you. You can't force them to do anything. The only person you have control over is yourself.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:56 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,448,254 times
Sometimes the most honest answer is the silent one .

Part of maturity is to be discreet and that includes being diplomatic. Integrity can be respectfull.

Old 12-14-2016, 07:02 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,643 times
I do agree that it would not be very good to be asking these questions on a daily basis. It doesn't really serve a benefit for them to tell you that they don't like you in this sense.

However I do understand your frustration about there being a lack of honesty in this society. It makes no sense to me because as I said before I want an employer to tell me why they didn't like me/why they didn't think I'm good. Maybe it will solve nothing but maybe not. It could be something I could change your mind about because when you lie to me you are missing out on a hard worker. They will often give you an auto email that you just simply weren't qualified enough. What am I supposed to do with that?

I also can't stand it when someone pretends/makes a strong case that they really do like me when I know damn well they don't. I caught my coach with this and they kept trying to tell me that they liked me. They could have directed me to someone else who would have meshed with me better but no this witch kept trying to work with me and telling me she wants me to succeed when she didn't care.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:31 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,070,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
It doesn't matter at ALL what other people think of you. What do YOU think of you. I do nice things for people all the time. I have to run home today and am missing a luncheon that I bought a ticket for. I gave the ticket to a coworker for free and said "lunch is on me, enjoy". He said "I'll get you the money" and I said, "Forget about it, it's a gift, enjoy".

My wife often says to me "You're a really nice guy". Guess what, I AM ! I do lots of nice things for people because I enjoy it. I'm also about 20 lbs overweight so I don't have to ask people if I"m fat. I also know what Brad Pitt and George Clooney look like so I don't have to wonder if I"m good looking.

Do your own reality check. It's not that hard and it really doesn't matter one bit that I"m not as good looking as someone else, I'm loving my life and enjoying every minute. Relax and enjoy the ride ! Now time to play with the dogs.

You're not going to believe this. So yesterday I gave my luncheon ticket to my coworker. He ends up winning $50 in the raffle with my ticket and brings in donuts for everyone today. WIN !! Karma is fun !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology