Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 04:44 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
I wouldn't laugh at them dying. It just shows that I am just as cruel and heartless as the bullies were. And yes I was bullied as well.
I wouldn't laugh but I would not give anything even remotely resembling a or have a hint of sympathy. To this day, I have nightmares about what those kids did to me. Anything unfortunate befalls them, my attitude is "now it's your turn !"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 05:32 PM

710 posts, read 584,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
I was traumatized too. But I am not going to stoop to their level and then complain about how they treated me. I am not going to become heartless and cruel just because that is the way they were and maybe still are.
I get your point, and you may be right but forgiveness is off of the table for me. Certain memories I have of what they did will never go away and I'll always have certain insecurities because of them. Due to the fact that I'll likely never interact with them ever again, getting some type of revenge is unrealistic. My form of revenge is wishing all of them ill will and I would be happy to hear any misfortune they happen to run in to. I really hate those people and I always will. Every single last one.

Old 08-31-2017, 04:17 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,633,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Exactly. Whenever I catch myself even starting to have thoughts of wishing revenge or something bad happening to someone who "deserves" it, I even try to stop that. I just don't want to be the kind of person who wishes for bad things to happen to people, even if they've done something awful themselves. It just makes me feel... small. Petty. I don't want to be like that.

Old 09-03-2017, 06:24 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Um, yes. I have.

Old 09-03-2017, 06:41 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times
There has been one person that has been involved in my life about whom I have thought about enacting some sort of revenge towards. The "crime" this person committed against me was very bad, and I never met this person. When I think about revenge I realize it would hurt other innocents as it did me and those closest to me. I'm not willing to hurt the other innocents even though this person did hurt me and those close to me. It was a pain I could not bring on others. I trust the universe to bring revenge and am satisfied in knowing it will happen. I won't see it, but it will be lifelong. I live my life happier despite this person's actions.

As far as the petty stuff from grade school, high school, etc.--never think about it twice.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:13 PM

710 posts, read 584,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
I trust the universe to bring revenge and am satisfied in knowing it will happen. I won't see it, but it will be lifelong.
I don't believe this to be true at all. Terrible things have happened to innocent/good people and good things have happened to bad/evil people. It is likely that the person you seek revenge against will never have to answer to or face consequences for their actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology