Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2017, 07:44 AM

27 posts, read 16,584 times

Advertisements

Notice I worded this very carefully. I said why some , because it could be any person, so I am addressing why for the ones that do, and also I said attempt to bring others down, since that usually only happens if the other person does not fight back or defend themselves, against whatever the effort is.

I read some closed posts, I would have loved to respond. Some posters say that some people are evil because they have lower moral content or character, and just when I was about to attempt reply to the closed thread to say do not be so judgemental, if it's all relative then that same judgement levied of low character or low morals is as well when I was struck with the thought of just how far some will go to smear someone.

Most recent example I can think of is conveniently timed rape allegations (I know, its sick) against soon-to-officially-be 45th President Trump as well as a myriad of other things.. that one stood out to me as downright awful. To say. Where are they now? Nope. They vanished! Yet, they and some of their cohorts attempted a coordinated attack on character. I feel Trump went through all the stages of defending himself, obviously being bothere enough that someone would make such an accusation to discredit it on its ridiculous details, before going silent and letting it go away on its own. Point: The attempt was made. Who is "evil" or of low moral character there.

So, bringing this in, if we can tie this also to any wanna-be activist or whomever feels they can create a sensational tale to try to dazzle the masses into believing, speaking as loudly and boldly to those who will listen as they can, and somehow differentiate from a normal "jerk," why do some people make such great effort to take down others? What prompts it? How do they feel when their efforts fail? How does that work out?

Those that speak the loudest... Have the least to say. Is a saying I have heard...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2017, 07:40 PM

866 posts, read 626,905 times
It all begins with being infected with Toxic Shame and self contempt in early childhood FROM already infected others, usually our parents, so we go on to being: mean, bitter, angry, hostile, bad, abusive, etc. due to NOT feeling good about our selves, Folks with high healthy self esteem/worth/respect do not NEED to hurt others to feel better with them selves whereas hurt people often need to hurt other people as some kind of perverted REVENGE for what was done to them in early childhood or even later on.
Toxic Shame (google it) and self contempt (plus some genetic flaws) inspire or drive nearly all bad/criminal activities in this world.

Old 01-04-2017, 06:43 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,634,393 times
There are so many contexts in bringing someone down. Bringing down someone you don't know, like in politics or celebrities? When someone you know personally hurts you and you bring them down as revenge?

Thinking other people are better than you, jealousy of their success in life, desire for revenge to punish them and make yourself feel better, a sense of power, doing it to feel superior to them.

Old 01-05-2017, 02:37 PM

343 posts, read 314,925 times
some people are control freaks and like to be the alpha/dominant one..some people get drunk on power and being able to hurt others and they put up walls...i think it is also some twisted projection of their own self hatred of themselves and their own lives, i think some people even rationalized why they have to hurt people. Misery loves company!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology