Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 11:42 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,109,373 times

Advertisements

There's more than looks. Who wants a brainless bimbo? (Sadly, I'm sure many do. Arm candy.)

I'm more interested in the person, the personality, physical fitness. To me physical fitness is more important than looks, which everybody seems to agree mostly fades over time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 01:43 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
There are some women who cannot catch a man's interest because of our looks.

SO then what?
I was considered attractive since I was young, that is not me doing anything, that's genetics and only around for a limited time.

If looks won't work then you must show them how great you are. Ok, so what did I get the most compliments on? My profile. Most found it funny, it showed (not told) that I was reasonably intelligent, and had many diverse interests. Profiles should show you are someone fun to be around or if you are out, be open and friendly. Not just to some guy you are interested in, to everyone. If a guy sees that he will feel safer asking you out.

Join meet-ups that are in your areas of interest. Then you are exposed to the same people in an enjoyable environment. If you don't meet someone, no loss.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-15-2017, 03:47 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
There are some women who cannot catch a man's interest because of our looks.

SO then what?
Yeah. You have to find something that works for you.

Like some butterface women. They don't have the best face, so they may wear clothes that draw more attention to their body, which is their better physical aspect.

If you can't work with face or body, sadly you may have to be more outgoing and simply go out more and interact with people so that they get a chance to see your persona more -rather than only having your looks to go on, and not being impressed.

Old 02-15-2017, 06:55 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,349,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Yeah. You have to find something that works for you.

Like some butterface women. They don't have the best face, so they may wear clothes that draw more attention to their body, which is their better physical aspect.

If you can't work with face or body, sadly you may have to be more outgoing and simply go out more and interact with people so that they get a chance to see your persona more -rather than only having your looks to go on, and not being impressed.
I was in an anime-watching club. We mostly looked like varying degrees of garbage. This looking like garbage resulted in a downward spiral that resulted in both men and women seeing each other and thinking "Well...this is definitely not an environment in which there would be much purpose to dressing to impress" so even the people who might initially have had some kind of pride in their physical appearances eventually just kind of...oozed into the pit with the rest of us.

There were exceptions though. The was a woman who was kind of the matriarch of the group. She was overweight and not very naturally attractive. She was the type of women who most likely was made fun of in high school...except that maybe not because she had enough of a strong personality that I'm not sure anyone who made fun of her would survive.

She was fun. She was great at making newcomers feel welcomed. We'd have costume contest things, and she'd dress so that she looked pretty good. Her outfits would capitalize on her physical strengths and distract from her physical flaws. She had an, I think, husband, or fiance' or long term boyfriend who was probably he best looking guy there. That's not saying much when everybody else was garbage...but he was definitely more than garbage. He seemed like an okay guy. He was quiet though so I didn't know him well. I can't see her having an enormous amount of trouble in the dating world...just because she was so enjoyable to be around.

Last edited by Clintone; 02-15-2017 at 08:25 AM..

Old 02-15-2017, 09:53 AM

My advice for anybody who wasn't lucky to be born with natural good looks, head out to the gym and get in good physical shape.

Your choice is average or below looks with sloppy body, or average or below looks with an attractive body. In other words make the best with what you have.

Old 02-22-2017, 07:46 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times
Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAborg View Post
That guys care most about physical beauty is indisputable (consistent with both evolutionary theory and many studies). So, ladies, unless there's $$$$$$$$ in it (in which it'd be business and fair game), why even pursue romantic relationships, in which guys care most about your physical beauty, which would inevitably fade and which would inevitably be beaten by a more beautiful woman (no matter how beautiful you are)? Plus, even if we lived in a Peter Pan world where women stay looking aged 20 forever, it's just so superficial and pointless. Is it not better to stay single forever, where we don't have to worry about the men we are attached to leaving us or fantasizing about leaving us for more beautiful women? This wasn't an option for women just a century ago, but today it is.
I totally get this. I was wondering if I wrote it when I first read it and just forgot .
My advise to any woman out there is just make sure you can take care of yourself.
I see far too many women still dependent on someone else.
People change ... you can change.
You can't know what will happen in the future in advance.
All relationships with other people do end at some point. This is just nature.
You got to have your own back and be able to take care of yourself no matter what happens.
Women more often then men tend to put their dreams on hold to meet the needs of other people.
I use to think relationships with other people need to be the centre of my universe...
but now more so then ever I am realizing the most important relation I am ever going to have is with myself. I am the only person who will ALWAYS have to be able to take care of me.
I am not saying you can't meet someone and fall in love...
but love will not likely solve all your problems or even any ...
Learn to take care of yourself first and consider any other love, financial assistance and support as an add on bonus ( at it can come and go)

I think in general at least for myself I am in a state of the most peace and happiness when I can tune out thought regarding what other people are thinking of me and just let loose and enjoying being in the moment.

Stop caring about what other people want from you ex I need to be physically beautiful to be loved. Physical beautify can also be a curse in away as it can often draw in the attention from the most shallow people that will be worthless to know in the long run. Those are the one that are likely only going to be there for the good times and will split the moment physical beauty fades.

Old 02-22-2017, 09:35 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times
Women only care about money and all they do is use men. You see how sexist and rude that sounds? That's what you sound like when you generalize all men by the actions of a few

Old 02-22-2017, 09:43 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times
Default ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Women only care about money and all they do is use men. You see how sexist and rude that sounds? That's what you sound like when you generalize all men by the actions of a few
Very fair comment. In general though it can me very tricky to read some people to get their true mentally. It takes time to get to understand someone that way.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:21 AM

The stereotype is "women use men only for money, men use women only for sex."

Anybody with that attitude should get out of the human race.

Old 02-23-2017, 12:14 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
My advice for anybody who wasn't lucky to be born with natural good looks, head out to the gym and get in good physical shape.

Your choice is average or below looks with sloppy body, or average or below looks with an attractive body. In other words make the best with what you have.
I don't know why so many people here assume that if a woman has "meh" looks that she should work out, i.e. that her body needs improvement. In every case I know of, the women who have trouble attracting male attention don't need to work out. They're already slim and trim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology