Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 08:46 AM

951 posts, read 1,139,812 times

Advertisements

Yes, I feel that way just about everyone who has left me. Not all the time, but sometimes I feel that about everyone who left. I don't know if it's because I'm trying to find a reason to move on or not to miss them as much, but there are definitely some that I'm thankful for leaving me when I didn't see the reasons then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2017, 12:22 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,575,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
Has he become involved with someone else, a new friend perhaps?

I've had men friends before and once they get into a relationship, they would tell me it was time to back off. That their girlfriend wasn't okay with them having women friends.
No, he is not in a relationship. And he has not told me to back off.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:59 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,274,303 times
Yup!

Cat

Old 05-08-2017, 06:27 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,160,594 times
I thought so but I figured out it was me

Old 05-08-2017, 06:33 PM

761 posts, read 603,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
Has anyone else ever felt relieved and grateful that a person was not in your life anymore, when you had previously felt disturbed over their absence. And after a lot of reflection and introspection, you realize you are eternally grateful they are not part of your life?

OMG tassity, I can't beleive your words!! I was just thinking that thought, and when I saw your post it was rather amazing!

I had a friend my husband called a "mooch". She was always asking for absurd things like:

If I leave my husband can I come and live with you?

or

I have a lot of things in storage, how about letting me put them in your garage instead?

or

Will you let my husband stay with you for the weekend so I can have a weekend to myself

(..her husband was mean spirited and quite boorish)
I had known her for such a long time it seemed unfathomable to ever end the relationship, but her neediness became unbearable, and unhealthy for the sanctity of my marriage. My priorities to my husband, a good and supportive man, comes first. I had to show her to the door.

I haven't spoken to her in 4 years after being friends for four decades, and I was just thinking about her through force of habit.. because her birthday was yesterday.

I think people become a habit, and we are fearful of moving on.

I taught myself to let go, and I do reflect and recognize I have emancipated myself.

I have no other friends that ask me for such weighty favors, but instead I have felt an intrisic benevolence to people who love me for me.

Last edited by tidaldream; 05-08-2017 at 07:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology