Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2017, 11:19 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,034,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yes, and people who want McDonalds or candy should be forced to eat it in a room filled with photos of the insides of the arteries of the many more people dying from heart disease and strokes, and photos of the amputated feet of Diabetics. Then we can add photos of yellow-skinned people dying of Cirrhosis in all the bars, too. Then magically everyone will get the picture, and no one will smoke, drink, eat fat or sugar ever again. Simple.
Cigarettes are the equivalent of drugs with no enjoyment, no health benefit or purpose, therefore they are should be dealt with differently then things that are merely just "bad" for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 11:44 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,121,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Yep that is definitely a pain in the you know what. What email service do you use? With mine, there's an option of designating emails from certain addresses and domains
as junk.
I have a hosting service, not an email service. It's the virtual equivalent of having my own email server on my own domains, and I host several websites too. It's not for most people unless they run websites. You can find any number of services by Googling "web hosts." Some of them offer stripped down plans with email but no hosting, for less money.

Old 07-19-2017, 11:50 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,121,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Companies that set up "unsubscribe" links in emails...
I just wanted to add, NEVER unsubscribe from spam, i.e. the sender is not somebody you gave your email address to. Instead, you'll have to use a spam filter or other means to get rid of them. With spam, if you click the "unsubscribe" link that just tells the spammer that they have your real email address. You'll end up on lists that spammers sell one another.

That's why I have throw-away email addresses. When one of them starts getting spammed I just delete the address. NOBODY has my real email address. I give out only forwards which can easily be deleted. (I have a different email account for friends & family.)

Old 07-19-2017, 11:51 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,980,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
If that's your attempt at sarcasm. Thanks, uh, not.

I asked about inconveniences and annoyances, so clearly the question wasn't about major or life changing issues. I suppose you never get ticked off about anything, or nothing ever annoys you as you go about your day? (other than people who get ticked about about little annoyances apparently.) You have a good day.

Old 07-19-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfab1 View Post
Another annoyance is when people in stores (it usually seems to be grocery stores) block an aisle with their cart, and are oblivious to the fact that other people are there and need to be able to pass. Then when you say "excuse me" to them, they move their cart like one millimeter so you are lucky if you can just squeeze by.
Yep, as if they own the aisle or you are disturbing their conversation

Old 07-19-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectoris View Post
lmao. Oh dear... OP you did EVERYTHING you could, to put your question into context, and STILL, this snide litte comment has to come seeping out of the woodwork. It's not funny - it's judgment of the OP's daring to talk about things that aren't life-threatening.
Shame isn't it, so I think they should have some organic Kale, I just read about kale & so in an earlier reply

Old 07-19-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoundedSpirit View Post
Mine are mostly due to experiencing life in a wheelchair:

Nobody sees you because you are not at their eye level so they run into you or won't get out of your way.

Aisles in the stores and libraries that you can't get into because they are too close together, or theiris a cardboard display in the middle of the aisle.

Wheelchair accessible bathrooms that don't have enough room for your chair to fit into the stall.

People who give you the stink-eye because you are using the handicap scooter and you happen to be overweight

Going to parades and you can't see because people stand in front of you.
Yes and they hog up the aisle and you say excuse me and they act like you are bothering them and of course some people don't look at you as if you are some kind of creature

Do they really think we enjoy riding in that scooter?
Geez you can't even fit your groceries in that thing, that's what irritates me

Old 07-19-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Why is everyone getting so agumentative? The TOPIC is minor things that get on your nerves, now you're going to single out one person for answering it and tell her her feelings/opinions are wrong? It is an OPINION piece, there is no right or wrong. OP asked "what inconveniences annoy you most?" and this poster answered just like we all did.

Lighten up. Everyone knows these aren't the equivalent to cancer.
right on

Old 07-19-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Separating coffee filters and opening those filmy, flimsy plastic bags in the Produce section that seemed welded shut.
yes, I had to fight with those bags last night!

Old 07-19-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Tis reminds me of another one, trying to open so many things I buy now. My nasal spray now has, in addition to shrink-wrapped plastic, some new child-proof cap that I have yet to figure out. I ended up breaking two bottles of spray trying to open them.
Yes, everything is just too much, overboard, I keep a pair of small pliers and small scissors handy, I now have scissors in my car if God forbid I have a headache and need to buy some asprin or anything when I'm on the road.

And do we really need a flip top then sealed plastic on top of the alcohol bottle (for cuts etc)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology