Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 05:53 PM

10,612 posts, read 12,129,422 times

Advertisements

For decades now TPTB have been pushing us to used debit and credit cards. And I've finally started doing that almost all the time. Some days I carry NO cash.

So I go to the post office today -- not some small mom and pop store with an old 1950s push the keys cash register.....the post office. And the sign on the door says, "no debt OR credit cards -- CASH ONLY."

Now, I have to say that just royally ticked me off. How the heck does that location have NO register that can take debit or CC. Now it might have been only for today. The sign didn't say. So all the people who had no money on them were out of luck?!

But that is the kind of example I'm talking about when I ask about annoyances and inconveniences that just get on your nerves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 06:03 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,064,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
For decades now TPTB have been pushing us to used debit and credit cards. And I've finally started doing that almost all the time. Some days I carry NO cash.

So I go to the post office today -- not some small mom and pop store with an old 1950s push the keys cash register.....the post office. And the sign on the door says, "no debt OR credit cards -- CASH ONLY."

Now, I have to say that just royally ticked me off. How the heck does that location have NO register that can take debit or CC. Now it might have been only for today. The sign didn't say. So all the people who had no money on them were out of luck?!

But that is the kind of example I'm talking about when I ask about annoyances and inconveniences that just get on your nerves.
When the doctor says you have cancer.
Or were you talking about real problems.?

Old 05-19-2017, 06:11 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,907,290 times
Male-bashing annoys me. Since we live in a politically correct era, male-bahsing is considered O.K., but not its opposite.

Old 05-20-2017, 05:23 AM

10,612 posts, read 12,129,422 times
Quote:
When the doctor says you have cancer.
Or were you talking about real problems.?
If that's your attempt at sarcasm. Thanks, uh, not.

I asked about inconveniences and annoyances, so clearly the question wasn't about major or life changing issues. I suppose you never get ticked off about anything, or nothing ever annoys you as you go about your day? (other than people who get ticked about about little annoyances apparently.) You have a good day.

Old 05-20-2017, 06:55 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,037,472 times
Going to a place of business - any place, and the person you're trying to speak to puts you "on hold" to take a phone call. Fingernails on a chalkboard to me..

Old 05-20-2017, 07:10 AM

761 posts, read 604,688 times
Junk mail and telemarketers

Old 05-20-2017, 07:55 AM

509 posts, read 485,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post

You think that's bad? I went to the post office in my suburb of Los Angeles to buy postage stamps (something I only buy every few years or so now). After waiting on line, I was told that they didn't sell them.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:08 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,037,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliblue View Post
You think that's bad? I went to the post office in my suburb of Los Angeles to buy postage stamps (something I only buy every few years or so now). After waiting on line, I was told that they didn't sell them.
The DMV and the Post Office are the most miserable places anywhere.. Both are filled with sloths who could not care less about anything if their life depended on it.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:21 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
On buses!

People can wait for ages at the bus stop and queue up once it's arrived but they wait until they get to the driver and have to pay to search for their card/money etc.

Then look in their pockets, bags and take ages to find it.

Drives me mental.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:38 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate67 View Post
The DMV and the Post Office are the most miserable places anywhere.. Both are filled with sloths who could not care less about anything if their life depended on it.
This doesn't apply in my town. The people in the post office here have been there for years and they are very nice. They've gone out of their way to find the cheapest way to send my packages and letters many times. Not only do they take debit and credit cards, I can get cash back, too. They look like they are hustling all the time, to me, some days it's a never ending line for window service.

I know it's not the topic, but you didn't add "IMO" so I felt I couldn't let it stand there as fact.

Mine is people who don't put their cart in the cart corral, even if it was 5 feet from their spot. I shouldn't have to get out of my car to move a cart from the spot to park, nor worry about my cart being hit by wayward carts on windy days because the last person was too lazy to put it where it belongs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology