Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 08:11 PM

19,480 posts, read 24,971,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, I suppose it's time for me to step away from CD for a while. I can't take the stupidity much more. I probably shouldn't have started this thread but whatever.
I enjoyed this thread. Thanks for starting it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 08:35 PM

48,302 posts, read 34,433,441 times
Quote:

If someone can't have an open and honest discussion and come to the table with a willingness to hear the other side out, I just can't abide by those morons. Those are the kind of people that don't wanna have a discussion they just want to bash people over the head with their views.

It's damn childish and frankly pathetic as hell behavior. Makes me sick. If you can be a open enough to reshape an opinion based on new and or improved data, you are literally an idiot. Text book definition of an idiot.
While I have found those where we could be at opposing views and have a very reasonable discussion, I fear I find more like you describe above.

If society ever fails, I am retreating to family only and staying away from groups. I think the majority of people have no problem sinking to their baser instincts. I realize that is a tad extreme of a view for the subject matter...... but I am starting to question humanity.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-25-2017, 09:20 PM

51,905 posts, read 52,289,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
While I have found those where we could be at opposing views and have a very reasonable discussion, I fear I find more like you describe above.

If society ever fails, I am retreating to family only and staying away from groups. I think the majority of people have no problem sinking to their baser instincts. I realize that is a tad extreme of a view for the subject matter...... but I am starting to question humanity.
No doubt we go to base behavior when challenged with extreme situations. I mean heck, the silly show The Walking Dead is a perfect example of going to the baser instinct when trouble hits.

I mean it's bad when you are ten times more afraid of humans than zombies. LOL.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:44 PM

19,229 posts, read 15,092,753 times
What I don't get is when posters state that they're virgins or haven't had any kind of experience at all (all well and good), and then later start coming up with this new backstory/history about all these partners, and then start handing out advice or, worse, demeaning comments about the opposite sex. You are aware we have memory banks, right? And that there's a posting history?

Old 06-25-2017, 10:59 PM

48,302 posts, read 34,433,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
What I don't get is when posters state that they're virgins or haven't had any kind of experience at all (all well and good), and then later start coming up with this new backstory/history about all these partners, and then start handing out advice or, worse, demeaning comments about the opposite sex. You are aware we have memory banks, right? And that there's a posting history?
Then they tell you to only comment on the single post, and ignore everything else!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-26-2017, 12:28 AM

51,905 posts, read 52,289,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Then they tell you to only comment on the single post, and ignore everything else!!
I really suffer from CRS and I love it when some poster gets all annoyed and thinks that you are stalking them when you simply remember their backstory. LOL. I mean jeez come on you post enough and say the same things a few times anyone with a basic functioning brain is going to at some point remember what you say. LOL

I had one super stupid poster actually accuse me of stalking her and scanning her history because I called her out on something she said. LOL, no dumbass, if you say the same thing several times anyone with a brain can pick up on your attitude about it. This stupid woman thought that I actually researched her history. LOL, no honey, get over yourself, I have a basic memory bank, I wouldn't bother to research your crap posts..... LOL

Last edited by Chowhound; 06-26-2017 at 12:41 AM..

Old 06-26-2017, 01:27 AM

19,229 posts, read 15,092,753 times
Quote:
I really suffer from CRS and I love it when some poster gets all annoyed and thinks that you are stalking them when you simply remember their backstory. LOL. I mean jeez come on you post enough and say the same things a few times anyone with a basic functioning brain is going to at some point remember what you say. LOL
Yeah, when someone says something really nasty for no good reason, I try to take note. lol

Old 06-26-2017, 10:48 AM

921 posts, read 521,594 times
Quote:
In general and aside from this rant here of mine I'm getting better at not letting things here on CD annoy me. I struggle at times with it though.

I struggle with people that even when confronted with clear evidence to the contrary of what they may be talking about, when they just dig in deeper and won't listen to logic or reason.

That intellectual dishonesty and being stubborn knowing that they are or could possibly be wrong I find that behavior to be one of the things that just drives me nuts, it's a major major pet peeve of mine.

If someone can't have an open and honest discussion and come to the table with a willingness to hear the other side out, I just can't abide by those morons. Those are the kind of people that don't wanna have a discussion they just want to bash people over the head with their views.

It's damn childish and frankly pathetic as hell behavior. Makes me sick. If you can be a open enough to reshape an opinion based on new and or improved data, you are literally an idiot. Text book definition of an idiot.
It's not only here, but in daily life. You tell someone, "hey the stove is hot, please don't touch it." WTH do they do.....touch it. Chow, I believe you care a lot about people and want to help. When you know the stove will burn them, you try to keep them from getting burned. When they get burned, it's aggravating. I believe most people are like you, they want to help when they can. When people don't listen,

This is a great post, Chow, and someone is always listening. May not agree, but will make them think.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:55 AM

29,627 posts, read 34,112,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble and Kind View Post
I believe most people are like you, they want to help when they can. When people don't listen,
Since this is now in the psychology forum, it brings up the whole idea of the sockpuppet or the "t-word" kind of poster. There are so many threads where people take the time to give thoughtful, appropriate advice, then the OP writes something that signals oh, this guy is just messing with us. Then when they get found out they accuse the regulars of being losers who spend to much time on the internet. Okay, you just hatched an elaborate backstory to mess around with people who mean well--who's the loser there?

Old 06-26-2017, 11:15 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,684,765 times
What I find interesting is that the very posters who start threads looking for advice they clearly need (but am unwilling to follow) are then more than willing to offer up their own brand of advice to others.

They can't figure things out but believe they have a good response for someone else who is just as lost?

Ugggh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology