Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 04:10 AM

823 posts, read 1,960,834 times

Advertisements

...and I guess you know what I mean, and I will say it sooner or later"

Those where the last words I spoke to a person I recently met on the internet. Whe talked everyday for a few weeks, there was a feeling of connection,rspectuful, friendly, sex talk, sharing this and that. No pictures, no personal info (I asked her for a picture, she said it was too early, I asked her if she had a Facebook account, she said no)...but we have discussed meeting in real life next december.

Now...why did I say those words and what do they mean?

The "I know it sounds crazy but you are very important to me", means just that. It means, yes, we just met online, I am just a semi-stranger to you, and perhaps you may think you are just a semi-stranger to me, and I know you have lots of friends and a rich social circle and potential and a bright future ahead so I dont wanna scare you by suggesting that I wanna make you "mine", or play games with you, or put on your shoulders a burden of responsbility for my happiness, but at the same time I must be honest and admit you have become in a few weeks an important person in my life, the most important person actually...a person that gives me hope again after so many years thinking that my love life was over forever and nobody will ever fill this void I feel inside of me, but to my surprise here am I again thinking about you all day long and feeling things I havent felt in decades...

The "I am tryng not to say something " part means "I am trying not to say I love you"...cos I think you dont say that thing just like that...I wanted to be subtle and gentle, find the perfect moment to say something like that...I wanted to make her understand, "look, I love you, but I know that if I say so maybe you freak out cos you think I am too fast and I dont wanna make you feel pressured, I wanna give you your space and make you feel confortable, but at the same time give you a hint of my true feelings about you...".

So what happened? She is gone. She has not answered any of my messages for 2 days....

The very next day when I checked my e-mail and saw she had not answered I had this painful feeling, like "okay, that's it...", it's like I knew it right away I had lost her. I felt like Icharus flying too high and melting his wings in the Sun.

I've apologized, I told her it was not my intention to cross any line, or get too close, I was just being honest. And I am not even sure if saying that could be the cause of such a drastic reaction from her..perhaps she had an accident or something...I am googling news from her town but nothing comes up..I've sent her several messages "if you dont wanna talk to me again for whatever reason I will accept it and I wont send you more messages, but please tell me you are fine cos I am worried..."

I've been in hell for the past 2 days, thinking I blew my last chance at finding love in this life...I am very depressed right now.

Can I have some words of windom?

Last edited by Javier77; 08-12-2017 at 04:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 01:54 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,573,832 times
How old are YOU? And just get over it. Strangers in the night come and go. At least in the old days of dating before the net, we met thru letters via the mail and photos included in the mail and often would meet and often no connection in person, and sometimes yes a connection, small or big. You just continue, slow down and work on letting "it" happen if and when.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
How old are YOU? And just get over it. Strangers in the night come and go. At least in the old days of dating before the net, we met thru letters via the mail and photos included in the mail and often would meet and often no connection in person, and sometimes yes a connection, small or big. You just continue, slow down and work on letting "it" happen if and when.

I am 40...out of the dating scene for 10 years. It came as a surprise, I was not expecting it nor searching for it.

Old 08-12-2017, 04:35 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,573,832 times
We have two fellows in their 40's who date here and there, and for some reason keep avoiding heavy commitments. They are respectable in many areas, and could have lots to offer but avoid those major commitments. We have two brothers who are twins 24, one has a gf and the other very very spiritual and can't stand the glamour and phoneyness of some women around here.

For you Javier hang on for another surprise, or maybe the gal you were talking to will re-surface, who's what goes on in minds of others, maybe she got scared with your words.

Old 08-12-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
We have two fellows in their 40's who date here and there, and for some reason keep avoiding heavy commitments. They are respectable in many areas, and could have lots to offer but avoid those major commitments. We have two brothers who are twins 24, one has a gf and the other very very spiritual and can't stand the glamour and phoneyness of some women around here.

For you Javier hang on for another surprise, or maybe the gal you were talking to will re-surface, who's what goes on in minds of others, maybe she got scared with your words.

Thanks for your answers, Jamin, I appreciate it.

Old 08-12-2017, 04:47 PM

3,532 posts, read 2,988,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier77 View Post
...and I guess you know what I mean, and I will say it sooner or later"

Those where the last words I spoke to a person I recently met on the internet. Whe talked everyday for a few weeks, there was a feeling of connection,rspectuful, friendly, sex talk, sharing this and that. No pictures, no personal info (I asked her for a picture, she said it was too early, I asked her if she had a Facebook account, she said no)...but we have discussed meeting in real life next december.

Now...why did I say those words and what do they mean?

The "I know it sounds crazy but you are very important to me", means just that. It means, yes, we just met online, I am just a semi-stranger to you, and perhaps you may think you are just a semi-stranger to me, and I know you have lots of friends and a rich social circle and potential and a bright future ahead so I dont wanna scare you by suggesting that I wanna make you "mine", or play games with you, or put on your shoulders a burden of responsbility for my happiness, but at the same time I must be honest and admit you have become in a few weeks an important person in my life, the most important person actually...a person that gives me hope again after so many years thinking that my love life was over forever and nobody will ever fill this void I feel inside of me, but to my surprise here am I again thinking about you all day long and feeling things I havent felt in decades...

The "I am tryng not to say something " part means "I am trying not to say I love you"...cos I think you dont say that thing just like that...I wanted to be subtle and gentle, find the perfect moment to say something like that...I wanted to make her understand, "look, I love you, but I know that if I say so maybe you freak out cos you think I am too fast and I dont wanna make you feel pressured, I wanna give you your space and make you feel confortable, but at the same time give you a hint of my true feelings about you...".

So what happened? She is gone. She has not answered any of my messages for 2 days....

The very next day when I checked my e-mail and saw she had not answered I had this painful feeling, like "okay, that's it...", it's like I knew it right away I had lost her. I felt like Icharus flying too high and melting his wings in the Sun.

I've apologized, I told her it was not my intention to cross any line, or get too close, I was just being honest. And I am not even sure if saying that could be the cause of such a drastic reaction from her..perhaps she had an accident or something...I am googling news from her town but nothing comes up..I've sent her several messages "if you dont wanna talk to me again for whatever reason I will accept it and I wont send you more messages, but please tell me you are fine cos I am worried..."

I've been in hell for the past 2 days, thinking I blew my last chance at finding love in this life...I am very depressed right now.

Can I have some words of windom?
She's either unattractive, morbidly obese or a man. In this day and age, not having a picture to send is unbelievable. Move on, you were getting catfished.

Old 08-12-2017, 04:47 PM

29,627 posts, read 34,112,869 times
Bottom line is that you laid it on the line, and she doesn't share your feelings and or know how to respond. Not responding is a response, though, even though it's not the one you wanted.

Old 08-12-2017, 05:14 PM

35,512 posts, read 17,705,812 times
Javier, you weren't in love with "her", you were in love with a person you created in your mind.

Who knows what was on the other end of your emails, but it's highly unlikely it wasn't a single attractive woman.

Old 08-12-2017, 05:20 PM

Gen reply: thanks for the advice everybody . Moving on is the only option, that's for sure.

Old 08-12-2017, 05:35 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,534,989 times
I think people can go way overboard about someone they are communicating with on the internet, solely through writing. (but even with phone calls added to writing)

If you have not met the person in-person, there is NO way of knowing if this person is someone who you would like to call a friend, romantic partner, someone to date.

People have all kinds of ways of looking and being as in personal appearance, dressing, personal habits - and all kinds of ways of just being, some of which you might find objectionable in-person.

Also, it is very EASY to write someone - way easier than talking with and communicating with someone in-person. All kinds of people who were just writing each other, then meet in-person, and the relationship goes nowhere, ends pretty quickly.

Watch some episodes of 'Catfish' on MTV channel. But that show, of course, is not the only indicator. It's just one, in some instances.

OP, you went way too quickly with your written correspondent. So this was a lesson for you. Also, remember that falling in love with someone you've never met in person is often not realistic - it also shows kind of an immaturity and some desperation. So don't throw your cards into one person, and not so quickly, and with so much emotion, especially someone you have not met in-person yet.

Last edited by matisse12; 08-12-2017 at 05:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology