Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 06:50 PM

24 posts, read 17,131 times

Advertisements

I've never been diagnosed with anything, but I do think I have intrusive thoughts. One is I fall into these no one loves me spells, and turn into a crying jag. I know in my heart it's not true, I have a family and a guy who thinks I'm super!

It's not as bad as it used to be, but I still get those sad eternal loneliness type feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 06:59 PM

35,512 posts, read 17,676,943 times
*nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I'm gonna go eat worms*

Here's how to deal with that. When you feel like nobody loves you, think of something really nice to do for someone else. Send an email to an acquaintance telling them how much what they did last week impacted you positively, go buy a little plant for a friend whose birthday is coming up and leave it on her doorstep with a card, etc.

Taking your mind off yourself and on to doing something lovely for someone else will cure this Eeyore thing.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:13 PM

4,840 posts, read 3,602,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy Gander View Post
I've never been diagnosed with anything, but I do think I have intrusive thoughts. One is I fall into these no one loves me spells, and turn into a crying jag. I know in my heart it's not true, I have a family and a guy who thinks I'm super!

It's not as bad as it used to be, but I still get those sad eternal loneliness type feelings.
Good God who cares if someone likes you?

Like yourself, to heck with others.

Not everyone can be the popular girl or cool kid.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:05 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,826,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

Here's how to deal with that. When you feel like nobody loves you, think of something really nice to do for someone else. Send an email to an acquaintance telling them how much what they did last week impacted you positively, go buy a little plant for a friend whose birthday is coming up and leave it on her doorstep with a card, etc.

Taking your mind off yourself and on to doing something lovely for someone else will cure this Eeyore thing.
Agree 100%
The best remedy to cure "the no one loves me" syndrome is altruism.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:08 PM

477 posts, read 313,066 times
Stop giving a turd about what others think. It's your world, squirrel!

Old 08-24-2017, 10:16 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,261,753 times
Meditation is great to learn about keeping away intrusive thoughts. I sometimes wake up with nightmares of being basically buried alive. They terrify me. Meditation helps me shove those thoughts away and focus on more neutral and boring thoughts - and then I can go back to sleep.

WHerever You go, There You Are is a great book.

Old 08-25-2017, 01:27 PM

13,262 posts, read 7,928,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

PERFECT advice!

I would also add...if you're young and female, you're hormonal. Lots of times, our sad and intrusive thoughts come with our cycle. If you think of it objectively like that...maybe it would help.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:03 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,627,488 times
Go out and face the world. Go to parties, the mall, restaurants, the store, anywhere where there are other people. Talk to your friends, even make small talk with strangers. You'll find that people are pleasant and will treat you just fine. They won't sneer, jeer, or berate you.

The more you face people, the better you'll feel. You may not get rid of that thought completely, but you'll feel better about what you think about them. They're not out to hurt you.

Old 08-27-2017, 12:57 AM

32,752 posts, read 35,950,249 times
It's tiring. I've always been the weird person or odd girl out. I've always gotten along better with males. Which tie? Hand me the wrench. Pretty simple.

Old 08-27-2017, 01:11 AM

18,812 posts, read 32,248,860 times
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) has really helped me with this. One of the techniques is to "fact-check." In your mind or in your journal do some fact-checking. You already mentioned that you know people who love you. So, you write them down.

"Nobody loves me." What are the facts? Who can I list that loves me? List them. Therefore, what my mind is telling me is not fact.

By the way, I also learned to check some basics when I'm feeling like that - am I eating right? Too much caffeine or alcohol? Getting enough sleep? Getting enough exercise?

I have found a small thing that really makes a difference for me is taking a walk. Of course, the exercise always helps, but it breaks me out of a mental rut. It really helps to put on the shoes and just walk around the block. This is a big reason why I got a dog. Having to walk her really helps me.

But, it's a matter of checking your thoughts and behaviors to stop this kind of thing. And CBT is all about exactly that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology