Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 07:25 PM

285 posts, read 225,122 times

Advertisements

I went to the bathroom at Walmart the other day, and there was pee-soaked toilet paper all over the seat and turds on top of it and on the floor. It was disgusting.

Do these people have some kind of mental illness and crap all over the place at home too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 12:05 AM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Default Why do people leave messes in public bathrooms?

I don't know. I suspect they have emotional problems. They must if they're doing that sort of thing.

Old 08-27-2017, 04:25 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
Nice story, op. I chuckled. Turds on the floor.

Old 08-27-2017, 05:37 AM

3,444 posts, read 2,818,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Nice story, op. I chuckled. Turds on the floor.
I don't think it's an exaggeration. The things I have seen in women's public restrooms are absolutely disgusting. I won't go into detail, but turds on the floor isn't the worst of it. I have no idea who raised these women, but shame on them for not teaching basic courtesy for others who have to share this public space.

Old 08-27-2017, 05:54 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
For the same reason they leave messes on restaurant tables and counters: THEY do not have to clean it up! No, at home, neither their dining room table, nor their bathrooms, or even their kitchen counters, look like that, because they DO have to clean that mess themselves.
Chances are, their children are rather well-behaved at the home dining room table, as well, but in a public place they are allowed to be obnoxious little brats.
What is the deep, dark, psychological reason for the change in attitude between home and public places? Damifino, I didn't take enough psych courses to be able to figure it out, other than to say "Some people are slobs!"

Old 08-27-2017, 08:39 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,037,265 times
I honestly believe a lot of it is intentional... I've seen bathrooms just like what the OP is describing - and have in fact "held it" more than once because a bathroom was too disgusting to go into. I mean come on... there is no way a turd on the floor is an accident.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:56 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
I don't care if you're overweight and who you are, you have deep rooted psychological issues to be leaving feces strewn all over the bathroom stall. Entitlement syndrome, perhaps... there are some people at work who leave a mess... I can only think they are overweight. It's funny on TV though... kind of like this, a church house creeper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL1PnA698Zc

Old 08-27-2017, 10:51 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,950,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
I don't think it's an exaggeration. The things I have seen in women's public restrooms are absolutely disgusting. I won't go into detail, but turds on the floor isn't the worst of it. I have no idea who raised these women, but shame on them for not teaching basic courtesy for others who have to share this public space.
I've seen used tampons and pads on the floors of public park bathrooms. One reason I try to avoid using them. These aren't "women" using these bathrooms..

Old 08-27-2017, 11:12 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,787,522 times
On Mother's Day last year, I reached toward a sink in the bathroom of a public park and there was a condom full of semen draped across the faucet. There was a large garbage can right next to the sink, so I assume the user of the condom purposefully placed the used condom on the sink in the hopes that someone would end up with his gross j!zz on their hands. The kind of people who have sex in a public park bathroom next to where children play are not quite right in the first place.

Old 08-27-2017, 11:24 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
I don't care if you're overweight and who you are, you have deep rooted psychological issues to be leaving feces strewn all over the bathroom stall. Entitlement syndrome, perhaps... there are some people at work who leave a mess... I can only think they are overweight. It's funny on TV though... kind of like this, a church house creeper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL1PnA698Zc
You automatically assume the people who do this are overweight? Your train of logic is off the tracks. The turds on the floor I can only assume that those who that are mentally ill or homeless. All of the other stuff like the mess of toilet paper and things like that I would hope to think are ignorant little kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology