Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 05:35 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,345,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier77 View Post
Jeez...

What school did Mary Poppins attend? When did she lose her cherry?
When did she lose her cherry? Yeah, this is definitely info you don't need to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2017, 05:46 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,749,073 times
Quote:
They have no social media. No pictures. Nobody seems to miss them. No place seems to be "home" for them.

They can act normal. Polite and civil. But you can´t help havng the feeling that this person has no past.

Maybe they are a coworker. Or the guy next door. Or a second hand car salesman.

When you meet someone like this, you feel like you wanna know the story of that person? Or just find that person creepy?

Maybe they're busy living their lives instead of being perched on the computer like so many others as real life passes them by.

Old 09-23-2017, 06:42 PM

4,846 posts, read 3,619,748 times
Quote:
I was hoping you'd tell some secret about you son, that's all.
Secret?

He's just a guy who keeps to himself, thanks tho!

Old 09-23-2017, 07:04 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,830,101 times
I knew this was gonna be an outline for a short story or from a movie or something.

Because you went too far with the "Nobody seems to miss them. No place seems to be "home" for them."

How would you know if they're strangers, Steven King?

I have an ex BF with NO evidence of himself in the world except a 5 year prison sentence for a traffic accident and a social security number. With no earnings. You wouldn't even get a grunt out of him.

Some people don't blab.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:14 PM

823 posts, read 1,965,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
I knew this was gonna be an outline for a short story or from a movie or something.

Because you went too far with the "Nobody seems to miss them. No place seems to be "home" for them."

How would you know if they're strangers, Steven King?

I have an ex BF with NO evidence of himself in the world except a 5 year prison sentence for a traffic accident and a social security number. With no earnings. You wouldn't even get a grunt out of him.

Some people don't blab.

It's good to see a fan from the creative corner.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:14 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,546,499 times
Quote:
They have no social media. No pictures. Nobody seems to miss them. No place seems to be "home" for them.

They can act normal. Polite and civil. But you can´t help havng the feeling that this person has no past.

Maybe they are a coworker. Or the guy next door. Or a second hand car salesman.

When you meet someone like this, you feel like you wanna know the story of that person? Or just find that person creepy?
I don't want to know their story nor do I think they're creepy. I'm not into people watching or trying to figure them out. everyone has a story. If they share it, fine. If not, fine.

Many people aren't into social media. Good for them! Saves them from the headaches. Keeps them out of the drama.

Old 09-24-2017, 01:19 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,046,475 times
Quote:
Jeez...this is Twilight Zonish, actually.

1- Wow, I started a thread, somebody call the cops.

Heh; I was going to mention "the cops" but you beat me to it!

In some circles, having "no past" means nobody talks to you until you're checked for a wire. I knew 2 guys like that & they were very patient people. They were also adept at catching people off guard ... You know; how it's really awkward when someone makes a scene about "seeing you again!!" But you cannot remember who they are?

Well, one of these guys was super good at this: "Hey bro ... aren't you Johnny's cousin? Didn't we party at Sturgis 1996?" Of course, since "Bro" does have a cousin named Johnny that went to Sturgis with him in 1996, he doesn't want to look like some lightweight that can't remember so he plays it off like "Oh yeah, man! That was a helluva party!"

And anyone who might have been thinking "What's up with this guy? Who is he anyway?" Will think "huh, guess he's cool ... if Bro was partying with him years ago ..."

Of course, this is a false sense of security; the reason Bro knows ... is because he has 2 federal agencies that have collected all the intelligence needed to be viable in an otherwise "suspicious of outsiders" group.

Their teeth were too nice so I didn't associate with them. Doesn't do any good to try to look like authentic scooter trash by running over your new leathers 100 times if your teeth look like they came straight out of the suburbs.

Makes me wonder, though; what DO under-covers do now with social media as rampant as it is when they have to "be" someone who didn't exist 6 months ago?

Old 09-24-2017, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Heh; I was going to mention "the cops" but you beat me to it!

In some circles, having "no past" means nobody talks to you until you're checked for a wire. I knew 2 guys like that & they were very patient people. They were also adept at catching people off guard ... You know; how it's really awkward when someone makes a scene about "seeing you again!!" But you cannot remember who they are?

Well, one of these guys was super good at this: "Hey bro ... aren't you Johnny's cousin? Didn't we party at Sturgis 1996?" Of course, since "Bro" does have a cousin named Johnny that went to Sturgis with him in 1996, he doesn't want to look like some lightweight that can't remember so he plays it off like "Oh yeah, man! That was a helluva party!"

And anyone who might have been thinking "What's up with this guy? Who is he anyway?" Will think "huh, guess he's cool ... if Bro was partying with him years ago ..."

Of course, this is a false sense of security; the reason Bro knows ... is because he has 2 federal agencies that have collected all the intelligence needed to be viable in an otherwise "suspicious of outsiders" group.

Their teeth were too nice so I didn't associate with them. Doesn't do any good to try to look like authentic scooter trash by running over your new leathers 100 times if your teeth look like they came straight out of the suburbs.

Makes me wonder, though; what DO under-covers do now with social media as rampant as it is when they have to "be" someone who didn't exist 6 months ago?

I know that type of stuff. My father was like that, always asking loaded questions to check my reaction, playing psychological games. I cannot remember a single time I could be relaxed around him. He played this game called "tell a lie to get a truth". Very disfunctional stuff. In his beathbed me told me he was sorry for all that bull****, and we had our first sincere conversation ever. Eveything was forgiven. He went in peace.

Old 09-24-2017, 05:25 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,333,607 times
The apple didn't fall far from the tree as far as playing psychological games.
I sense that you are just like your Father.

Old 09-24-2017, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
The apple didn't fall far from the tree as far as playing psychological games.
I sense that you are just like your Father.

WOW...talk about making assumptions about total strangers and going all personal and stuff....

Thanks god for CD, life would be so boring without it, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology