Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 11:30 PM

23,143 posts, read 28,910,546 times

Advertisements

As our jobs today become increasingly robotic, we being turned into robots, could many of these mass killers be thinking: I killed X amount of robots today, and perhaps a human being or 2!

This could have been many times for horrific, given they found bomb making material in his car and at his house in Mesquite!

Think! No luggage is scanned at the mega hotels on the Las Vegas Strip! Or any hotels anywhere!

It was reported earlier he rented a condo at the Ogden downtown Las Vegas, overlooking the jam-packed, outdoor Life Is Beautiful event, with thousands of people in attendance!

Evidence has come out that perhaps his medication was partly to blame for it, who knows!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 03:50 AM

13,573 posts, read 9,982,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
The terrible tragedy that happened in Las Vegas has people searching for the answer of why did he do it?

In my mind, we cannot answer that question, and I'm not sure how close we are. When one points at a terrorist with proven ties to a group like ISIS, many times that's how the question gets answered. But that's more of a cause than an answer. It's the individual's brain that dictates the why. The understanding of mental illness has a long way to go, and I'm pretty sure those in the field know that. The brain is complex. We don't understand how signals really work, and what could cause a person to process their world in such a manner to carry out such an act.

Are we years, decades, or more from really beginning to target an understanding of the brain at a deeper level? Or will it even happen in our lifetime?
You may find that political correctness, is getting in the way of good honest discussion.

"You can't say that". Seems to be the first response to anyone that inadvertently speaks honestly.

Note; I'll not expand on that, I'm not allowed.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:25 AM

50,489 posts, read 36,126,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
I wonder if the fact that so many people are on pharmaceuticals is the reason behind the violence in the US. People don't act this way in other countries for no apparent reason. Please spare me the lectures on those religious fanatics. That can be blamed on core beliefs. But most of the insanity here in the USA seems like sport these days. We might want to look at the rate of mental related medication prescriptions.
That's a good thought, but I think the numbers of people on antidepressants numbers in the millions, and the ones who do this are probably .0000000000002 of that population.

I would like to see the link to the article Tijlover addressed, where he said there is already evidence the medication was to blame?

Old 10-05-2017, 07:58 AM

7,274 posts, read 5,262,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
You may find that political correctness, is getting in the way of good honest discussion.

"You can't say that". Seems to be the first response to anyone that inadvertently speaks honestly.

May find? 100% truth in this day and age. The political correctness movement, or whatever it is, is insane.

Old 10-05-2017, 08:07 AM

1,225 posts, read 628,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Well, you;d have to know something's wrong first. This man didn't show any signs of any defect until he did this.
I totally agree, I woke up this morning thinking about the carnage, and wondering how can evil go unnoticed for 64 years? Does evil develop and evolve over time? There had to be signs.

Old 10-05-2017, 08:30 AM

26,658 posts, read 26,627,701 times
Quote:
I would like to see the link to the article Tijlover addressed, where he said there is already evidence the medication was to blame?
Here's an article about his recent prescription for diazepam (Valium). This article--and others--states that one of the risks of this medication is that it can trigger aggressive behavior. It was prescribed for his anxiety. (I don't happen to believe that a medication alone can cause this type of reaction.)

Las Vegas Strip shooter prescribed anti-anxiety drug in June: https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/...-drug-in-june/

Old 10-05-2017, 08:47 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,392,058 times
Quote:
It;s not about being above anything. Even in caveman days I doubt mass murder for no reason at all was committed. This is really not a natural state IMO, or we'd have seen this type of thing through our history. Murder of one person is not the same as this. So why are we regressing?
There is evidence of attempted genocides throughout our history. Look into the Mandans and the Souix. What disease started the Souix were more than happy to complete. Almost anyway. By 1840 95% had been killed off in the Dakota area. Back when we were Hunter gatherers avoidance of one another's groups except at certain times most likely kept such things at a minimum.

There is a history of this mass murder thing all the way back to ancient times. Somebody in a village goes nuts with a sword or hatchet or club or automatic rifle. Today the opportunities available to a mass murderer are far more lucrative than earlier times due to the sheer number of people and the technology available.

Ideally/normally people would never do this. Circumstance can make people do horrible things. If our society were to fall apart because of some catastrophy people would soon be eating each other. We're animals inside.

Old 10-05-2017, 08:49 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,392,058 times
Quote:

Oh how true.

Old 10-05-2017, 09:10 AM

15,803 posts, read 6,261,660 times
Quote:

Why? What's going to happen if you say something not PC? Will you be put in jail?

Old 10-05-2017, 09:15 AM

13,573 posts, read 9,982,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Why? What's going to happen if you say something not PC? Will you be put in jail?
It's not the not PC, it's radicalised liberal bigots, that run around reporting trolling, and racism, knowing full well nothing of the sort has been said. But in the name of political correctness, labels and infractions are given. From then on, you are marked.

Sarcasm, the lowest form of wit, not good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology