Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2017, 07:14 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,055,061 times

Advertisements

This thread has become a museum-quality circle jerk of negativity. No wonder...people see what they look for.

later...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 07:19 AM

1,257 posts, read 888,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, unfortunately they don't know how to socialize, now before anyone in this forum takes offense and actually thinks I'm talking about them, let me just say, I don't know anyone in this forum, and this doesn't include everyone, there are some people who are down right lovely nice people....

but....

yes, very loud, and nasty...and they do flaunt it. I bought this up before, and you should have seen the ones coming into my thread and calling me an ol angry fuddy....or something to that effect.
They really don't care what they say, there is no filter...and they through name calling around like its a trend...

no kindness at all, no smiles, no Good morning, if you look at them and smile, they look at you like your an axe murdered.....

I'm so glad others notice besides me and my girlfriend. And their driving skills are terrible....they are all over the road, b/c they're texting....and if you say something to them, OMG :shocked

One woman, in front of me, was texting and all over the road, so I honked at her at the light...she said what? I looked down like I was texting, do you know she turned LOL, completely around in her seat, no seat belt...and gave me both fingers....while mouthing, F-YOU!

Yeah, your right

Oh, yeah! You can't tell them anything. They didn't respect anyone growing up, so they are overgrown toddlers (with guns) in adult bodies.

"Who you think you are? Who made you da po-lice? Ain nobody gon tell me what ta do! Mind yo bidness, blankety blank blank!!!!!!!"

Old 10-12-2017, 08:21 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
This thread has become a museum-quality circle jerk of negativity. No wonder...people see what they look for.

later...
With a giant dose of "what's wrong with the kids today?".

Old 10-12-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Plenty.
And if the shoe fits....

Old 10-12-2017, 08:28 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,055,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Get off my lawn, punk!

Old 10-12-2017, 08:32 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
I don't notice very many angry people at all. Most of the people I see are happy, well except for the patients. They are not so much angry. They just want to get better.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I don't notice very many angry people at all. Most of the people I see are happy, well except for the patients. They are not so much angry. They just want to get better.
I'm relieved to hear that not everyone is experiencing these things, it does seem to be regional anger...as I said, it's not like this at all back home where we're from. We moved down here in 2011 (when I first noticed it...coincidence?) We live in South Mississippi, very close to New Orleans where there is a LOT of racial tension and angry, angry people. Lots of violence. We have a lot of New Orleanean transplants who live here since Katrina and they brought their culture with them.

We're such low key people, raised to be thoughtful and mannerly, quiet, friendly, law abiding, love thy neighbor. And we're small town people - I grew up in a town of 5,000, and when we moved here it was from a tiny town with 300 people. I think I realize now that what we are experiencing for the last 6-1/2 years is CULTURE SHOCK. And boy, what a shock. I'd love to move. Maybe one day.

This thread is full of different perspectives from around the US, many seeing the same issues. There are many causes for it.

Last edited by SouthernProper; 10-12-2017 at 08:52 AM..

Old 10-12-2017, 08:47 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I do see a lot of happy, and I'm certain the OP does as well, however, when you deal with the public every day, you tend to get to interact with a lot of people...more so than normally so....and when people do rude things, it does stick....as the OP gave many examples, she was on target....

I saw my mom angry, but she was not an angry person, however, life chipped slowly away at her independence, until she could no longer do anything for herself, and she became contrary....when normally she was a very sweet, kind, loving and loyal person. So I know what you mean about patients....

Old 10-12-2017, 08:59 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Get off my lawn, punk!
I have no pattern recognition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v08Fn60038

Old 10-12-2017, 09:12 AM

88 posts, read 61,303 times
I am guessing low testosterone and high estrogen levels in the general population because of plastics, deodorants, birth control pills etc. High amounts of estrogen usually causes mood swings and anger in general.

Also most people nowadays grow up in single mother households and many men specifically probably have some issues with their masculinity because of it, causing them to act that out as anger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology