Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 07:11 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times

Advertisements

Why are people so angry?

-Less Job Security
-More Hours Worked
-Not Earning As Much When Adjusted For Inflation
-Overcrowding, Greater Population Density/More Traffic
-Shorter Attention Span Due to Information/Technology Overload
-Perhaps A Less Robust Family/Friend Network To Turn To
-Dysfunctional Government And Poor Leadership Overall

Last edited by GraniteStater; 11-21-2017 at 11:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 03:44 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,034 times
because life, society, reality, nature, intended it to be unfair and an injustice, i'm sure many people get upset often on the way certain things are

Old 02-03-2018, 11:46 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
I'm not out in the maddening crowds anymore, thank goodness, but I hear enough about the road rage and more rage people live in. I "feel" a lot of anger in these groups and will be posting an interesting link on cancer and anger in the Alt Med area soon.

Too too bad here in this so affluent country called America.

I think the tech explosion has NOT helped all the anger.

As for our govt, no one is ever happy with who is in charge.

And how about the growing population of the world and people living longer and longer. Some live longer and are not happy in their living.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 02-03-2018 at 11:54 AM..

Old 02-04-2018, 10:30 AM

On this subject I just had an angry comment from a member on a comment I made, very innocent, and the person ranted...maybe it's a lot of meds people are taking more TODAY than ever. Another theory from one who's been around life a long time.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:30 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Love the irony of people returning compulsively to this thread to describe more angry situations, and generally grouse and lament about life.
When you focus on the negative, you breathe life into the negative...

Absolutely. And some people consider any disagreement an attack and love to complain about how they are always being attacked.

I think if someone is really being attacked that frequently (and not just being disagreed with), there must be something about the way he/she is posting.

Old 02-04-2018, 12:05 PM

And maybe so many can just live and let live and walk away from issues. If I commented on everyone's issues, I'd be wasting breath and energy. So much I can't control and have learned to "let go"... many can't do that. And I believe it's true so many meds mess with the brain chemistry. I can see it in a couple friends from time to time.

TFW on your comments, I get a few attacks around this groups, but VERY few. Thank goodness mostly thanks or nothing, or I'd have been long gone. In my friends, no attacks and if one gets a bit testy, we comment or let it go.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 02-04-2018 at 12:35 PM..

Old 02-05-2018, 04:40 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
I'm angry because of the direction this country was headed politically, and I believe a whole lot of other people felt the same way. They're disgusted....frustrated and tired of it.

Also, people are angry b/c they follow rules and laws, yet, so many other people dismiss them for convenience. Like tail gating, driving way to fast for weather conditions...You always have that one person, who drives up on your butt, thinks he owns the road, and thinks your going to go faster b/c he is riding your butt.

I'm also frustrated, b/c of parenting methods today...some kids, not all, but a lot of kids, don't have the mental maturity they need to have for life...they haven't evolved like we did when we were young.

It seems parents do everything for their kids, give them everything, and our kids of today, are not mentally mature.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:40 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,050,928 times
Anger begets anger. Angry people just seem to like to be angry, but they call it "smart" so they can marinate in their self-righteous anger 24/7.

Hence, it perpetuates.

Old 02-05-2018, 10:26 AM

I'm not in love with everything in our country BUT have been thru a long life of so much and being born after the great depression. If people are so unhappy, why not move to another country and see how that goes. All in all, things are good and we always pull out ... so far anyway and I'm 79.

A person in our bridge group was forever badmouthing our state and talking about how great another state is, and to shut her up, I said "why don't you move to that state"...she got kinda quiet after that. She was so hot with anger. And she had a lot. And she had no problem taking her benefits from uncle sam.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 02-05-2018 at 10:44 AM..

Old 02-05-2018, 10:58 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I'm not in love with everything in our country BUT have been thru a long life of so much and being born after the great depression. If people are so unhappy, why not move to another country and see how that goes. All in all, things are good and we always pull out ... so far anyway and I'm 79.

A person in our bridge group was forever badmouthing our state and talking about how great another state is, and to shut her up, I said "why don't you move to that state"...she got kinda quiet after that. She was so hot with anger. And she had a lot. And she had no problem taking her benefits from uncle sam.
well, Uncle Sam wasn't giving her social security...she worked for it, didn't she? Maybe that's not what your referring to.

I remember how it used to be, and some changes especially technology have been awesome....cars, transportation, entertainment.

It's just people who have lost intellect, after all the subject of this thread is, why are people so angry, so, we've been giving our points of view, doesn't mean, we're all so angry that we dislike this country or state....

my mom, came out of the depression....she was such a giving woman...and they were very well to do, my dad did great in the stock market, but you would have never known, and they did so much for the community. My dad sometimes worked 7 days a week...he was a boss....in charge of his department.

This doesn't go for big cities, but I grew up in a small town, and people were good to each other, they didn't steal, we left our front doors open, we didn't have to lock our cars...it was just different, people were more honorable....and kids were responsible....mature.

I love my grand daughter dearly, but there is no way I'd leave her drive, she is too immature. Never had to work, but wants to go to college? I know they have a college fund for her, but still?

Doesn't say I'm right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology