Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 06:59 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,199,806 times

Advertisements

sounds like she did what you've wanted to do for years LOL!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2018, 07:05 PM

937 posts, read 743,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
sounds like she did what you've wanted to do for years LOL!!
You mean break wind in my ex's face? My god, I never thought about it like that but maybe she was speaking on behalf of both of us with her feline intuition. If so, wow!

Old 05-11-2018, 07:43 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,199,806 times
yep.. doing something you would never do....doesn't matter what it is, just the fact of doing it

It's laughable that cats know who doesn't like them and make a point of going to them LOL!!

Old 05-11-2018, 08:05 PM

937 posts, read 743,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
yep.. doing something you would never do....doesn't matter what it is, just the fact of doing it

It's laughable that cats know who doesn't like them and make a point of going to them LOL!!
Never in a million years would I have done it. But by God, I admire that cat's finesse in pulling it off.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:07 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Generally, people who hate cats hate them because they cannot control them.

People who hate cats, always love dogs. Because they need to MASTER their pet. They cannot deal with having an independent pet who will not comply to their every whim.

Old 05-12-2018, 11:31 AM

88,571 posts, read 84,777,093 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbycvPwr1Wg

Old 05-14-2018, 07:51 AM

298 posts, read 303,463 times
Default Cats or Dogs

Our little dog just passed away she was over 15 yrs. We miss her so much. I also have a cat. Now she is the only pet we have. Dogs are great if you need companionship both inside and outside the home. I love both cats and dogs. I have to say though that my dog was way needier than the cat. Especially as she got older. It was like having an elderly relative in the home in hospice. We made a ramp for her to get in and out of the dog door, we had to lay plastic tarps down as she had urinary incontinence, she had to be on a special diet, she needed a lot of baths due to the amount of diarrhea she had. It was a lot of work towards the last few yrs of her life. When they are young and vibrant and fun pets you tend to not think of all the work that may be needed once your pet reaches old age. They also need you home more because accidents happen more as far as potty issues-our carpet and wood floors got ruined from dog urine and feces. Not to mention the back grass had to be watered down constantly due to potty issues along with the patio. She had excellent vet care but it cost a small fortune for blood work, medication, etc. I am not saying cats are better and they can still have health issues but I find the cat costs me a lot less as far as vet visits and because I work I can leave her alone all day as she is not as needy. I enjoy having her greet me when I get home and I like to play with her and she sleeps with me at night. I will probably get another dog at some point way down the road, maybe. I just need to buy pet insurance next time and maybe wait until I am no longer working so I can be at home with them all the time. Dogs are pack animals and do best with someone home or with another dog. I just couldn't get another dog when I had my dog due to the cost of two of them such as vet costs and food etc. Also, now I can enjoy my grass and garden-with the dog because of it being the dog toilet I could not enjoy the grass .

Old 05-14-2018, 06:41 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,009,673 times
I really didn't think there was such a hatred.I myself am a cat person.To me,I think they're easier to handle then dogs but dogs are cute to.To each their own.Maybe those people are just ignorant and there is no logical reason behind their hatred.Maybe they just want something to hate.

Old 05-15-2018, 12:29 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Cats are awesome. They are outdoor pets and help keep the rodents away. I don't know why anyone would want one in the house though. Can't stand that ammonia smell.

Dogs on the other hand are like an old friend.
Cats don't smell like ammonia. Dirty litter boxes do.

Scooping is like flushing. Leave your toilet unflushed for a few days, and see how sweet it smells.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology