Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2017, 03:27 PM

1,257 posts, read 887,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
J has nothing to do with being "judgmental" - Js tend to be organized and like to follow schedules, Ps tend to be spontaneous and like to take things as they come.
Yes. I’m extremely organized, a list maker, scheduled, orderly. I can’t function with chaos, disarray, flakiness, people who are never on time / fly by the seat of their pants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 04:05 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernProper View Post
Yes. I’m extremely organized, a list maker, scheduled, orderly. I can’t function with chaos, disarray, flakiness, people who are never on time / fly by the seat of their pants.
I realize that "judging" isn't "judgy," but as I recall, some of the questions may imply a judgmentalism that some (today) may shy away from. Forming and holding strong opinions is part of it.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I realize that "judging" isn't "judgy," but as I recall, some of the questions may imply a judgmentalism that some (today) may shy away from. Forming and holding strong opinions is part of it.
I definitely form and hold strong opinions. ESTJ’s are very strong (formidable) personalities. Many of them became Presidents.

Look at this list of ESTJ women:

Martha Stewart
Hillary Clinton
Ivanka Trump
Megyn Kelly
Pat Summitt
Bette Davis
Margaret Thatcher
Condoleezza Rice
Theresa May
Ann Coulter
Michelle Obama
Michelle Malkin
Sonia Sotomayor
Nancy Grace
Judge Judy

Old 10-25-2017, 04:45 PM

6,334 posts, read 11,079,567 times
I took it on three separate occasions years apart. During my first year of College, then about 25 years later and then a few years after that. Each time I was primarily an ISTJ with a bit of INTJ and INTP. But mostly ISTJ personality traits. Most of my real friends are also introverts and we share similar interests. Don't get along with a lot of extroverts if they are too over bearing. Not all are of course but in some cases, that kind of personality type does try to invade my life and it creates challenges I would rather avoid.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
I took it on three separate occasions years apart. During my first year of College, then about 25 years later and then a few years after that. Each time I was primarily an ISTJ with a bit of INTJ and INTP. But mostly ISTJ personality traits. Most of my real friends are also introverts and we share similar interests. Don't get along with a lot of extroverts if they are too over bearing. Not all are of course but in some cases, that kind of personality type does try to invade my life and it creates challenges I would rather avoid.
I get that. I am often told that I’m intimidating ... it’s a very confident, no-nonsense presence, not someone to trifle with. I relate very well to many of the women on that list. I also have a very warm, childlike side, very nurturing. I would say I’m Judge Judy, Nancy Grace and Megyn Kelly rolled into one. I can see how an IN might feel bulldozed. It helps that I smile A LOT!!!!

Old 10-25-2017, 05:11 PM

23,513 posts, read 23,986,796 times
ESFJ - yes, it is.

Old 10-25-2017, 05:29 PM

30,894 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
INTJ.

It fits relatively well.
I also test INTJ, but was told I'm probably really INFJ. I don't relate perfectly to either, but can relate well to both.

Old 10-25-2017, 05:52 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,642,357 times
I tested INFP-T (Mediator). I wonder how that mixes with ADD.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:22 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,059,982 times
Quote:
I used to have my dinner menus planned six weeks in advance and posted, including how to use leftovers; plus a a master shopping list. I am never late to appointments. Contractors, such as the electrician who relocated the programming control to my irrigation system (because I couldn’t stand the way the first guy installed it with wires hanging out everywhere), routinely compliment me on the neatness of and lack of clutter in my house. Now THAT is approaching weirdness.

The guy next door, knowing how nice I try to keep my grass, puts orange cones on the road along my front yard so no one is tempted to park on my grass when he has barbecues. I’ve never said anything to him to cause him to do that, he is just considerate. My neighbors are good like that.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:26 PM

6,334 posts, read 11,079,567 times
Quote:
I get that. I am often told that I’m intimidating ... it’s a very confident, no-nonsense presence, not someone to trifle with. I relate very well to many of the women on that list. I also have a very warm, childlike side, very nurturing. I would say I’m Judge Judy, Nancy Grace and Megyn Kelly rolled into one. I can see how an IN might feel bulldozed. It helps that I smile A LOT!!!!
I'm not easily intimidated by anyone though some people, especially introverts, can be when they deal with people that have your personality type. Many extroverted people like to talk but don't listen. That is my biggest beef. I just prefer quiet people these days. To each his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology