Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 02:53 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanG_O View Post
Fifty five years of cooking . Enough is enough. I am so sick of cooking two or three meals a day with no help. Anyone else need a Long break?
You lasted longer than me, lol. I quit major cooking in my 50s. In my 60s now. We eat lots of salads and simple dishes for the most part, mainly because we try to eat healthier with no meat. But every now and thin I'll pull out one of those good old recipes, especially in winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 03:05 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If that's how he feels, my suggestion to make a big salad with a mix of greens & other veggies, plus chicken or salmon and cheese won't do any good. Don't you ever get a rotisserie chicken from the store? All you have to do then, is boil up some green beans or other veggie, and bake a potato. Done! Do you two ever go out to dinner?
I enjoy Walmart's deli. They make a tasty buttery garlic flavor rotisserie chicken.....

Old 10-25-2017, 03:05 PM

6,300 posts, read 4,195,051 times
No,but I only cook one meal a day and lunch and dinner on weekends .once my husband retires he know I am not doing weekday lunches.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:08 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,282,316 times
Quote:
Fifty five years of cooking . Enough is enough. I am so sick of cooking two or three meals a day with no help. Anyone else need a Long break?
I'm sick of working 40+ hours a week and get home and have a never ending honey do list
plus fixing the cars and taking the kids to parks.

I'll gladly trade with anybody if I get to stay home and just clean, shop and cook.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:09 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,579 times
YES OMG YES ,
and I am sorry too , I used to love to cook but 35 years of kids and husband .. I have all but shut down with one kid left at home .
I used to love to compete and win at all kinds of cooking competitions also . I surprise myself at how much I have changed .
As some of you know my apt building burned July 4th taking everything including my beloved mid century cook books and I have no want to replace them .

I also due to the family's smaller sz now go for pre cut/chopped veggies and fruit , way less waste- never thought I would say that -
and the butcher with a large interesting menu of interesting meat recipes ready to put in the oven .

Old 10-25-2017, 03:12 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,959,249 times
I am single and the extent of my cooking is usually a piece fish or a chicken breast. Breakfast is some instant oatmeal, dry toast and black coffee. I might munch some veggies and fruit or a salad for lunch. My brother has been staying with me for the past few months and I have been cooking more, and kind of enjoying it. I haven't been cooking for anywhere close to the amount of time that the OP has, so it's not really an issue.... yet. Lol

Old 10-25-2017, 03:31 PM

2,001 posts, read 2,512,778 times
wow, that's a lot of cooking. I like to cook but I don't always have the time. so I eat out, make sandwiches or salad.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:32 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,543,160 times
Quote:
RUTH4TRUTH we used to go out to eat before he had his major surgeries and catastrophic fall in the hospital. His leg gave out on him three nights ago at 4am he told me. He was somehow able to pull himself up into his chair. So to go out in public with him gives me terrible anxiety and depression. If he's in the kitchen he could fall on me. He refuses to use his walker or cane!
I did forget about the pre cooked chickens at the store. Will start buying those immediately!
Do your grocery stores have Delis where you can buy all different kinds of prepared foods? (pre made salads, main course meals, pasta/meatballs, sovlaki, mashed potatoes, chicken fried steak, etc) Just a few examples

Switch those up from chicken for a change.

Old 10-25-2017, 07:08 PM

320 posts, read 353,526 times
Quote:
So why don't you ask for help? Do you not see the power you have as a person and the 50% shareholder in a relationship? Speak up! Do something about it. No one knows you man better than you. If he's lazy, reach down and grab your "stones" and kick his arse into gear! Trust me you have the power to do so. You just have to be a little assertive and tell him this is how it's going to be or there's the door.

50/50 simple math....

Old 10-25-2017, 07:45 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,614,318 times
Of my last 3 g/f's none liked cooking but rather wanted fast food or eating out or take out, etc. Only 1 in 4 liked to cook & she was Asian. Hmm, & worse yet I dumped her for one that didn't like to homemake & cook. Am I dumb or what? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology