Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 04:44 PM

910 posts, read 1,081,380 times

Advertisements

Wow, there isn't allot of help here from a male perspective. I guess I will be the one to bite. Prior to getting married, and had ALLOT of girlfriends. I'm not the most attractive guy on this planet, but I am an excellent communicator. All I really had to do when I was single was just start talking to a woman, and it went from there. I never really "had" to try. Granted, I wasn't looking for long term relationships at that point, but I never had to lie, or deceive women to date them.

As a guy, the very first thing I looked at was how the woman was dressed. If she took pride in her appearance, I was already interested. I'm not saying that she had to wear expensive clothing.

The second thing I looked at, was how much she smiled. A warm smile conveys allot, it draws you in. So just dressing well, and having a great, warm smile, you are already in the door.

The third, would be her demeanor. Did she walk around looking angry all day?

I never really had a "type". I dated white women, black women, Hispanic, tall, skinny, short, normal, and overweight. I've dated flat chested women, and women with big racks. I was more concerned with how much fun I was having.

The best way to find out how people perceive you, is to ask someone who doesn't really care for you. Find that co-worker that you never got along with, and ask them. They won't hesitate to tell you the truth.

I don't care if a supermodel walked in the door, if she was dressed sloppily, acted sheepish, and had a bad demeanor, I wouldn't be interested at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2017, 05:40 PM

497 posts, read 484,144 times
Post a recent picture, blur your face if you desire anonymity. (Though that likely defeats the point...)

Though a picture alone doesn't tell the whole story. Without having any idea of who you are as a person, no one here is really going to able to make an accurate assessment of your attractiveness. Also, what is attractive to anyone of us, may not be attractive to another. So it's really all about perspective.

Old 12-07-2017, 10:54 PM

4,197 posts, read 4,449,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
So this is the problem.

Even with your big rack and the fact that you're married, you have terrible self-esteem. That does communicate in a variety of ways that repel instead of attract.

You need to resolve that, OP.

This ^^^ combined with likely not knowing how to portray yourself in best light physically coupled with this ^^^. Reminds me of a young girl in a church singles group I met years and years ago. Had a pleasant enough personality when you initially met her and yet there always seemed this other something going on that made the spider sense tingle saying **stay away - avoid**

The thing that sticks in my mind all these years later was when we went as group to celebrate her birthday and her family came along. The parents seemed old country and miserable and the brothers seemed like deadbeats and all I could think of after watching the interaction between them that there was some dysfunction / psychological problem beneath the surface. She was easy on the eyes and fit too.

An extra 40 pounds on 5'5 inch female frame if it is not displaced or held well will not be as flattering to men as you think unless they are of certain cultures that like certain features butt I won't go there.
You sound sort of like the type that got married because everyone else was and that it was the thing to do. I wouldn't worry about the men thing I'd focus on yourself and your mindset and outlook.

Do an assessment of things to be thankful for, things you'd like to accomplish and then start taking steps to do so it will help build your confidence and likely have positive effects all around. At the same time begin a personal fitness regimen in something that is reflective like Yoga / Pilates and start being responsible for your well being and happiness. I bet your husband will notice.

My two cents FWIW

Old 12-08-2017, 04:46 AM

189 posts, read 172,191 times
People keep bringing up the 40 lbs but it was only for a short time. I’m proportioned also.

Old 12-08-2017, 04:58 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,855,832 times
What do you do for fun? What do you do for a living? What hobbies and interests do you have? How often do you do kind things for people?

As far as I can see, you have only described yourself in terms of your looks.

Old 12-08-2017, 05:35 AM

6,294 posts, read 4,191,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian75 View Post
People keep bringing up the 40 lbs but it was only for a short time. I’m proportioned also.

why do you care what men think of you?

Old 12-08-2017, 06:23 AM

1,502 posts, read 2,666,905 times
I like OP's post. Blunt and to the point. Well put. No negative vibes from OP. Great question OP. I have no answers.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:03 AM

836 posts, read 1,119,079 times
There are men who overlook faults (not saying you have any) in beautiful women. They are so mesmerized by their beauty that she can do no wrong.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:32 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian75 View Post
I’m 5’5. 36 DD.

But my friend who is 100 lbs overweight (and bad teeth and hair) gets men left and right.

No I’m not weird, no I don’t have an annoying voice or bad breath.
Maybe you keep falling over.

I agree that we need pictures to give you a reasonable answer.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:33 AM

1,502 posts, read 2,666,905 times
Maybe OP doesn't want to know. I sure don't lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology