Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 04:28 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,061,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Single women are lonely cause they choose to be if they want a partner then go get one.

It's not a man's problem that they're alone.

Single men are lonely cause they choose to be if they want a partner then go get one.

It’s not a woman’s problem that they’re alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 04:40 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
I stick by what I said. You don't have to like me, and you can disagree with me. As a matter of fact, I could care less about either one.

A woman can easily get a man and if they're alone it's by their own accord. Don't get mad at me cause you were alone for a long time. Like sorry a man didn't want to be with you for a long time until now.

Was that mean? Of course it was. I meet disrespect with disrespect.

I have nothing against women but don't personally attack me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
LOL, I am not "mad at you because I was alone for a long time".

I am simply TELLING YOU that what you are trying to fool yourself into thinking is true, is not. I don't really get why you want to clutch onto that idea so tightly.

You do have a point in a sense. I was alone most recently of my own accord. I had no chances for dating back in high school due to physical unattractiveness and the overheight problem, and in my 20s I found that alkies weren't so picky. I even married one. After that mess, yes, I could probably have found myself another drunk but if that was to be my only choice, I would rather be alone.

It took until quite late in life to meet someone decent. For some, it never happens.

Get your ass to the local gin mill. There are alcoholic women, too, you know. Lots of them. You could easily get one for the price of a few drinks and a ride home. Stop your nonsense about not being able to find someone. There are plenty of female addicts who need somebody to take care of them. Go, get on that.
Exactly, MightyQueen - I know I can get laid any time I want! ...and so can 49ersfan if he changes his standards enough. I guess it's all in who's gonna "give" first.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:52 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Drunks, homeless, sex offenders, there's no reason anyone should not.be.getting.laid.if they choose.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:05 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,651,220 times
I think it's a combination of an entitlement attitude, and a blindspot, and some kind of mental insufficiency (not being able to comprehend that if you want a woman in your life, it would be congruent if you actually liked women).

Old 02-15-2018, 06:09 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
Single men are lonely cause they choose to be if they want a partner then go get one.

It’s not a woman’s problem that they’re alone.
That's also correct. Bottom line, if you want someone or someone then go get it.

It's not going to come to you.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:36 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Drunks, homeless, sex offenders, there's no reason anyone should not.be.getting.laid.if they choose.
You have to have a willing woman, which is a problem for some, even for those who aren't misogynists.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:41 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
You implied it when you said "my clones."
No, I did not. If I wanted to call you a woman hater, I would have said, "You're a woman hater." I didn't say that. Here's some advice: The dumb Internet trick where someone responds to a post by saying, "This is what you REALLY meant" is immature and tiresome. Life will be better for you if you drop that schtick. Nobody is fooled by it.

I explained to you what I meant by "clones". There's a subset of your type on City-Data who post this same statement over and over on City-Data. It shows no thought on your part, and when you (meaning the collective you) are corrected, you respond as if you were attacked.

Quote:
I knew what you meant by that. Like who do you think you are?
No, I get to decide what I meant. I say what I mean. Imagine that. I think I'm a person who knows that what you said is untrue and am pointing it out.

Quote:
Your attempt to "call me out" was nothing more than your attempt to embarrass and shame me cause you didn't like what I said.
No, and that's kind of weird that you think my goal is to embarrass and shame you. It was to tell you that you are wrong. You ARE. I don't understand why that eludes you so but you see all these other things that aren't really there.

Quote:
You also called me stupid which I don't appreciate cause I have never called you out of your name ever.
No. Read more carefully. I choose my words very carefully. I never said you were stupid. I said "It sounds as if you are choosing to cultivate some incredibly stupid thinking." Read into THAT my belief that you have the ability to change your thinking.

Quote:
If I seem a little aggressive and defensive, it's cause I get that way whenever some stranger decides to question my character when you have no idea how I really am.
I know how you are on this thread, and that is what I responded to.

Instead of being defensive, THINK. If you have a belief that an older, more experienced person points out is not true, the adult response would be, "Hmmm, can it be that this thing I believe is not true?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology