Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 02:01 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,892,301 times

Advertisements

I've never had an Emeril recipe turn out. YUK to all of them.

Meanwhile, I would have said "Hell no" and tossed her leftovers in the trash.

But now you said this:

Quote:
While I was cooking lunch, I had set aside a few plastic containers for her to take home some food if she wished. I always offer. I’m flattered when people take food home.
So I'm not sure what your complaint is and there's probably more to the story. IE: You ALWAYS do this. And everyone in your workplace knows it. Or you even ANNOUNCED it in advance when you invited them all. Given your proclivity to describe your food in gastronomic excess LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 02:05 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,958,474 times
Now all becomes clear...

Old 01-23-2018, 03:52 PM

6,350 posts, read 11,586,662 times
Probably she doesn't cook.

If you enjoy her company, here's an idea. Mention a new restaurant in town and see if she invites you. If she has class she will pay the bill. If not, that's a problem.

As for holiday turkeys: it's not uncommon for family members or friends to take leftovers because the host will get tired of turkey if there is much left over.

I skipped the middle of this thread, apologies if these comments have been made already.

Old 01-23-2018, 05:28 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,784,199 times
Really odd. I have had the host ask me to take some home and gave me wrap or dish (To wash and return later) but I have never gone to a dinner with the intent to take food home

Old 01-23-2018, 05:33 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by profnot View Post

Sorry for over-describing the food. I participate in cooking forums and this is just how we talk about food.
I guess we're lucky you don't post on sex forums too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post

So I'm not sure what your complaint is and there's probably more to the story. IE: You ALWAYS do this. And everyone in your workplace knows it. Or you even ANNOUNCED it in advance when you invited them all. Given your proclivity to describe your food in gastronomic excess LOL.
This is a really great point. ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by profnot View Post
While I was cooking lunch, I had set aside a few plastic containers for her to take home some food if she wished. I always offer. I’m flattered when people take food home.
Except for this one time.

Everyone here has made out this guest to be a rude and greedy psycho, when maybe she was being polite by bringing her own containers so as not to inconvenience her hostess whose food is SO magically delicious that she ALWAYS offers the leftovers.

Old 01-23-2018, 05:39 PM

130,230 posts, read 12,093,129 times
If someone asks for seconds, I only give a small amount, never as large as the original serving. I guess if you like her well enough to continue the friendship, then it doesn't matter. Or use it as an excuse to avoid her if so inclined.

I have taken tupperware to a restaurant, but only to a specific one, which serves a 5 course meal, set price, & the soup for the table comes in a huge tureen, so we can never finish it, & they only give take out containers for solid goods, & encourage you to bring your own containers for the soup. I figure if it goes back to the kitchen it gets thrown out, so why not take it home & have it for another meal.

Old 01-23-2018, 06:23 PM

229 posts, read 240,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckystrike1 View Post
What? I have never heard of such a thing! The food is already paid for whether its eaten or not.
I have seen the notice at buffets a lot.

Old 01-23-2018, 06:34 PM

229 posts, read 240,687 times
We had a guy show up at a potluck with a big bag and lots of containers. While everyone waited for him to pull out all these bowls of amazing food he just left it sitting on the floor.

He ate five full plates of food and then pulled his tubs out of the bag and loaded up all of the food from the potluck. Then tried to steal the hosts tomatoes.

Old 01-23-2018, 07:34 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,452,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonHB View Post
Interesting....however, she arrived with her own containers. That implies planning to pack them full of someone else's offering before they even offered it. Maybe a little sign on the front door; "please check all containers before entering."
Hilarious; however, you just know that the scrounges for whom such a sign is intended will assume that it means they should check to ensure they have enough containers.

Old 01-23-2018, 07:48 PM

388 posts, read 686,600 times
I have not heard of anyone doing this, but if you agreed to give her seconds, why does it matter where they go? In her stomach in front of you or in a container?

If she were to ask out straight out for seconds to take home, I would find that odd. But you had already agreed to give her more.

But the bringing of containers... That is weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology