Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 07:55 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,907,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, it takes 2 to tango. Someone has to want to talk to the woman, while she's out, or when she's participating in a club, or whatever.
Well if no one wants to talk to you, then you need to work on yourself, don't you think? Everyone can be fit, attractive, lovable, if they're willing to work on themselves.

I like being fit, attractive, lively, current. I wouldn't expect people to like me if I walked around like an old, unpainted signpost.

Last edited by KaraZetterberg153; 01-29-2018 at 08:21 AM..

Old 01-29-2018, 08:23 AM

1,299 posts, read 823,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
I
Many times women colleagues in orchestras who have never been married have asked me, how come you always have a boyfriend or husband?
Maybe what they are really asking is "How do you find a revolving door of men, but can't keep them?" Or "Why can't you ever just be by yourself, why do you jump from man to man?"

Old 01-29-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondaroo View Post
Maybe what they are really asking is "How do you find a revolving door of men, but can't keep them?" Or "Why can't you ever just be by yourself, why do you jump from man to man?"
Well, no. Doesn't apply. But thanks for the snark.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:45 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Well, no. Doesn't apply. But thanks for the snark.
Well you have insulted your colleagues with negative assumptions that they must mistreat men. Maybe they are simply more selective than you.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:48 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,391,187 times
I am in complete agreement with this statement concerning this topic. Total. A
Arrogance was taught to them as a child. It is rooted in their parents attitudes towards others, and themselves, I believe.
Egotism, mixed in with self-indulgence. Soon running along the same lines is the self-centeredness that leads a person, anyone, to believe in the infallibility of their own thought processes.
There are many reasons for anyone not to find another special person , regrets or fear from the past,
instability of emotions, faithlessness, shyness etc. Especially in this age of- internet dating- there are many, many people out there that are accessible to contact. Thousands. The old adage that there is "someone for everyone" is true.
It is ridiculous to think that one is out of college so they are all done with success, in their own personal life. This reply was so far divorced from reality as to be out of touch with reality itself.
Faith in one another's- judgement, stability, worth, compatibility- depth of character and so devotion, is key.
Meeting is easy, today. It is one another's interactions after meeting that signal whether or not
"this" is going to work. If Red Flags pop up after an assessment of each other's character pay attention.
Character flaws, if too far off center quickly become obvious. I cannot tell you how many because I do not keep track of the number of girls that, have let their own lives get so far off center that I will part company knowing, in what direction this will go. I do not want to deal with neurosis anymore.
Is this tragic? Some are destined to live their lives out by themselves. So, no, I do not think so.
Many are perfectly happy in this. Not me.
Now in this age- it is only our own shortcomings that keep us from being lonely. This much is obvious.

QUOTE=Scrat335;50850755]I have seen it in other women before. It's arrogance. Just where it comes from I don't know for sure but I think it runs along the lines of entitlement. Men do this too, it's a human condition it seems.[/quote]

Old 01-29-2018, 08:50 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,055,061 times
Quote:
Concerts, dinners, the grocery aisle, through friends. Lots of gym time, yoga, art shows, professional functions, school, riding a bicycle. You have to get out. I don't own a television.
I thought you were in front of a computer screen all day?

Old 01-29-2018, 08:52 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times
You make it sound so simple. By your standards, I would never be single.

But I have been for a while mainly because:
-I've been emotionally abused so now I'm jaded and cautious
-my standards are higher
-I like being single

Old 01-29-2018, 08:57 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,055,061 times
Self-deluded about my own intelligence

Old 01-29-2018, 09:14 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,337 times
Some people have relationships lined up one after another, even multiple at the same time. There're women who treat their men right but couldn't keep them still. People never find love for many reasons, not just based on like how you treat your men.

Old 01-29-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Well you have insulted your colleagues with negative assumptions that they must mistreat men. Maybe they are simply more selective than you.
No nono. I never *said* any of that stuff to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology