Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 06:06 PM

588 posts, read 463,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMKSarah View Post
Make you a little NERVOUS!

Dang girl....git up on your hind legs and RUN!

And yes he will shoot you given his rage, guns, and you putting up with it.

He telling you he does not know how to shoot them and you BELEIVE him!

He's got the guns, the ammo, the rage, what else you want woman. No one collects guns unless they enjoy firing them. Guns 101.

Lord Help Me with this woman that does not know a crazy assho when it is even in her face.

Why in the hell is he called wacko. He is wacko.

Get out. Now.
This

OK I am done.

Mikala

Got your point....still this is just not a good situation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2018, 06:08 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I have a temper and guns too.

No one is in any danger from the guns, they do tend to run from the verbal tongue lashings though.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-05-2018, 06:19 PM

388 posts, read 686,772 times
I think it is a little bit of both. I think you are likely just a soft person who has not developed great boundaries. Right now, you are stuck in victim mode. (Not judging, I am for there myself at times!)

Boundaries will help. When they get stronger, it is easier to weed people out. I would also look into learning warning signs about people - are they quick to know you? Want to immediately be your friend? Do you do things for them early on? Give too much in the beginning? That kind of thing. Also identify from the first time you meet someone to their first angry lashing out. Within a week? A month? A year? When you start identify these kinds of patterns you can say "no thanks". So if you meet a new friend and you start seeing the pattern, you say no and it changes the whole dynamic.

I would personally speak to a counselor. Best of luck to you. I feel for ya. I really do. One of my hardest lessons in life has been learning just because I am nice to people, they will not be nice to me. I have to teach my son this as well.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:52 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
Completely agree with this post. The thing that sticks out to me is that the OPs parents divorced 50 years ago and it's still being brought up. That should have been dealt with decades ago.
Wait....is was 50 years ago????? Wow. I missed that.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
What is her definition of angry? Grumpy face? Throwing things? Gets quiet? Physical abuse?

To her TONS of people are bullies, bully spouses, bully co-workers, bully friends...... That kind of gives you a context of how she views the world.
+1. That and "bullies have ruined everything for me"

Old 02-05-2018, 07:42 PM

3,143 posts, read 2,659,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whateverblahblah View Post
As someone who has dealt with bullies in workplaces, trust me, you are far from alone. I also dealt with bullies in high school.

I truly believe that mean kids just grow up to become mean adults. They don't really change. A lot of people in society are just ***holes.

Not too long ago, I assumed that when people got older, they tend to be nicer and shed their bullying ways from when they were kids. However, when I have gotten older, that's not the case. I see a lot of message board bullies on here who think they know it all. You're right, they grow up to become mean adults.

Old 02-06-2018, 09:26 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
You weren't born a target....You developed into a victim because of your homelife and then you were further endoctrinated in those abusive relationships. Those situations have made you into you...Choose to stop being a victim.

I've been there, done that and got the t-shirt. Time to change. It took a co-dependency support group, immediately after
individual counseling to set my life on track and to help me quit volunteering to be a victim.

And, to be honest....I went from fleeing my abusive husband with 5 children in tow to the co-dependency counselors asking to be able to give my number to other's because I had done a complete turn around in short order. I think I was just ready....But thank goodness for the help along the way of good counselors and support.

Do some research about co-dependency. There are tons of online websites, including support groups. Also, call your local domestic violence agency and ask about local in person support groups regarding co-dependency, and adult child support which related to your upbringing.

You'll be amazed and how much better your life can be and how much stronger you will be emotionally. And, you won't look back...in fact after you gain some emotional strength you'll wonder what in the world took you so long to leave.

Don't be afraid to look for the right counselors, and/or the right support groups. You want a group that helps you feel empowered and that you feel you can grow emotionally.

The work is a bit hard, you'll find things about yourself that you really are aware of, but that knowing your own issues and changing them will enable you to grow. I wish you much success.

Here are just a few links. Be proactive and find the right ones for yourself.

Patterns of Recovery - CoDA.org

Codependency

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/terry...b_4179666.html

5 Steps to Becoming a Recovering Codependent

Last edited by JanND; 02-06-2018 at 09:42 AM..

Old 02-06-2018, 09:49 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
WAIT.

WHAT?

The OP is 64 years old and this divorce happened 50 years ago?

And now is trying to be in a band?

I. can't. even.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:13 PM

204 posts, read 181,589 times
Good4Nothin ? Self deprecating humor

Really ? And You Wonder If You're A Target ?

Bullies look for low hanging fruit

Some mistake kindness for weakness

Treat people with respect, but treat yourself with respect also.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
WAIT.

WHAT?

The OP is 64 years old and this divorce happened 50 years ago?

And now is trying to be in a band?

I. can't. even.
Lol. Exactly what went thru my head too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology