Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 09:27 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,772,224 times

Advertisements

I, too, believe in reincarnation. I also don't want to hurt anybody who actually loves me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 08:39 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,344,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
Bravo to you, Nick, what a tough battle you fight and are obviously winning. Tougher than the battle that I had to fight. My hat's off to you.
Thank you !

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWTJ View Post
Something that can help many is CBD oil, which is legal in US as the THC is under 0.3% and often zero. For the biggest dose 3,000 mg per 1 oz bottle, cost is about $150 per oz for what they call this 30 day supply. Unfortunately, a stage 4 cancer may require 10 times this dose. Best wishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWTJ View Post
Best thing I know for preventing suicide is CBD oil (cannabidiol). For the strongest concentration 3,000 mg is about $150 and is considered a 30 day supply. It is legal in all 50 states according to sellers, but when I last checked Wikipedia it said illegal in SD. For fighting cancer dose may need to be 1 gram a day. In some states, cannabis oil including THC is legal. NORML.org has the laws for all states. Best wishes.
Thanks for the suggestion about the CBD oil. My wife and I had discussed it but right now I'm not having any psychological or physical issues with the chemo other than fatigue, sore bones, and losing all my hair.
I'm blessed to be living in Southern Calif. and the weather has been perfect so I can go out for a walk every day to get rid of cabin fever and to clear out my head. The hardest thing to deal with is to not have a purpose to get up in the morning.
I've been working since I was 16 doing a lot of different occupations and now I am in limbo not knowing if I can go back to work or not in the future.
It's hard to make any plans other then for each day as it comes.

o them.

Old 02-07-2018, 09:22 AM

7,646 posts, read 4,594,923 times
Quote:
In my case, what makes me want to live is because my therapist believes in reincarnation, so he told me that if I die from suicide, then my next reincarnation will be simply to continue and resume the same problem I have right now. So suicide would not solve my problem at all. Instead, it would result in the resumption of the same problem.
After pondering on it, I realized it makes sense because suicide would be too easy a solution. In other words, too good to be true.

Also having reincarnation as an afterlife makes much more sense than the Christian belief of an eternal Hell. How can a God so cruelly and sadistically torture people in an excruciating furnace for all eternity? And it gets even worse when Fundamentalists insist that any Non-Christian will suffer the same torture eternally. Even if the Non-Christian has been law-abiding and charitable for his entire life, he will still suffer the same agonizing fate, according to the Evangelicals.
So that's why reincarnation makes more sense to me. At least it helps me in preventing suicide.
If it helps, if you think of the largest religions...practices that have existed for thousands of years when even the greatest companies and countries crumple at a fraction of that....seem to share similar concepts.

We are to seek God. Whether to attain Enlightenment, Nirvana and Understanding of God's Will.

We are reborn through our spirit. Whether is as another person, an animal, in this world or another.

The dividing lines we draw up are what humans will naturally do. We can both be in our respective rooms and look at "The Earth" and I will see a fenced backyard with fruit trees and nice placed stone leading to a cement courtyard....yet even I cannot look at "The Earth" from the home I grew up and see the same thing. There the earth looks like lots of grass and big shady trees, an idle clothesline and a garden.

As God can do anything, there is no reason to think God cannot be what you need to find your way. Search, in whatever way works for you. Trust love over our you learned sense. Perhaps get a dog and care for the dog. It always amazes me how dogs can see their masters with such love. As if opening a can of dog food were something magical. That is how I believe God can help us. Go find God through whatever avenue makes sense, and be comforted.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:14 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,864,534 times
Quote:
In my case, what makes me want to live is because my therapist believes in reincarnation, so he told me that if I die from suicide, then my next reincarnation will be simply to continue and resume the same problem I have right now. So suicide would not solve my problem at all. Instead, it would result in the resumption of the same problem.
After pondering on it, I realized it makes sense because suicide would be too easy a solution. In other words, too good to be true.

Also having reincarnation as an afterlife makes much more sense than the Christian belief of an eternal Hell. How can a God so cruelly and sadistically torture people in an excruciating furnace for all eternity? And it gets even worse when Fundamentalists insist that any Non-Christian will suffer the same torture eternally. Even if the Non-Christian has been law-abiding and charitable for his entire life, he will still suffer the same agonizing fate, according to the Evangelicals.
So that's why reincarnation makes more sense to me. At least it helps me in preventing suicide.
Maybe you can tell GOD on judgement day how his plan does not make sense. Good luck with that. If you have some spare time read The New Testament without interference from so called teachers and see what God's plan is. Then you can go back and read the old Testament for a better understanding of the New Testament.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:33 AM

35,045 posts, read 16,987,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
Maybe you can tell GOD on judgement day how his plan does not make sense. Good luck with that. If you have some spare time read The New Testament without interference from so called teachers and see what God's plan is. Then you can go back and read the old Testament for a better understanding of the New Testament.
My religion doesn't recognize the New Testament except for scholarly purposes.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:49 AM

854 posts, read 520,314 times
Suicide is not an act of selfishness.

Old 02-07-2018, 11:05 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,344,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy-Cat-Lady View Post
Suicide is not an act of selfishness.
Then who are you thinking of when you decide to do it to yourself ?
It's not in a bad sense but when you make a determination like that, your internal pain is so immense that you can't think about anyone else's pain that you may cause by leaving at the wrong time when they may need you.
You just want the torment to stop.

Old 02-07-2018, 11:12 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,648,693 times
If you're interested, check out what Delores Cannon (YouTube) has to say on the subject - basically that you are given a mission in each life - if you opt out early, you not only have to complete the same mission, but have to make up for the faulty thinking that caused you to think opting out would be a solution.

"Wherever you go, there you are."

Suicide solves nothing.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:22 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:
In my case, what makes me want to live is because my therapist believes in reincarnation, so he told me that if I die from suicide, then my next reincarnation will be simply to continue and resume the same problem I have right now. So suicide would not solve my problem at all. Instead, it would result in the resumption of the same problem. After pondering on it, I realized it makes sense because suicide would be too easy a solution. In other words, too good to be true.

Neither makes sense to me. And I don't understand how anyone in the mental health profession would be allowed to go there without losing their license.

That being said, I think the fear, guilt and general stigma that surrounds suicide, born of the very spiritual/religious beliefs peddled by the very people you're highlighting, exacerbate the pain that leads to suicide. The pain is here and now, in this life. Seeking the comfort of an afterlife doesn't actually address it.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:34 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,775,975 times
Quote:
Maybe you can tell GOD on judgement day how his plan does not make sense. Good luck with that.
Yeah, because you're about as likely to be able have that conversation as you are to sit down and have a nice chat with the Easter Bunny.

Quote:
If you have some spare time read The New Testament without interference from so called teachers and see what God's plan is. Then you can go back and read the old Testament for a better understanding of the New Testament.
Or- skip the whole superstition-based afterlife nonsense and just live your life WITHOUT weighing yourself down with a stone-age belief system that has been systematically used for millenia to denigrate everybody outside the "tribe" and a "god" who thinks its ok to rape the girl-children of your defeated and murdered enemies.

There is no "plan" because there is no "god".

Be comforted - there is no eternal damnation, either. What a horrible horrible "god" that would be, to torture trillions upon trillions of beings instead of contributing to healing. Sounds like a demon to me. Devil worship. Still equally useless as there are no demons either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology