Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 12:15 PM

995 posts, read 509,266 times

Advertisements

Although I'm not a big fan of typology, I came across a You Tube video featuring a collections of memes which describes me perfectly (despite the apparent contradictions...lol.) I took an online Myers-Briggs test which classifies people into 16 different personality types. Sure enough, mine came up with INFJ - the rarest of all personality types.

Yup, I've always known I've been a rare egg, but it's sure nice to know the basis of me being different based on a tangible, verifiable measuring system.

Rather than explain what this is all about in a mind-numbing long essay, here's a link to a You Tube video containing a collection of memes relating to INFJ individuals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_clclp8-qJc

You'll need to pause to read some of these, but you'll get the idea of what being an INFJ is all about. There are a host of other videos doing the same sort of thing - it's uncanny how all these fit me so darned well. The comments too...lol.

All I can say is wow...people have no idea of what I'm really like inside, or how I spend my life in my head (is it really true that not many people live in their heads all the time? )

Like everything else, this INFJ thing has its pluses and minuses, but it's sure nice to know there are others like me.

This morning, I looked at the photo of the Tesla car on that rocket in front of the Earth, and thought "that's something I would do." I googled Elon Musk to see if he was an INFJ, and sure enough, he is - how cool is that?

Anybody else on here a rare egg like me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 12:53 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
I tend to treat Myers-Briggs as a bit better than a horoscope but with some similar elements - this is especially the case if your type is determined by you reading all 16 and picking the one that seems to be "you". If you actually answer all the items and score them to find your type, realize that it's easy to respond in terms of how you'd like to be or how you see yourself rather than how you objectively are. So your type ends up being the "ideal you", not the everyday you.

It can be fun and interesting to feel like this has "discovered the real you" - now, what practical purpose does it serve? How can you use it?

Old 02-07-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I tend to treat Myers-Briggs as a bit better than a horoscope but with some similar elements - this is especially the case if your type is determined by you reading all 16 and picking the one that seems to be "you". If you actually answer all the items and score them to find your type, realize that it's easy to respond in terms of how you'd like to be or how you see yourself rather than how you objectively are. So your type ends up being the "ideal you", not the everyday you.

It can be fun and interesting to feel like this has "discovered the real you" - now, what practical purpose does it serve? How can you use it?
Is is possible I "threw" the test to get myself into the INFJ category? Possible, but I didn't research the test and the 16 types beforehand and determine the scoring methodology - I answered the questions as honestly as I could answer them.

Does it matter? After 51 years of not knowing, it sure hope it doesn't...lol.

It's a "nice to know" sort of thing - a way to better understand thyself and to perhaps gain a better understanding how I relate to others. I'm still the same oddball I've always been - no question about that.

Before, I just considered myself psychic, since I'm so good at reading people and predicting the future - so this has a bit more of a grounded reality than calling myself a psychic (which I don't often do, since people tend to look at ya funny with that kind of talk. ) Now, I can just say that I'm INFJ, and that explains everything about me. (Yeah, right. )

Old 02-07-2018, 01:38 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
OP, I'm borderline INFJ and INTJ. I can get test results for either one, depending on the day.

That video's hard to read.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:48 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,903,574 times
IMHO, it's a parlor game and cannot be taken seriously, particularly if there are only a few dozen questions.

Old 02-07-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
IMHO, it's a parlor game and cannot be taken seriously, particularly if there are only a few dozen questions.
In that case, I'll go back to calling myself a psychic...lol.

Or I can just say that I'm very good at reading people (liars get nowhere with me), get totally TICKED OFF if someone betrays me and I live in my own head most of the time. Oh yeah, my friends are few, but very close. I'm an introvert who craves human contact (of the sincere kind, of course.) And I write far better than I can talk, not to mention I don't care for social norms that much - all of these (and more) are INFJ traits which fit my personality like a glove.

Calling myself an INFJ makes it easier in describing myself - parlor game or not. Oh yeah, I'm Scorpio, in case anyone's interested...lol.

Old 02-07-2018, 02:50 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
More than half of the M-B types are, individually, very rare, making up less than 6% of the population. Your type technically is the rarest but comparing it to 2s and 3s, if you put them all together, eh, it's pretty much down to just tweaking of differences, IMO.

Old 02-07-2018, 05:08 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
You should be able to calibrate a person on just 4 questions it would seem.

Old 02-07-2018, 05:25 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,126,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
Although I'm not a big fan of typology, I came across a You Tube video featuring a collections of memes which describes me perfectly (despite the apparent contradictions...lol.) I took an online Myers-Briggs test which classifies people into 16 different personality types. Sure enough, mine came up with INFJ - the rarest of all personality types.

Yup, I've always known I've been a rare egg, but it's sure nice to know the basis of me being different based on a tangible, verifiable measuring system.

Rather than explain what this is all about in a mind-numbing long essay, here's a link to a You Tube video containing a collection of memes relating to INFJ individuals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_clclp8-qJc

You'll need to pause to read some of these, but you'll get the idea of what being an INFJ is all about. There are a host of other videos doing the same sort of thing - it's uncanny how all these fit me so darned well. The comments too...lol.

All I can say is wow...people have no idea of what I'm really like inside, or how I spend my life in my head (is it really true that not many people live in their heads all the time? )

Like everything else, this INFJ thing has its pluses and minuses, but it's sure nice to know there are others like me.

This morning, I looked at the photo of the Tesla car on that rocket in front of the Earth, and thought "that's something I would do." I googled Elon Musk to see if he was an INFJ, and sure enough, he is - how cool is that?

Anybody else on here a rare egg like me?
Hi there, I took the Myers-Briggs test a few months back and scored the INFJ also. The video link was funny and so true. Made me laugh to read some of the things it said and reminded me of times going to meet friends and being accused of acting moody, because I wouldn't mention being sick, lol.

Read the article on the lift off yesterday and thought how cool that was. Elon seems like such a creative and forward thinking person, so glad to hear he's one of us.

Old 02-07-2018, 06:57 PM

163 posts, read 138,077 times
:Raises hand: I usually am borderline between INFJ and INTJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology