Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 06:13 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,813,006 times

Advertisements

This being bi stuff really really sucks. When you say you are bisexual, most people don't even believe you because they think that males can't be bi. Bi people aren't accepted the same way that gays are. I know I can just "pretend" to be straight but why should I? Why isn't there a strong community of bisexuals the way there is for gays? I have never been with a partner that fully accepted me. I just worry I may miss out on true love. People say I should just not tell the partners I am with that I am bi, but why should I have to be with someone who doesn't fully accept me? I already get crap because I am not attracted to my own race so the last thing I need is crap for being bi. I wish I knew what straight people feel like....what it feels like to bring someone you love home to your family and they actually accept them...what it is like to be accepted by most of society. I don't know what I am trying to say really....just needed to vent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2018, 07:48 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,907,143 times
I really don't know too much about this, but I'll take a crack at it. I suspect that being bisexual is just as normal as being gay, straight or trans. It's just another place on the human sexuality spectrum, and as long as you have integrity as a person, why should it make any difference.

Personally, I think most people operate in a much broader range than they might care to admit, but your sexuality is a private matter and since it's not wrong, evil or unacceptable, keep it private until you get to know someone. Lots of people would accept that; people who do sex changes frequently remain loved and accepted by their spouse and families.

My advice would be to continue working on yourself from the perspective of your personal and professional goals, develop a sweet character, and remain true to yourself. I think in many ways this opening up or broadening of human sexuality is a positive evolutionary step, and wholly a good thing.

Old 02-11-2018, 09:29 PM

10,895 posts, read 7,386,537 times
There are more than just 3 options; I think you could chart sexuality on a simple graph; a horizontal line with "likes men" at one end and "likes women" at the other. People would appear all along the line, with varying degrees of bixexuality. Lucky you, you're right in the middle at "likes both". A vertical line could be used to indicate sex drive and include people who are asexual.

Old 02-11-2018, 10:02 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,345,189 times
Unfortunately, as a bisexual, you put yourself in a statistical percentage that actually is a smaller number than straight people as far as finding other bisexual people that may be attracted to you.
Obviously it's all a numbers game now as you search to find like minded people as you.
Luckily we live in the internet age which allows you to locate the right niche that you want.
Seek and you shall find.
Google is your friend !

Old 02-12-2018, 12:53 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,822,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCastro View Post
This being bi stuff really really sucks. When you say you are bisexual, most people don't even believe you because they think that males can't be bi. Bi people aren't accepted the same way that gays are. I know I can just "pretend" to be straight but why should I? Why isn't there a strong community of bisexuals the way there is for gays? I have never been with a partner that fully accepted me. I just worry I may miss out on true love. People say I should just not tell the partners I am with that I am bi, but why should I have to be with someone who doesn't fully accept me? I already get crap because I am not attracted to my own race so the last thing I need is crap for being bi. I wish I knew what straight people feel like....what it feels like to bring someone you love home to your family and they actually accept them...what it is like to be accepted by most of society. I don't know what I am trying to say really....just needed to vent.
It's hard, it is, and with all the infighting with LGBT makes it harder than it should be. I ended up.with many friends who are lgbt and I happen to be pansexual, so I'm well aware of how both of us don't exist. I have some of the same concerns and in this day and age, you'd think it'd be better, right? Missing out on true love...think about that...if they don't accept you for you, are they really your true love? Your true love will at least accept that part of you. Also don't not tell anybody you wanna be with, sure it's a double-edged sword(or can be), but you don't wanna be that guy labeled in the closet or "down low," which is probably worse a title. Knew how straight people feel...bring home the opposite sex. We aren't straight and I don't understand in that manner of speaking how a straight person should feel, but I suspect the same way we should. Or Vice versa. Straight people just get what we want automatically as they are social normative. I'll tell you what really sucks; being a polyamorous pansexual and seemingly destined to be alone.

Old 02-12-2018, 01:10 AM

61,705 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Asked and answered here: (124 posts!)

Should I tell the women I date that I am bisexual?

Old 02-12-2018, 02:13 AM

10,895 posts, read 7,386,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
Unfortunately, as a bisexual, you put yourself in a statistical percentage that actually is a smaller number than straight people as far as finding other bisexual people that may be attracted to you.
Obviously it's all a numbers game now as you search to find like minded people as you.
Luckily we live in the internet age which allows you to locate the right niche that you want.
Seek and you shall find.
Google is your friend !
Actually, a bisexual male might date gay men and straight women as well of bisexuals of any gender.
That sounds like a larger dating pool than most people get.

Old 02-12-2018, 02:39 AM

89 posts, read 66,692 times
I'm also bisexual but I guess it doesn't matter because I'm a loner and never been in a romantic relationship and only had intimate interactions 3 times in my 29.5 year life.

I'll give my two cents worth(or rather 1 cent worth) of input. I think that people get turned off by bisexuals because they maybe concerned that the bisexual person would not be entirely satisfied dating them because they are attracted to both and may seek polygamous lifestyle to satisfy their bisexuality.

I'm sure if they are assured you do not have any STDs and are a loyal monogamous person(if that's how they roll too) then your chances in finding a romantic partner that fully accepts you would be higher.

Again what the hell do I know about romantic relationships I never had one.. and most likely NEVER will lol!

Old 02-12-2018, 02:54 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCastro View Post

I am reading that there are two separate problems you are dealing with. The first is your feelings of being bi, and the second, trying to establish meaningful relationships. I think the first problem is causing the second problem, because it appears that you feel the need to tell your female partners that you also like men. (I am assuming you are a man when I make that statement).

I would bet that there are a whole lot of married men who have secret desires to be with men also, but they keep it to themselves and never share that information with anyone, especially their female mate. The fact is , not many women would accept having a relationship with a man who likes other men.

I think your problem is that you somehow wear that bi thing as a badge and feel that it should be known by others and accepted by your mate. At least that is what I am getting from your post.

Old 02-12-2018, 02:58 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transgirl88 View Post
I'm also bisexual but I guess it doesn't matter because I'm a loner and never been in a romantic relationship and only had intimate interactions 3 times in my 29.5 year life.

I'll give my two cents worth(or rather 1 cent worth) of input. I think that people get turned off by bisexuals because they maybe concerned that the bisexual person would not be entirely satisfied dating them because they are attracted to both and may seek polygamous lifestyle to satisfy their bisexuality.

I'm sure if they are assured you do not have any STDs and are a loyal monogamous person(if that's how they roll too) then your chances in finding a romantic partner that fully accepts you would be higher.

Again what the hell do I know about romantic relationships I never had one.. and most likely NEVER will lol!

I think you have hit a very important point. In my younger years, I dated two women who claimed to be bi, and I never felt I had an exclusive with them. Some guys might think this is the best thing in the world, to have a woman who might bring another woman home to share, but it wasn't all that comforting to me. Most people want to know that their mate is theirs and theirs alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology