Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 11:42 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyCares View Post
I'm working each day on becoming a better person. Their son is in another state. Chances are I won't see them anytime soon. I've been participating on an anti-bullying campaign for 2 years now.

One day I look forward to settling down and becoming a mother.
Good for you. The fact that you've changed is a very important move and you should be proud of yourself.
Eventually you'll have an opportunity to apologize in person, til then be at peace.

Old 03-05-2018, 01:03 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyCares View Post
I would like to say I'm ashamed of my past and it'll always follow me. Though at time point, would the slate ever be wiped clean?

My parents and I moved away long ago (in addition, I've been living on my own since my 2014 HS graduation) and the only reason we stopped by once in a while is because a couple other relatives live a couple doors from them. They are all friends.

Last week my parents and I stopped by for a visit. The couple hardly spoke to me other than a simple hi. I could tell by their expressions they weren't expecting to see me. They still won't let go of how rotten I was during my childhood years. I didn't want to cause more inconveniene so I left.

I won't go into too much details but yes as a kid (8-12 years old), I bullied their son with my friends who right now is my same age (mostly emotional but last time it was physical and he had a bruise on his cheeks). I wasn't nice to their pets either. One night their two guinea pigs disappeared. Unfortunately, yes I did something bad to them and wasn't caught.

I regret it all and have changed but they won't see me like this. I was thinking this recent visit after all these years would make them reconsider their opinions?
If you kidnapped and killed a couple of their pets, you are one sick puppy. You should seek immediate help.

It's too bad nobody kicked your ass into next week for that act. It's sick sick sick.

Old 03-05-2018, 01:25 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
OP, if you're still around, I've been trying to reach some sort of acceptance to the idea that you have changed, and regret your previous actions. And I can accept that. But I'm still with the majority here, what you did will neither be forgotten nor forgiven. Move on, be a better person and find a charitable cause that will affirm your humanity. It won't come from these people.

Old 03-05-2018, 01:52 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,554,821 times
It sounds like the OP's parents and the parents of the victim never found out that she killed and injured the neighbors pets. That’s why they even gave a weak greeting. They wouldn’t have let the OP in their house. I didn’t up on this at first.

I think it’s common for people who to varying degrees teased/bullied/picked on someone to ask for forgiveness or to make amends. I know a lot of the PP think it’s simply to make the bully feel better, and I understand that sentiment.

Killing animals is to the point where there’s more going on, and a simple letter or Facebook message isn’t going to cut. I would advise to not contact that family and to get professional help.

Old 03-05-2018, 02:50 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
what is a "sort-of girlfriend"? One of those people who doesn't know you are crushing/stalking from a distance? And I assume that your parents weren't even born in 1972.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology