Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2018, 03:26 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,710,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left-handed View Post
And why do you think that is? I have my own thoughts on that.
I should have added some are so secretive that I'd say 3/4 of the people I exchange comments with I don't know if I'm talking to a guy or gal. This is rare to me as I've been on many other boards, and we knew which gender person we were talking to.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:46 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,307,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llcnyc View Post
ugh. Again, 10 people have already explained this to you!!!!

It's not an insult, offensive or demeaning to post "+1" - it's agreeing with the post without going on & on like some people do, repeating themselves with the same stories over & over.

You've been told this many times.
+1

Old 08-10-2018, 06:40 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,122,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I don't know but also have my thoughts about some of them. There are many who are very closed and many are open. Talk about their families, and friends and many not a peep. Even people's profiles are a reflection of them.
There are a lot of posters who put nothing in their bio or it says only avaliable to friends. Why is that? When I admire what someone says, it’s natural to want to know a little about them. You don’t have to give out personal info, but what’s wrong with general information? Makes me wonder why they are so secretive and what they are hiding. This is a public forum and some of these topics have way too much personal information!

Old 08-10-2018, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
There are a lot of posters who put nothing in their bio or it says only avaliable to friends. Why is that? When I admire what someone says, it’s natural to want to know a little about them. You don’t have to give out personal info, but what’s wrong with general information? Makes me wonder why they are so secretive and what they are hiding. This is a public forum and some of these topics have way too much personal information!
I feel the same way, I often to look to see who I am talking to and leave the profile still not knowing...could be talking to a horse. Why not at least male or female. Something about knowing the gender you are exchanging info with. Yes, secretive.

BTW: You are one cutie.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
I feel the same way, I often to look to see who I am talking to and leave the profile still not knowing...could be talking to a horse. Why not at least male or female. Something about knowing the gender you are exchanging info with. Yes, secretive.

Lol, well I talk to my horses all the time and who knows, one day they might answer. I give my gelding Esteban credit for human intelligence anyway. But you’re right, there is no need to be secretive, it’s kind of creepy when you think about it.

Jam, it’s knowing people like you that make coming to CD worthwhile!

Old 08-10-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Lol, well I talk to my horses all the time and who knows, one day they might answer. I give my gelding Esteban credit for human intelligence anyway. But you’re right, there is no need to be secretive, it’s kind of creepy when you think about it.

Jam, it’s knowing people like you that make coming to CD worthwhile!
Well, my dear, thank you and I'm glad we've connected as we have. I appreciate you. I'v made some nice friends, but one had to back off as she was getting too upset with some of the harsh words from some.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Well, my dear, thank you and I'm glad we've connected as we have. I appreciate you. I'v made some nice friends, but one had to back off as she was getting too upset with some of the harsh words from some.
Yes, CD can be a good way to meet like minded people and I appreciate you too. But, I can imagine the abuse your friend has gotten from some.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:09 PM

16,062 posts, read 21,106,008 times
Quote:

(generalized YOU, not YOU specifically) Would knowing my gender or marital status change your POV of my posts? I don't want people to judge me based on things like that, I want them to judge me on what I have to say. It's also why my user name is neutral.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
(generalized YOU, not YOU specifically) Would knowing my gender or marital status change your POV of my posts? I don't want people to judge me based on things like that, I want them to judge me on what I have to say. It's also why my user name is neutral.
I work a lot in the health area and gender can make a big difference in a lot of healing support. And even age too, talking to some say 80, like me, vs talking to a youngster in their 20's makes a huge difference.

And I've gotten to know some folks pretty well and it's nice to know if we are talking to man or woman.

We don't agree and that's your choice. Many do not care to get too involved with some of the people they connect with. My guess is that you area a male as I looked at your profile and that's my come away from reading the little there. Maybe I'm wrong.

Old 08-11-2018, 05:04 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,239,550 times
Quote:
I should have added some are so secretive that I'd say 3/4 of the people I exchange comments with I don't know if I'm talking to a guy or gal. This is rare to me as I've been on many other boards, and we knew which gender person we were talking to.
Oh for Gods sake...so anyone that didn't feel like filling out a bunch of useless info it's because they're secretive?????? C'mon. Most people don't even fill them out.

This is a forum not a dating site. No one here cares if I'm a woman or not. Most people never even click on the profiles here. If you want to find info on someone, just search the Internet. Almost everyone here can be found.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology