Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 03:39 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Even non-autistic members here get falsely accused and/or in trouble for so called trolling.

If you stay highly active on here long enough, you are bound to tick some mod or member (or both) off. Just realize it's normal, and some sort of sanction/restriction inevitable. Well, unless you are one of those rare birds who get along with, and agrees with, everyone.

How much does your autism leak through in your responses, OP? I know virtually nothing about the diagnosis, so please enlighten/educate me.

I get 2 to 3 posts deleted a week. lol Maybe I'll learn someday.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:40 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,571,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFX View Post
Nobody does
? Sigh. If you were referring to me, I was responding to the other post in my message. The OP told us his diagnosis, autism. IOW why should the OP have to come up with another word for their diagnosis when autism is their diagnosis? The OP's other issues are listed in their profile.

Old 03-23-2018, 04:08 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,571,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
For what it's worth, you identified two separate, unrelated problems: your obnoxious attitude and communication problems.

Whatever communication issues you have does not automatically translate into having an obnoxious attitude or behavior. You are choosing your attitude and your behavior. Autism doesn't make one obnoxious. You can't use autism as an excuse.
Not so. Aggression (obnoxiousness) is part of autistic spectrum disorder as are communication difficulties. Therefore they are related.

"Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder characterized by persistent difficulties in social communication and social interaction, coupled with restricted, repetitive patterns of behavior or interest. Research indicates that aggression rates may be higher in individuals with ASD compared to those with other developmental disabilities."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4922773/

https://theneurotypical.com/rage-cycle-in-hfa.html
-----------------------------------

Old 03-23-2018, 07:54 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post

Help, I am developing a fear of joining and posting in forums

Be advised that I have more than 60 years worth of experience working with autistics and I know all the tricks and quirks, and this is a test of your sincerity.

I've read a good number of your posts since you joined CD forum and it's true you demonstrate very poor social skills and seem to possess a very poor understanding of what are acceptable and desirable social skills in other people. You don't seem to be cognizant of certain social cues and you get side-tracked too easily. These problems are all to be expected from somebody with autism, and they are things that you are expected to learn about and overcome as you age and mature. You also do a lot of inappropriate social and political complaining, criticizing and condescending name calling and that is never going to win you any friends - it just puts you in the same room with hundreds of other obsessive whiners and snivelers with nothing constructive or uplifting to talk about.

If you want to join an online community to make friends and feel comfortable, positive and self-possessed about posting online then I think you need to stop posting in the wrong kinds of forums about the wrong subjects of discussion for you.

Society and yourself and people or political problems is NOT a good subject for you to be trying to discuss on forums. You have no expertise in social interactions. Stop posting about your personal self, and about societal things that make you vexed, confused and condescending and that end up bringing out the inappropriate cursing and obnoxious streaks in yourself and everybody else (who end up attacking you because you vexed them).

Instead, you should try posting about non-personal, non-societal, non-stressful things that make you and other people feel interested, stimulated, amused, positive, uplifted and welcomed. In doing so you will develop better social skills. It will take time but with patience, continued politeness and a desire to learn from others as well as have others learn from you, in time you will have grown into a more enriched popular adult who is not so socially backward.

So tell me, what do you excel at? What non-societal, non-political, non-stressful things are in your area of expertise that you would feel confident to give me expert and positive advice about? Are you willing to give people online good advice about things that are not about personal issues? Name your areas of greatest interest, aptitude and expertise for me and I will suggest some kinds of online communities you may have more favourable reception and welcome into those communities.

Remember, this is a test of your sincerity.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:23 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,720,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Be advised that I have more than 60 years worth of experience working with autistics and I know all the tricks and quirks, and this is a test of your sincerity.

I've read a good number of your posts since you joined CD forum and it's true you demonstrate very poor social skills and seem to possess a very poor understanding of what are acceptable and desirable social skills in other people. You don't seem to be cognizant of certain social cues and you get side-tracked too easily. These problems are all to be expected from somebody with autism, and they are things that you are expected to learn about and overcome as you age and mature. You also do a lot of inappropriate social and political complaining, criticizing and condescending name calling and that is never going to win you any friends - it just puts you in the same room with hundreds of other obsessive whiners and snivelers with nothing constructive or uplifting to talk about.

If you want to join an online community to make friends and feel comfortable, positive and self-possessed about posting online then I think you need to stop posting in the wrong kinds of forums about the wrong subjects of discussion for you.

Society and yourself and people or political problems is NOT a good subject for you to be trying to discuss on forums. You have no expertise in social interactions. Stop posting about your personal self, and about societal things that make you vexed, confused and condescending and that end up bringing out the inappropriate cursing and obnoxious streaks in yourself and everybody else (who end up attacking you because you vexed them).

Instead, you should try posting about non-personal, non-societal, non-stressful things that make you and other people feel interested, stimulated, amused, positive, uplifted and welcomed. In doing so you will develop better social skills. It will take time but with patience, continued politeness and a desire to learn from others as well as have others learn from you, in time you will have grown into a more enriched popular adult who is not so socially backward.

So tell me, what do you excel at? What non-societal, non-political, non-stressful things are in your area of expertise that you would feel confident to give me expert and positive advice about? Are you willing to give people online good advice about things that are not about personal issues? Name your areas of greatest interest, aptitude and expertise for me and I will suggest some kinds of online communities you may have more favourable reception and welcome into those communities.

Remember, this is a test of your sincerity.

Very comprehensive post I must say, but I have to disagree in some areas, after my shower since my phone is about to die I will explain my take on your post.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:49 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Very comprehensive post I must say, but I have to disagree in some areas, after my shower since my phone is about to die I will explain my take on your post.

No offense intended but I don't want to know about what you disagree about or why you disagree. I don't want to know about "your take" on my post. That wasn't the point of my post and I'm not up for it nor have time nor interest for a debate about it. I really only want to know about what you feel your greatest areas of aptitude and expertise are that you would be qualified to give people expert advice about. I think these are things you need to give some careful, honest, sincere thought and self-evaluation to before you answer. Okay?

Old 03-23-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
No offense intended but I don't want to know about what you disagree about or why you disagree. I don't want to know about "your take" on my post. That wasn't the point of my post and I'm not up for it nor have time nor interest for a debate about it. I really only want to know about what you feel your greatest areas of aptitude and expertise are that you would be qualified to give people expert advice about. I think these are things you need to give some careful, honest, sincere thought and self-evaluation to before you answer. Okay?

Fine then the answer to the question then is nothing yet because I am still working on knowing myself.

As for why I disagree with some areas, because I feel a lot of people like to induce criticism only so for the sake of wanting to score power points over me(What I mean by this is that basically that people want to correct solely on the basis of just wanting to do it for the sake of just wanting to decapitate my social will, the only people who criticise me on the basis of actually wanting to help me are my close friends and some of my teachers)

And I am also kind of tired of being told a lot of my opinions regarding social and political issues are inappropriate or not socially acceptable. So I mean am I worse than a racist?

I say I am wanting to comprehend politics for a lot of certain reasons and that probably could become my most powerful area of expertise and specialty yet.

So there you go.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:30 PM

Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

Actually City Data I gotta admit is one of the more calmer messageboards for me.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-26-2018 at 12:47 PM..

Old 03-24-2018, 05:06 AM

11 posts, read 4,160 times
If you're having trouble getting into a relationship or have a cognitive impairment, you should not rely on a bunch of a strangers for advice and support. Instead, you should see a therapist or a coach. Message boards are places for debate or providing advice to people in a relationship or close to a relationship. If you are struggling with anxiety or autism, you should see a counselor who has the time and expertise to help you. At best, the people here can point you in the right direction or provide some advice regarding a specific situation like what to do on the first date. However, you should see a professional to assist you to help you with your social skills and confidence.

Getting arguments with strangers in the Internet will only create more trauma. A lot of people are shy and stifled due to the trauma of being punished for expressing themselves. How can you flirt with a woman if you're afraid that she is going to cuss you or lecture you like the argumentative people on the Internet? I also don't know why people are referring the OP to autism boards. It's the blind leading the blind. I don't see any therapists or coaches on those boards. I also don't how you are supposed to get the support you need when you have people chewing you out.

With that said, you can excuse hostile behavior from people on the Internet if they gave you great advice. I shake my head that one person provided links to another website shaming the OP and another person started an account to cuss the OP out. Let's see those guys wing the OP.

A lot of message boards suffer from the problem with the blind leading the blind. Relationship boards attract people who struggle with relationships. People who are successful with relationships are too busy with their partners to worry about helping strangers for free or debating trolls on the Internet. I decided to post on this thread because I have the experience of a moderator in another relationship board abusing her power to protect a troll due to unknown reasons. The admin of the board did not care that people who posted on the board who were going through difficult times didn't need to be attacked by mean people on the Internet.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:11 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBreesGo View Post
If you're having trouble getting into a relationship or have a cognitive impairment, you should not rely on a bunch of a strangers for advice and support. Instead, you should see a therapist or a coach. Message boards are places for debate or providing advice to people in a relationship or close to a relationship. If you are struggling with anxiety or autism, you should see a counselor who has the time and expertise to help you. At best, the people here can point you in the right direction or provide some advice regarding a specific situation like what to do on the first date. However, you should see a professional to assist you to help you with your social skills and confidence.

Getting arguments with strangers in the Internet will only create more trauma. A lot of people are shy and stifled due to the trauma of being punished for expressing themselves. How can you flirt with a woman if you're afraid that she is going to cuss you or lecture you like the argumentative people on the Internet? I also don't know why people are referring the OP to autism boards. It's the blind leading the blind. I don't see any therapists or coaches on those boards. I also don't how you are supposed to get the support you need when you have people chewing you out.

With that said, you can excuse hostile behavior from people on the Internet if they gave you great advice. I shake my head that one person provided links to another website shaming the OP and another person started an account to cuss the OP out. Let's see those guys wing the OP.

A lot of message boards suffer from the problem with the blind leading the blind. Relationship boards attract people who struggle with relationships. People who are successful with relationships are too busy with their partners to worry about helping strangers for free or debating trolls on the Internet. I decided to post on this thread because I have the experience of a moderator in another relationship board abusing her power to protect a troll due to unknown reasons. The admin of the board did not care that people who posted on the board who were going through difficult times didn't need to be attacked by mean people on the Internet.
I will say that I figured out what specific emotional need differences I have than most people almost entirely due to Citi-Data. I have no interest in marrying or dating or really spending nearly the amount of time around others that most people crave. I learned that - or more specifically that most people want closer relationships to others than myself - mostly through posting unwanted threads in the romantic relationships forum. Everybody kept saying "You shouldn't post here," because of my bizarre threads and my completely different interests than everybody else...but I kept learning from people's reactions, and I learned about others from how they responded to the very personal information I posted over the internet (which was something else everybody kept telling me not to do).

But in that case...I knew I was learning something useful, so I already knew ignoring many people's advice to stop posting was the wisest route.

I don't know much about autism though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology