Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2018, 12:28 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,050,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
The guys hogging the stage did absolutely nothing wrong. Hogging the stage and being egotistical is perfectly fine.

If you think this was all my fault, that's probably because YOU would have hogged the stage and YOU are egotistical.
I thought the nonsensical responses couldn't get any worse...until this post.

Hogging the stage = wrong
Hogging the stage when quiet person gives a phumphering answer and hand signal =/= hogging the stage.

Old 04-02-2018, 12:42 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
The guys hogging the stage did absolutely nothing wrong. Hogging the stage and being egotistical is perfectly fine.

If you think this was all my fault, that's probably because YOU would have hogged the stage and YOU are egotistical.

*If you disagree with me then you are an awful person......*

I suspect you will continue to have problems getting along with people.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-02-2018, 12:45 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,202,043 times
Quote:

Second hundredth verse
Same as the first

Let's all sing.

Old 04-02-2018, 12:53 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:

Is the is old "I'm rubber and you're glue what you say bounces off me and sticks to you" defense? Honestly, if you hadn't thrown in the word "egotistical" I'd have thought these were the words of a 7 year old.

Old 04-02-2018, 12:56 PM

10,352 posts, read 7,977,886 times
Quote:
If you think this was all my fault....
Who has said this was ALL your fault? What everyone I've seen who has replied has said is that it was PARTLY your fault (which is true).

Stop focusing so much on other people's actions, and focus more on your own. Your thoughts and actions are the only ones you can control.

Old 04-02-2018, 01:20 PM

1,299 posts, read 822,422 times
Quote:
I do recognize, however, that introverts often do want to be ignored and left alone. I am somewhere between introvert and extrovert, depending on the social context. They might have perceived me as an introvert who wanted to be left alone.
I don't think you understand what introvert/extrovert really mean.

Introverted does not mean shy and door-matty.

Old 04-02-2018, 01:45 PM

50,717 posts, read 36,411,320 times
I'd have waited till a song was over and say "mind if I join you up there?" Again, with no audience it was a jam session, not an open mic, as another poster stated. You don't know how to do that without anger seeping through your words, so you just sit there and resent them later.

Regardless if the situation was your fault or not, your reaction was your fault, and that is the ONLY part any of us have control over. Again, do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?

Old 04-02-2018, 02:41 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,414,544 times
This happened ONCE, out of hundreds of other times.

Old 04-02-2018, 02:51 PM

2,001 posts, read 2,511,574 times
Sorry, when they asked you if you were going to play you should have said YES.
This was a question with only 2 possible answers: yes or NO.

Your evasive answer meant no, so this is what they understood and that's why they left.
How did you want them to respond to your maybe? beg you? I'm sorry, your reaction is childish.

Old 04-02-2018, 03:11 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,414,544 times
I wonder what makes people here so interested in arguing that I caused it?

Whenever there are problems between people, of any kind, there is usually some fault on both sides. Maybe one more than the other. But it's very seldom all caused by one person.

So if people had said these guys were inconsiderate, yet I should be more assertive, that would make some sense to me.

But if you say the whole problem was caused by me, then I have to be skeptical of your motives. I think you enjoy bashing. That is not unusual, it is a basic fact of human nature. Some more than others. And being anonymous lets you go wild with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology