Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 06:45 AM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times

Advertisements

I believe the OP is just as closed minded and judgemental as he/she believes the prudes to be. In general prudes don’t want to display their affection out in public and are more reserved in who and when they choose to have sex. Some “prudes” are animals in the bedroom then back to prudes in public. It’s not them being hypocrites. It’s about what forms of affection they feel is appropriate in public. Some women who are accused of being prudes were called this because they didn’t want to have sex or romantic relationships with certain people. This doesn’t make them a prude, it makes them selective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 07:45 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
What's wrong with it?
How shy women can handle giving birth at a hospital since they are so shy?

It's a bizarre way of thinking in my opinion. A woman in labor, her last thought is who is watching her at the time. Giving birth is not the same as walking around in a bikini on a public beach.

That is all Im saying. Besides, she can chose herself who she wants in the room. I had my husband, my female obgyn/doctor and a nurse.

Old 04-12-2018, 11:16 AM

4,168 posts, read 2,565,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post

It's a bizarre way of thinking in my opinion. A woman in labor, her last thought is who is watching her at the time. Giving birth is not the same as walking around in a bikini on a public beach.

That is all Im saying. Besides, she can chose herself who she wants in the room. I had my husband, my female obgyn/doctor and a nurse.
That's right it's not the same. It's worse . You are wide open for the whole world to see everything you own. I thought it was a reasonable question to ponder especially while labor pains aren't that bad, and you aren't so overwhelmed by excruciating pain. After the pains hit a certain point I, for one, didn't care who was there, or what they did, lol. 16 hours of labor with her in a breech position, and I thought a C - section sounded like a brilliant idea. Just bring in an army, and do it! That was just my miserable experience though.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:11 PM

13,707 posts, read 12,413,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
I see the point has been missed entirely by a few people who argue about semantics. Let me rephrase then. How do religious people who seem to be so against any kind of sex (think the Duggars) still manage to do it to reproduce?
They aren't "against any kind of sex."

They are against societal behaviors and attitudes that surround it. IE, women dressing immodestly (or their definition of modesty,) or intimate relations outside of marriage, etc...

The Duggar family (IIRC) doesn't have a TV, presumably they aren't going to play cards, so...what else is there to do?

Old 04-13-2018, 07:21 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Its like when you drop your Iphone in the urinal. You reach in real fast , wipe it off and hope it doesn't happen again.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:43 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,747,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by octo View Post
From a totally outside view it’s actually strange that family values is anti sex.
No, it is not anti sex. (see post above)

Old 04-14-2018, 03:51 PM

323 posts, read 221,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Prudes are only offended by other peoples' sex lives?

Here's an old joke: A prude is someone who is embarrassed by the fact that he was born naked in a bed with a naked woman.
Women aren't naked...they do have at least a hospital gown

Old 04-14-2018, 03:52 PM

323 posts, read 221,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post

Why does the doctor have to be female??

Old 04-14-2018, 08:51 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,045,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
They have sex through a hole in the sheet with the lights out
This made me laugh.

Old 04-14-2018, 09:56 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Given how you have to make kids and all, how is it that prudes have kids? Do they just see the act of sex as a necessary evil to procreate? I've honestly never understood the mentality.
There is an old joke that actually has some truth to it.....BUT,

first of all, a "prude" is probably the type of woman that many men desire....closer to "a virgin" than the opposite type would be. A "prude" would be less likely to cheat and also likely think as much or more about others (including her children) than some "swingers"...

Sex IS only for procreation. That doesn't mean the dog won't try to hump your leg. We humans have decided to fully endorse it as recreation (well, not fully, but definitely somewhat)....and so answering such questions become difficult.

From a bio perspective we are designed to enjoy sex more during the years from about 14 to 40....obviously because these are the years when child bearing is more possible. A woman (historically) who didn't want to get preggy early and accidentally would probably be a "prude" from 14 until 20 or so. Then she may have a more active sex life for some of the next couple of decades.

it is quite normal that after a woman has children, the husband becomes #2, because the children are the most needy and hubby can largely take care of himself.

Now, after 40 or 50.....well, you have guys (a LOT) with ED, many obese....plus menopause and all the other associated hormonal changes (both sexes)....so you'll naturally have a lot of "prudes" then because

1. The woman may not enjoy it as much.
and
2. The guy may be not able to perform without a pill and it's just not the same.....

And/or one of many other problems may exist.

It only takes once to have a kid......although we have three.

Anyway, the joke is "How do you stop a jewish woman from screwing?
Answer: Marry her....

I'm sure that applies to some degree to a lot of couples, but since a lot of Jews are into comedy they made up the joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology