Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 01:14 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

Btw, the only reason I still eat poultry is because sometimes my body TELLS me it needs that protein - and when your body is speaking, it’s usually smart to listen. I’m sorry, but humans simply cannot get the same nourishment from eating only PLANTS. That’s a discussion best saved for the health or food forum, though, so maybe you should post about it there instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2018, 05:00 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
Simple. Some people show more love and compassion towards their pets than to people who are suffering and in need.

What kind of response do you expect when there are sick "animal lovers" like that? You can't have it both ways.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:18 AM

4,286 posts, read 4,762,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Simple. Some people show more love and compassion towards their pets than to people who are suffering and in need.

What kind of response do you expect when there are sick "animal lovers" like that? You can't have it both ways.
So because someone is kinder to pets than people it's OK to be cruel to animals? You can't be serious.

Old 06-15-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan123 View Post
So because someone is kinder to pets than people it's OK to be cruel to animals? You can't be serious.
Of course not. It's sad, but that could be a cause. Two wrongs definitely don't make a right. But perhaps some of the so-called "animal" lovers need to take some of the responsibility for these tragedies.

Old 06-15-2018, 04:19 PM

20,391 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Of course not. It's sad, but that could be a cause. Two wrongs definitely don't make a right. But perhaps some of the so-called "animal" lovers need to take some of the responsibility for these tragedies.
I don't know why, but this is not the first time you have commented and I've struggled to understand what you're trying to say.

Are you saying that animal lovers are somehow to blame for those who are cruel to animals? What, for not loving people enough? Are you saying those people who are cruel to animals were not loved enough themselves or are you indicating that animal haters exist to balance out the universe?

I just...sorry man...I don't get it.

Old 06-15-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I don't know why, but this is not the first time you have commented and I've struggled to understand what you're trying to say.

Are you saying that animal lovers are somehow to blame for those who are cruel to animals? What, for not loving people enough? Are you saying those people who are cruel to animals were not loved enough themselves or are you indicating that animal haters exist to balance out the universe?

I just...sorry man...I don't get it.
I think there is something wrong when many people in our society show more love and general regard for their pets than for humans who are suffering. It's not a difficult concept. I just think our society is sick in many ways. Some people spend tons of money on their animals, while they let people in their own communities starve to death.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:02 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,907,940 times
Not sure what the balance sheet on this is in Ozzy's mind, either. I do know if we start debating here the thread might be closed or moved if it veers too far from psychology. I started a thread somewhat on this topic on the Veg forum:

When people ask, how to stay vegan

If that one turns into a debate, however, it may be moved or closed, also. It's a very important topic, I think, however, and it angers a lot of people! Sometimes the very people who are angry, initially, are the ones who change their minds, and not just change their diets but become activists. We need more loving, ethical people. And the animals need us, too.

Old 06-15-2018, 11:49 PM

I just tried to answer the question as accurately as I could assess it. These kinds of sad things are the result of society, in my opinion. I suppose that if everyone could grow up in some kind of ideal small town in Latin America or something, there would be less mental illness. But unfortunately that is not the world we live in.

Old 06-16-2018, 05:17 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,907,940 times
Quote:
I just tried to answer the question as accurately as I could assess it. These kinds of sad things are the result of society, in my opinion. I suppose that if everyone could grow up in some kind of ideal small town in Latin America or something, there would be less mental illness. But unfortunately that is not the world we live in.
I guess I still don't follow you. Being kind to one subset of living things does not subtract from the opportunity of being kind to another subset; there isn't a limited amount of kindness to go around, in other words.

To put it another way, being kind to animals doesn't prevent one from being kind to humans. If some humans are more kind to their pets than to other humans, that says something about those particular humans, but doesn't imply that if one is less kind to animals they might then be more kind to humans. You can be kind to both, or unkind to both.

Old 06-16-2018, 06:53 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times
Because they're just pathetic people, I guess. How you can show anything but kindness and caring to an innocent, small creature, I don't really understand. I'm a pretty straight-forward, sometimes aggressive guy, if I have to be, I'm a dominant type of personality, but if you see me with my cats, they get spoiled and treated like princesses. Because they're innocent creatures, they don't deserve any hostility. People, on the other hand, sometimes have to be put in their place :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology