Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 12:13 AM

4,168 posts, read 2,565,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
#1 is manipulation, and to me is underhanded. She wants something, and is using sex as the way to get it, not because she really wants it.
Otoh, it could be a sacrifice of love because she knows she messed up, and wants to smooth things over, and go on. Idk, it could be one, or the other depending on the person, and circumstances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2018, 12:19 AM

765 posts, read 473,178 times
sheesh. ***t. and throw in sugar plum fairy to boot!!!!!!!!!!!!

can you spell misogynist?

crimineelentils!!!!!!!!!!!! what a flotsam and jetsam of unmitigated generalizations and sheer lack of knowledge about intimacy. i am so sick and tired of this litany of woes from men who have no clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIME'S UP, FOR EVERYTHING. MOANING. GROANING. SEXIST RANTS. SEXIST BEHAVIOR AND MEN WHO FEEL LIKE THEY GET TO DEFINE WHAT A WOMAN IS FEELING.

NEWS FLASH: YOU DO NOT GET TO DO THIS ANY LONGER. PERIOD. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO STAND UP AND SAY MY TRUTH. AFTER A LIFETIME OF BEING TOLD TO BE SEEN AND NOT HEARD.

THE WHOLE WORLD IS LISTENING NOW. AND RETHINKING HOW TO BEHAVE OR THINK ABOUT WOMEN. YOUR SAD SIMPLISTIC RANT IS BENEATH YOU AS A MODERN MAN WHO SHOULD KNOW BETTER.

Old 05-27-2018, 08:05 AM

3,319 posts, read 1,814,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Disagree.
There are far too many examples of "exceptions" to continue lumping the genders.
Waaaaaay too many.

How about we start treating people like people, start getting to know them, and quit trying generic tips and tricks to get our way?
I agree, but it's about the 'sexes', not the genders!
Gender is a social construct of humans creation, and it's reformation was the first agenda of the Women's Movement.

Cats, dogs, and all other higher order species are constrained reproductively by two discrete SEXES.. at least until further notice, but only humans have created the vague and restrictive term 'gender'.

As a result, the term 'trans-gender' is linguistically incoherent, and we sadly seem to be going in reverse lately.

Old 05-27-2018, 08:36 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
I guess I wouldn’t know. I’ve been told my entire adult life that I’m sexually “male”.

Not preference-wise because I’m not gay or bi & I’m not dominant either, behaviorally speaking. It’s something else.

None of the things described in the OP are attractive to me but I’m not “gamey” to begin with.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:19 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,109,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceiligrrl View Post
sheesh. ***t. and throw in sugar plum fairy to boot!!!!!!!!!!!!

can you spell misogynist?

crimineelentils!!!!!!!!!!!! what a flotsam and jetsam of unmitigated generalizations and sheer lack of knowledge about intimacy. i am so sick and tired of this litany of woes from men who have no clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIME'S UP, FOR EVERYTHING. MOANING. GROANING. SEXIST RANTS. SEXIST BEHAVIOR AND MEN WHO FEEL LIKE THEY GET TO DEFINE WHAT A WOMAN IS FEELING.

NEWS FLASH: YOU DO NOT GET TO DO THIS ANY LONGER. PERIOD. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO STAND UP AND SAY MY TRUTH. AFTER A LIFETIME OF BEING TOLD TO BE SEEN AND NOT HEARD.

THE WHOLE WORLD IS LISTENING NOW. AND RETHINKING HOW TO BEHAVE OR THINK ABOUT WOMEN. YOUR SAD SIMPLISTIC RANT IS BENEATH YOU AS A MODERN MAN WHO SHOULD KNOW BETTER.
Was that a rant or is your caps-shift key stuck?

Who was the object of your missive?

Old 05-27-2018, 09:23 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
I agree, but it's about the 'sexes', not the genders!
Gender is a social construct of humans creation, and it's reformation was the first agenda of the Women's Movement.

Cats, dogs, and all other higher order species are constrained reproductively by two discrete SEXES.. at least until further notice, but only humans have created the vague and restrictive term 'gender'.

As a result, the term 'trans-gender' is linguistically incoherent, and we sadly seem to be going in reverse lately.
I prefer to use "sexes" to describe very genetic, physical, and biological differences...most every other "difference" between the sexes IS actually due to social and cultural constructs so "gender" is appropriate.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I prefer to use "sexes" to describe very genetic, physical, and biological differences...most every other "difference" between the sexes IS actually due to social and cultural constructs so "gender" is appropriate.
Sex is binary, decreed by nature and evolution; gender is a spectum of behavior defined by humans and subject to cultural change, thus easily altered.

My original statement makes no comment on the usefulness of either term, but that they be used in proper context.
To say that different 'genders' behave differently is a tautology.
To say that different sexes behave differently is an observation.

Old 05-27-2018, 10:04 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,109,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
Sex is binary, decreed by nature and evolution;
Actually sex is not binary, referring to the XX XY kind of sex.

Please refer to this Wikipedia article on Intersex. We are lucky that most of us fall into either XX or XY. Some people do not.

I am referring to chromosomal irregularities that lead to ambiguous sexual classification.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Actually sex is not binary, referring to the XX XY kind of sex.

Please refer to this Wikipedia article on Intersex. We are lucky that most of us fall into either XX or XY. Some people do not.

I am referring to chromosomal irregularities that lead to ambiguous sexual classification.
Those are rarities, and in no way alter the actual, overwhelmingly preponderant binary nature of normal evolutionary sexual reproduction.
Indeed, 'intersex' or ambiguous sex assignment is not exclusively a product of genetic mishaps; it can arise from endocrinological and other biological anomalies, like testosterone insensitivity in normal genetic males resulting in a completely female presenting phenotype. Internally such individuals have neither uterus nor ovaries and they are incapable of either bearing or fathering children.

We as a species define ourselves as bi-pedal because we are usually born with two legs.
We as a society do not define ourselves by the abnormal, but by the normal.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:32 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Nah. Seeing him naked does it faster.
For me all it takes is a little bit of gentle touching - even somewhere innocuous. Like you know a shoulder. From the right person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology