Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 02:23 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,418,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

"I'm not harming anyone, and this makes me happy. I'm fortunate enough to have a partner who will indulge it."
This is really the bottom line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 02:24 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,418,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5HcJ-JqLX4

Better explains it.

It's a form of BDSM. Some take it to actual sexual stuff, others keep it non-sexual.
I've seen this segment, too.

It can be a form of BDSM, but isn't necessarily.

Old 07-16-2018, 03:02 PM

20,334 posts, read 14,552,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I've seen this segment, too.

It can be a form of BDSM, but isn't necessarily.
Those of us in the community do consider it to fall under our general umbrella of "BDSM" mostly I think because the consensual power exchange, the Big/little thing mirrors the Dom/sub pattern. But also probably just because we accept anybody who is just consensually doing their own nonstandard lifestyle thing like that. It's a pretty accepting scene.

We've got petplayers, too, in the group. I used to think that was pretty weird, and when I found out this one guy was a horse in his spare time, with all this really expensive kit and everything, I kinda looked at him sideways about it, you know? But then I saw him doing it, and the dude RADIATED joy. I mean sheer unadulterated happiness, of the kind many people never experience from one day to the next. Bliss. In the face of that kind of emotion it was really hard to judge the dude. In fact it's kind of hard to do anything but smile back at him.

I don't know if I'd believe in that kind of...energy...(a completely inadequate word but often the best we've got) if I had not experienced it first hand. Frankly it makes sex seem almost insignificant, at least to me.

There have been studies done on practitioners in terms of neurochemical changes before and after doing their chosen BDSM activities. These are very interesting to me.

But I suppose I shouldn't get too into it, I'll only write another wall of text and interfere with a thread started to judge weird diaper people. lol

Old 07-16-2018, 04:13 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,837,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It’s a fetish. Dr. Phil and that man may have called it a disorder but it is not an official disorder.
That totally didn't answer my question, though...

It was directed at someone else, but the question again was: What does the term "normalized" mean in these contexts? Anyone??

Old 07-16-2018, 04:17 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,837,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
The Librarian look is not about authority or what a bad boy someone is.

It's about a women who doesn't dress sexually and the fantasy is to uncover the sexy within. I got this at lot in the Corporate world for dressing modestly.

The hair done up in a bun makes it forbidden to most men as well as what is underneath the clothes. But for you it comes undone.

https://savageminds.org/2014/03/26/u...exy-librarian/
Yeah, it was more of a rhetorical question (from my post) - we all know about the fantasy, lol. But I still maintain that it's very outdated, as most librarians these days aren't all "buttoned-up" or conservative in dress. We lean more "hipster" now, since the technology/IT skills required have attracted younger people to the field.

Old 07-16-2018, 05:14 PM

21,108 posts, read 13,492,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post

It was directed at someone else, but the question again was: What does the term "normalized" mean in these contexts? Anyone??
IDK what comment you are referring to, but to me he said he went on the show to educate, which means to me he was trying to legitimize this 'syndrome' as he calls it. He wants it recognized AS a syndrome I think so that it's treated like any other disorder int he sense that people understand and accept it.

That is where he loses me, because for disorders, the plan of treatment is not to indulge you. 'Have PTSD and never want to leave the house again? Good plan'. No, that is not what Drs. say. They want to help you leave the house again.

In another place I read he said it's a life style choice. So there, I have no argument with him. That goes to if they are happy with it and not hurting anyone, so be it. I think it's bizarre and unhealthy, but their life, their choice.

He does NOT have PTSD, another guy's details got mixed in with this one. This is not a mode of dealing with his childhood trauma. I don't know what he would be diagnosed with. An extreme form of a dependent personality disorder?

What I find odd is that many people in this section are extremely judgmental of those with mental illnesses or disorders that won't get help.

I guess it's the fetish lifestyle people, or people who empathize with fetishes who want to support this. But for him it is not about that. He just wants to live this way. Neither him or Dr. Phil said it was a fetish. He was asked if it is sexual and he said no.

Even though he gets a thrill from people in public seeing his diaper. He as asked if that was like exhibitionism and said no. I don't think he understands himself very well, honestly. I think he is sick and this makes him feel better and that is all he cares about.

Old 07-16-2018, 05:55 PM

50,504 posts, read 36,145,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post

I think it just means some people think he's a freak, and they don't want people to think this is acceptable, normal behavior.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:37 PM

24,463 posts, read 9,322,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
I remember a story like this. When people have dysfunctional thoughts, it can lead to an endless variety of outcomes.
Agreed, personality disorders all come from the same source (the brain) but could lead to endless outcomes. Sociopathy, Psychopathy, depression, narcissism, etc.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:04 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,229,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
First when I saw it I was just speechless and couldn’t believe my eyeballs- then I couldn’t stop laughing At the utter ridiculousness of it, straight absurd.
I really just.cant.believe. it.

A grown a** man, telling Dr Phil that he has a “adult baby disorder” that causes him for blah blah reasons to have to “live like a baby, complete with a custom made high chair, crib, toys, bottle and custom made “baby clothes and jammies “
and a girlfriend who I’m not sure which one is the sicker one of the two because his girlfriend obliges his “need to be a giant baby” and with a straight face reports most of her money is spent on his baby clothes, toys, etc
He is apparently not even embarrassed to sit there on national tv as if he is discussing his college program, that he’s indeed, he spends life laying in his adult size “crib” and drinking his bottle.
Then mentions he sometimes in his high chair will throw his food or have
tantrums. His girlfriend spoon feeds him his baby food while he says “no no, mama, waahhhh!!” bangs on tray for more baby food.

I’m just, wow, what? Is this for real? I didn’t hear him mention any family
Members but I have to wonder what his family would say. “well he always was a crybaby?”
Literally?
One person said no, it’s just a man who doesn’t want to work.
Good God, my dad is rolling over in his grave- adult baby man...what?

Will public places now have to provide adult size high chairs for people with adult baby syndrome? ROFLMAO

Dr. Phil is simply desperate for ratings because they have dropped so much. I used to like his show until he went all Maury Povich on us.

SS

Old 07-16-2018, 10:59 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,875,925 times
It is just a staged TV show for money. Everything is about shock value and money. EVERYTHING.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology