Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 04:41 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
And by your terms, I guess by late father groped his grand daughter.
That's disturbing of you to bring up.

Old 09-04-2018, 05:16 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
I only saw the picture. He was out of line.

He has no business being a pastor or bishop.

Old 09-04-2018, 05:42 PM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post

Well said and excellent post. The pervert pastor needs to resign.

It's insane that churches pay no taxes in this country.

Old 09-04-2018, 05:52 PM

6,706 posts, read 5,933,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Well said and excellent post. The pervert pastor needs to resign.

It's insane that churches pay no taxes in this country.
He did apologize. Do you not accept his apology?

Suppose you did something like that. Are you OK with being tarnished for the rest of your life?

The man does good work -- why destroy him over one mistake?

Old 09-04-2018, 06:53 PM

17,726 posts, read 9,187,561 times
Of course that pervert knew what he was doing.

#RespectAriana

Old 09-04-2018, 07:11 PM

5,451 posts, read 4,051,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post

Suppose you did something like that. Are you OK with being tarnished for the rest of your life?

One mistake that was filmed. Someone who does something like that has likely been doing it for awhile. Off camera, no doubt. I would bet it is part of a pattern. I highly doubt he was suddenly overcome by Ariana and just couldn't help himself.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:29 PM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:

I never said he didn’t apologize. I want him to RESIGN.

I never sexually assaulted anyone as a middle aged married man, so no, I can’t “suppose” I would ever sexually assault an international celebrity on tv while telling a Taco Bell joke in church.

The man gropes one of the most famous women on earth. He’s lucky she doesn’t sue him and make him register as a sex offender, she has the money to do it.

Can he grope your mother, what about your spouse, sister, and aunt? He’s tall!

Old 09-04-2018, 07:44 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Well, he did a couple of dumb things. First of all, she is very famous and gifted, has a gorgeous voice, and he thought her name was an item from the Taco Bell menu? And secondly, she's young and beautiful, and he should have kept his hands off her.

She took it graciously, but he was out of line. Honoring Aretha Franklin was more important than causing a fuss, but he was inappropriate. It made me uncomfortable; no telling how it made her feel.

I don't do well with teasing. You can say it was a harmless joke, but teasing is always, and always, an attempt to put someone down, put them in their place, or elevate yourself above the person, however disguised. I don't like it. And it's not innocent.
Excellent post.

I don't do well with teasing either. Your observation is correct - teasing always seeks to ridicule and to put someone else down, while the "teaser" gets off the hook. If the person being teased responds with anything other than laughter, they are seen frequently as "a spoiled sport" or someone who cannot "take a joke".

It has a very dark motive, and it is never innocent.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:36 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,314,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post

No he does not have any business being a pastor or bishop, he is the epitome of a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Quote:

Yes he does do good work but no one can say for sure that this is his "one mistake" and honestly, I have my doubts precisely because he does do good things for people in Detroit and I suspect elsewhere as well. I hope I am wrong but I don't think so. That's how predators behave, they do many great things and good deeds so that they appear beyond reproach. Eventually there may be others who are not indebted to his "good deeds" and may come forward themselves, maybe not, maybe it will take years...or not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
One mistake that was filmed. Someone who does something like that has likely been doing it for awhile. Off camera, no doubt. I would bet it is part of a pattern. I highly doubt he was suddenly overcome by Ariana and just couldn't help himself.
I agree VT. One mistake? Highly unlikely. A man of his stature and illustrious public persona does not become that type of man at his age, I do not believe it for one minute. This was not his "first rodeo".

Apologies to the naysayers but I too have had personal experience with men who are well respected by their families, neighbors, community and co-workers and that in no way equals that they are not capable of being sexual predators, no way.

I was not an entertainer, didn't dress inappropriately, didn't dance in front of them, didn't "ask for it", nor any other myriad behavior women are blamed for as acting in an enticing manner. No, I was a 14 year old babysitter whose mother could not, for the life of her imagine why I would quit that particular family, she thought the world of them / him. He would insist on walking me home at night and as I would go up the stairs he would run his hand up between my legs...all the way to heaven. If my mother didn't believe me, well then, who would?

I realize and I know, too much information and it does not please me in sharing it. But if it opens only one set of eyes, then maybe it's worth it, because I am still ashamed of it.

Every woman I know has had that Ariana Grande moment

You walk away — I walk away — feeling small and dirty and alone.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.8690166ece62

Old 09-04-2018, 09:37 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Did she wiggle her hips at the funeral? No?

From everything I read, she rendered a beautiful and respectful tribute to Aretha. More so than the pastor, actually, who used his platform for politics.
.......and, from reports, Aretha's family was very unhappy about it.

The pastor failed on every level, extremely out of touch, time for him to retire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology