Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 12:29 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
If this height theory were true, he would have put his hand across her shoulder and not made a dive for the boob.
Yep.

Old 09-03-2018, 12:32 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
If women don’t allow themselves to be touched inappropriately, no one will help anyone else?

It's not that.

How would you conduct your life if you knew everyone would second guess you? How would you conduct your life if you knew that not only would everyone second guess you but also crucify you about it?

Welcome to the world of being a cop..........and don't be surprised if you end up with a watchman world where they only respond when you call, if at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
There's always been groping. It's not a new thing.

I'm paraphrasing Buffy TVS, "Intervention"........given comments elsewhere, you should expect that.

Old 09-03-2018, 01:18 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
It's not that.

How would you conduct your life if you knew everyone would second guess you? How would you conduct your life if you knew that not only would everyone second guess you but also crucify you about it?

Welcome to the world of being a cop..........and don't be surprised if you end up with a watchman world where they only respond when you call, if at all.
What does this have to do with the OP?

People are constantly second-guessed and "crucifed" daily. Still things get done.

You are well aware that this is why we have protocols and standards. If those are followed, you can withstand scrutiny.

Old 09-03-2018, 01:28 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
What does this have to do with the OP?

People are constantly second-guessed and "crucifed" daily. Still things get done.

You are well aware that this is why we have protocols and standards. If those are followed, you can withstand scrutiny.

Perhaps, for now........

.........but when you can end up being a national name in no time, one has to wonder how long this can go on before people say "the heck with it".

As far as what this has to do with the OP, the OP starts off with a conclusion that he did grope her, but the basic point of the matter is..............

................WE WEREN'T THERE, we don't know what went on, but yet, from a certain point of view, we are told what is what.

It's like an eyewitness report of TWA 800 over Long Island that tells us that the 747 was shot down by a missile because they saw the rising the tail fire and then heard the boom. Was that what happened?

Probably not because the nose got blown off the 747, the aircraft climbed in flames but because the speed of sound is a lot slower than the speed of light, the events arrived to the observer at different times.

We weren't there.........yet, we are told that is what happened.

Old 09-03-2018, 01:53 PM

3,464 posts, read 4,835,336 times
Nothing preachers, pastors or youth ministers do surprise me much anymore.

Old 09-03-2018, 01:59 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,059,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
It's not that.

I'm paraphrasing Buffy TVS, "Intervention"........given comments elsewhere, you should expect that.

I have police officers in my family and understand that they have to make split-second decisions many times and are often second-guessed. I have always been a strong supporter of LEOs. However, I am still struggling to understand how your statement relates to this specific situation.

Touching women inappropriately is never acceptable. It is inappropriate to touch women’s breasts/genitals or press one’s pelvis into a woman’s back, either in public or in private, uninvited. There isn’t anything to second-guess here, IMHO, because this is not something secret. Most men know this. Some men do it anyway and depend on women’s socialization to keep from being called out on it.

I also don’t understand your statement, “ I’m paraphrasing Buffy TVS ‘Intervention’... given comments elsewhere, you should expect that.” Sorry if I am being obtuse, it isn’t deliberate.

Old 09-03-2018, 02:04 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,567,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Ariana should have just moved his hand and said “excuse me, my waist is down here”. She was being too polite, it’s obvious he was catching a feel in public, what must he do in private?
if i were a woman in that situation, i would be fearful that 10,000 of his parishiners would be hating me like: "how dare you disrespect my pastor like that" ! (female parishiners included)

and the rest of the world saying: "how dare you disrespect the queen of soul like that" !

Old 09-03-2018, 02:19 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,126,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
if i were a woman in that situation, i would be fearful that 10,000 of his parishiners would be hating me like: "how dare you disrespect my pastor like that" ! (female parishiners included)

and the rest of the world saying: "how dare you disrespect the queen of soul like that" !
But if more women spoke out and embarrassed these slobs on the spot, there would be a lot less grabbing various body parts. He would have learned his lesson before groping the next woman. What this man did was not appropriate for a funeral, it was more along the lines of having too many at a party.

Agreed, Aretha was the Queen, it should have been all about her.

Old 09-03-2018, 02:20 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Default What do you think of the Pastor who groped Ariana Grande?

Disturbing

Old 09-03-2018, 02:51 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmejor77 View Post
Do you think he knew what he was doing, or was just an unfortunate missundestanding? What about the comment about she sounding like a Mexican dish? Any psychological lessons with coud learn from this incident?
I think he was wrong. I’d hate to have some guy touching my boob like that. Eww.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology