Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 12:36 AM

67 posts, read 34,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7baixo View Post
Every pot has a lid.
No they don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2018, 04:29 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,275,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slap to my face View Post
No they don't.
Agreed. There is "not" somebody out there for everyone. That's something normal people say. There's optimism and then there's realism. If that person is out there, you may never find them. As long as the ratio of men to women is around 50/50, there's always going to be men who don't make the cut.. it's simple genetics at work. A good chunk of men out there are not funny, ambitious, well traveled, etc.

Old 11-05-2018, 04:55 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,745,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuirkyLibrary View Post
I am 27 and never had a girlfriend or any sort of relationship with a woman so this is pretty much a non-issue.

However, even if a woman openly stated her interest in me, I would never be able to believe it. A part of me would always remind me that it couldn't possibly be true.

Is this weird in some way?

It's the vibe you give off. Confidence is everything to a woman. Even if you don't feel that confident (and shyness is okay to admit).....Let me give you a few tips: Make sure by the 3rd date to kiss her or make an attempt. If you ask her out 3 times and she accepts all of them, make sure to show her in some way you are interested or she will give up and think you are not...A few things a woman will do, if she likes you. is want to be physically near you, look into your eyes a lot and hope you "do something" so that she knows you are interested in her. For women, wondering how it would feel to kiss you, means everything.

Also, check your hygiene. Teeth. Hair. Body. Make sure when you go on your date to be clean. (it really does matter) Have you asked out many girls and if so, what was there response? Ask questions here, I think most here would like to help you to feel more at ease with going out with a woman.

Old 11-05-2018, 05:57 AM

11,784 posts, read 12,020,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Agreed. There is "not" somebody out there for everyone. That's something normal people say. There's optimism and then there's realism. If that person is out there, you may never find them. As long as the ratio of men to women is around 50/50, there's always going to be men who don't make the cut.. it's simple genetics at work. A good chunk of men out there are not funny, ambitious, well traveled, etc.
There could be someone out there, but if you don't put yourself out there, it's not going to happen.

If you are socially awkward, shy, have limited to no social skills, no social circle, only participate in individual hobbies, keep to yourself when out, or don't go out, it's you that are blocking yourself from opportunities that could exist.

For all the people who want to blame looks, the harsh reality is that personality, or lack thereof, is what is holding so many back. It's comfortable to want to think it's your looks. Accepting that you need to work on your personality is too much effort for some. If you don't think you're worth the effort, then you definitely won't have the effort to find a date, let alone maintain a relationship. Why would someone want to be with you when you're not in a place to offer anything to them, and don't seem to like yourself?

Old 11-05-2018, 06:00 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,106,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
There could be someone out there, but if you don't put yourself out there, it's not going to happen.
Thank the Lord!

*continues building fallout shelter*

Old 11-05-2018, 08:47 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,107,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
It's the vibe you give off. Confidence is everything to a woman. Even if you don't feel that confident (and shyness is okay to admit).....Let me give you a few tips: Make sure by the 3rd date to kiss her or make an attempt. If you ask her out 3 times and she accepts all of them, make sure to show her in some way you are interested or she will give up and think you are not...A few things a woman will do, if she likes you. is want to be physically near you, look into your eyes a lot and hope you "do something" so that she knows you are interested in her. For women, wondering how it would feel to kiss you, means everything.
I always walk my date to her car. Even on a first date I go for a kiss goodnight. I've failed in getting that first date kiss just once this year. I'll guess I've had just under 20 first dates this year so far.

I agree that confidence is all. Women don't respect weak/meek men. I'm always a gentleman and I've never forced myself on a woman. I think I'm getting about 50% second dates. I'm leaving no doubt that I'm interested. It's up to her to decide if she feels the same.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post

If you are socially awkward, shy, have limited to no social skills, no social circle, only participate in individual hobbies, keep to yourself when out, or don't go out, it's you that are blocking yourself from opportunities that could exist.

For all the people who want to blame looks, the harsh reality is that personality, or lack thereof, is what is holding so many back. It's comfortable to want to think it's your looks. Accepting that you need to work on your personality is too much effort for some. If you don't think you're worth the effort, then you definitely won't have the effort to find a date, let alone maintain a relationship. Why would someone want to be with you when you're not in a place to offer anything to them, and don't seem to like yourself?
I'm pretty sure there were people who put themselves out there and still had no success.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure there were people who put themselves out there and still had no success.
If you don't put yourself out there there is 100% chance of failure.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
If you don't put yourself out there there is 100% chance of failure.
So I guess it was a lose lose situation for me.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:
So I guess it was a lose lose situation for me.
I'm pretty sure the love of your life will not come to your front door and ring your door bell. ... I dunno, do you want to convert to LDS?

It is perfectly okay to not want a mate, that's a personal choice. But if you want a mate you're going to have to work for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology