Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2018, 08:49 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,390,906 times

Advertisements

I work with s0meone like that. Always comparing, always creating this competitive atmosphere, which within his world would lead to getting physical(fight). I learned early on, you could never "win" against this person verbally. They simply deny ever doing any wrong, or saying nasty things, straight up deny it all.. Crazy thing is, this person has asked me for help and advice on many occasions, and every time I help or give advice.
The straw finally broke for me when said person tossed water at me! I'm standing there thinking, "this really didn't just happen did it"? I told him, " that's it we're done". Walked away. I still have to work with this person for another month or two, but I literally do not talk to him. Only basic verbal commands, sort of like a dog. It's actually working out well, but I can't wait to be far away from him.
What kind of person is this? Am I being unreasonable in not talking? He tried to say something after that day, with a good morning, but I ignored him. Somehow if I try to bring this incident up to him, he will simply turn it around and make it sound like it was all my fault. Crazy I know.
HR is useless here, so just trying to handle it on my own.

Just curious, are there any good apps for audio recording? Like voice activated? I'm thinking of turning the tables, striking up a convo and let him verbally hang himself.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2018, 09:27 AM

1,734 posts, read 1,202,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse789 View Post
I work with s0meone like that. Always comparing, always creating this competitive atmosphere, which within his world would lead to getting physical(fight). I learned early on, you could never "win" against this person verbally. They simply deny ever doing any wrong, or saying nasty things, straight up deny it all.. Crazy thing is, this person has asked me for help and advice on many occasions, and every time I help or give advice.

The straw finally broke for me when said person tossed water at me! I'm standing there thinking, "this really didn't just happen did it"? I told him, " that's it we're done". Walked away. I still have to work with this person for another month or two, but I literally do not talk to him. Only basic verbal commands, sort of like a dog. It's actually working out well, but I can't wait to be far away from him.

What kind of person is this? Am I being unreasonable in not talking? He tried to say something after that day, with a good morning, but I ignored him. Somehow if I try to bring this incident up to him, he will simply turn it around and make it sound like it was all my fault. Crazy I know.

HR is useless here, so just trying to handle it on my own.

Just curious, are there any good apps for audio recording? Like voice activated? I'm thinking of turning the tables, striking up a convo and let him verbally hang himself.
Thanks.
If you truly only have to work with this person for "another month or two" and "HR is useless here" continue to ignore him when possible (not obviously so but by avoidance) and keep other answers or conversation to a minimum when dealing with him. Try not to let him get your goat.

I'm sure you would really like to show him up by catching him on audio as proof, but how about you just do your job and get through the rest of the time until you leave or he does? If you really believe he might resort to a physical fight, do yourself a favor and don't poke the bear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology