Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 07:53 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,510,717 times

Advertisements

Yes we all experience different forms of this. Also your home and ethnic culture can effect your self esteem. In some families which push thier kids to be affluent they accidentally also make their kids feel insecure. You have to have a non-judgemental love and support for family and your kids or they suffer. You never know if the time period you are in is not as good as others for advancement.

When I got out of school the job market was lousy however at that time period and the city I lived in people were not that ambitious which was kinda nice. It felt sorta like the movie Wayne's World. People were more into if you were nice and doing what you love and just getting some kind of job and "partying" on the weekends. That has stayed with me because I do not want to be miserable in what I do. I have been lucky to find work in what I like for about 20 years even though it is not especially high paying. Ironically it got higher paying because of time and the industry is more needed and getting more complicated.

Superficial people are lost and you don't need to live up to their ideals, live up to your own interests. If need be go find some happy stoner, musician types and hang with them, they get rid of bitterness fast because they know life is about enjoyment. That can be a trap later though because it masks those with real drug and motivation issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2018, 08:42 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by watislife1994 View Post
So from this I hate to say it became bitter and lonely. I found out who my true friends are and how differently people treat you.

Right now I am going through grad program in hopes I can get a good paying job when I graduate and in a sense prove all the doubters wrong. When I got admitted people started acting more friendly towards me, girls became more interested when before they gave no interest to me.
You learned that sometimes "friends" are not true friends...

Don't be bitter about a lesson learned.
I'd rather be lonely than have fickle "friends".

Don't go through a program just "to prove all the doubters wrong"...do it for YOU.

A true friend will be your friend no matter what your "station" in life.
Sorry you found out the hard way.......that's why true friends are so special...
Sometimes they are few and far between.
Choose your friends wisely...there are many good and loyal people out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology