U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 08:43 AM

2,201 posts, read 831,096 times

Advertisements

Accurate description:

Miserable wretch incapable of emotion with big brain, no heart. Also soulless. Ruled by logic, kind to animals and the rare human.

Fantasy description:

Well balanced brilliant and stunning winner of Nobel (in one of the sciences) mother of 10, married 40 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2018, 09:33 AM

3,397 posts, read 1,555,813 times
I'm pensive, and I wish I could be decisive.

I'm physically brave, and I wish I could be emotionally bold.

I'm an introvert who feels like a broken extrovert, and I wish I felt whole.

I can turn a phrase, and I wish I could turn some heads.

I have compassion for others, and I wish I had more for myself.

My passions are in a cage of worry and doubt, and I wish they were free.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:42 AM

1,538 posts, read 1,084,655 times
I donít know that I have one primary characteristic.

My nicknames, in my younger years, were ĎBlossomí and ĎSunshine.í Thatís through the eyes of others.

What I know about myself is that I value love, faith, and family above all else, and that Iím (like everyone else) still a work in progress.

If we donít count my roles in family life and Christianity, Iím an artist (singer, songwriter, musician, dancer, entertainer, author, and photographer).

If I have to boil it down to one Ďcharacteristic,í Iíd probably say that I love a lot... too much sometimes.

I donít believe Iíd wish for a different primary characteristic. Iíd just like to be the best possible version of myself, one thatís more Christlike, but that bar is set so high that I know I wonít reach it in this life, even though I wish I could.

Love and All Good Things,

Mahrie.

Old 12-06-2018, 11:39 AM

13,548 posts, read 7,454,043 times
I'm a street wise no nonsense bottom line person. I can cut you to shreds and eliminate you from my life in two seconds. I'm also honest and very generous with both love and money to my friends.

What I would change is my inability to forgive. When I make up my mind that I'm done with you, you're dead to me. I'm not sure that's a great way to be. There is a friendship I kicked to the curb about two years ago that I miss from time to time. There have been times that I was close to her house that I thought about stopping by, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. That self protection mechanism is strong in me. You know crap on me once shame on you, Do it twice, shame on me.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:06 AM

5,543 posts, read 3,181,141 times
My primary characteristic throughout my life has been curiosity. I want to know about people and things and to experience all aspects of life, even the more unpleasant ones.

My core values are solid and established but sometimes I think I would have benefitted from a more consistent sense of direction. What motivates me in one decade changes as my life goes on.

I've often thought that, like a butterfly, I must look like I'm flitting but eventually I get the job done. I'm easily distracted by the unfamiliar or the amusing.

Old 12-07-2018, 02:20 PM

2,764 posts, read 1,846,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Just for fun...

What do you consider one of your primary characteristics? And then, would you WISH you had another primary characteristic? If so, what would it be?

For instance; I think my primary characteristic is that I'm a friendly, cordial person. But I've always wished I was more edgy. Alas, I'm as edgy as a piece of bread. LOL
Black-belt sarcasm. I wish I was kind. Or maybe not.

Old 12-09-2018, 04:19 PM

396 posts, read 97,069 times
i'm open and friendly, but it can get mistaken for "instant intimacy". it would be nice if actual boundaries were recognized as "okay", and relationships developed in an organic, non-forced way. (right now "No Thank You" interpreted as "Thank You, go right ahead!" <lol>...) or "No? you dared to say the word "No"? pretty awkward

Old 12-10-2018, 01:35 PM

10,678 posts, read 5,238,662 times
I do see humor and joke about almost everything, sometimes even when it’s inappropred. But I’m full of spunk, have lots of energy. Rarely take no for an answer. Hard head, stubborn are the negative by product, I’m afraid.

Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM

847 posts, read 416,709 times
Reality: Quiet, always lost in thought, analytical, good sense of humor, creative and an original thinker, enjoys new or strange experiences and artistic works, anxious and self-defeating but acts calm, non-judgmental and a good listener but rarely takes the initiative to help others, the kind of person you might think seems vaguely interesting or offbeat but wouldn't think much about

Ideal: The above but more generally confident (which would probably lead to an easier time socializing) and more actively compassionate

Old Yesterday, 11:47 PM

1,453 posts, read 584,402 times
I'm a great assistant, on time, great with following up and following though.

I wish to death that I could write. Doesn't matter what. It could be stories, but especially poems and SONGS. How do they do it??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or