U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 02:11 PM

18 posts, read 1,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
^^^Yes, this^^^^.

Get yourself to the nearest Planned Parenthood and get on some form of birth control as soon as possible. An unplanned pregnancy is much, much worse than a "rumor". By the way, it's not really a rumor if it's true, is it?? The word you are looking for is "gossip", not rumor.
Thanks for the concern <3
It's nothing to worry about, I'm not pregnant and am 100% healthy. Last time we did anything was in October.

It's all good m8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, offhand, I vote for your ex being the source of the rumors. Maybe he bragged to his friends, or to one or two friends, and they blabbed. Not sure why you're going after your gf's. Why are you assuming you can trust your ex? He's an ex, after all. Guys gossip, and the honest ones will admit, that men gossip a lot more than women.

Oh, and just curious; is it normal where you live, for HS kids to drink coffee?
I don't know, he seemed sincere to me and I think he has respect for me. I mean, our relationship ended 2-3 months ago and he's still trying to stay on my good side like my opinion of him matters to him. I think if he was only in it for the sex, he'd split and never talk to me again or something.

Anyway, at this point it doesn't matter to me anymore. It's clear that all the people I have listed care about me at some degree, I'll just tell nobody the next time anything this private happens in my life.

I agree, those motherf...ers gossip way more than girls do.

And I live in Georgia and it's super normal for HS kids to drink coffee. Been drinking it since I was 12.

Old 01-12-2019, 06:45 PM

341 posts, read 84,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatUneed View Post
I don't know, he seemed sincere to me and I think he has respect for me. I mean, our relationship ended 2-3 months ago and he's still trying to stay on my good side like my opinion of him matters to him. I think if he was only in it for the sex, he'd split and never talk to me again or something.
Anyway, at this point it doesn't matter to me anymore. It's clear that all the people I have listed care about me at some degree, I'll just tell nobody the next time anything this private happens in my life.
And I live in Georgia and it's super normal for HS kids to drink coffee. Been drinking it since I was 12.
To reinforce your point about what dogs men are, a story:
An elderly man walks into a confessional. The
following conversation ensues:

Man: 'I am 92 years old, have a wonderful wife of 70
years, many children, grandchildren, and great
grandchildren. Yesterday, I picked up two college girls,
hitch-hiking. We went to a motel, where I had sex with each
of them three times.'

Priest: 'Are you sorry for your sins?'

Man: 'What sins?'

Priest: 'What kind of a Catholic are
you?'

Man: 'I'm Jewish.'

Priest: 'Why are you telling me all this?'

Man: 'I'm 92 years old ..
. . . I'm telling everybody!'

With respect to your g/f's, I don't get the "Don Corleone" reference, even though I'm a big "Godfather" fan. I was thinking more of how the U.S. got Japan to confirm that they planned to attack Midway Island in 1942 - they had broken the Japanese code and intercepted a message from Japan that discussed an attack on "A.F.". To confirm what "A.F." designated, the Navy sent out a message that Midway Island was having trouble with its freshwater condensers. When the Japanese sent out a subsequent message that "A.F. is having trouble with its freshwater condensers", the Navy knew the location of the planned attack and was able to lay a trap that changed the course of the war in the Pacific.

Anyhoo, enjoy your coffee, I had a cup from a Keurig maker yesterday, spiked with some Coffee Mate hazelnut creamer, that was better than any I have had previously, it was that good.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
To reinforce your point about what dogs men are, a story:
An elderly man walks into a confessional. The
following conversation ensues:

Man: 'I am 92 years old, have a wonderful wife of 70
years, many children, grandchildren, and great
grandchildren. Yesterday, I picked up two college girls,
hitch-hiking. We went to a motel, where I had sex with each
of them three times.'

Priest: 'Are you sorry for your sins?'

Man: 'What sins?'

Priest: 'What kind of a Catholic are
you?'

Man: 'I'm Jewish.'

Priest: 'Why are you telling me all this?'

Man: 'I'm 92 years old ..
. . . I'm telling everybody!'

With respect to your g/f's, I don't get the "Don Corleone" reference, even though I'm a big "Godfather" fan. I was thinking more of how the U.S. got Japan to confirm that they planned to attack Midway Island in 1942 - they had broken the Japanese code and intercepted a message from Japan that discussed an attack on "A.F.". To confirm what "A.F." designated, the Navy sent out a message that Midway Island was having trouble with its freshwater condensers. When the Japanese sent out a subsequent message that "A.F. is having trouble with its freshwater condensers", the Navy knew the location of the planned attack and was able to lay a trap that changed the course of the war in the Pacific.

Anyhoo, enjoy your coffee, I had a cup from a Keurig maker yesterday, spiked with some Coffee Mate hazelnut creamer, that was better than any I have had previously, it was that good.
Omg that was hilarious

As for the movie reference, the don told the men in his inner circle different stories because one of them was giving the opposing family information. Then one of the stories got out and the don realized who the traitor was and dealt with him mafia boss style B)

That sounds like a very fancy cup of coffee, would love to try all that, but there aren't many cafes that have so much choice in what you put in it. Heck, I can't even have coffee where I used to, because they don't have a vegan option.

Old 01-13-2019, 02:14 PM

951 posts, read 1,090,578 times
Quote:

Since he seemed to have engaged with you for the right reasons and is still treating you well, just be proud of him and you that you could share a special moment, but that unfortunately things didn't work out since then. At least use protection if you're going to continue to engage. Be proud, hold your head high, and move on.

Old 01-13-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
You were the one who spread the story. A secret is something that is known by only one person.
I get what you're implying by this, but I don't think it's a great implication at all. It has an overtone that the OP needs to blame herself for what happened, and I don't think that's the approach we want at all.
Yes, we do want her to learn from mistakes and to deal with any consequences as feasibly as possible as they come. We do want her to be confident and be able to make decisions for herself where whatever action she engages in, she has to be okay that it might be put out in the open.

Old 01-13-2019, 02:24 PM

4,583 posts, read 1,930,263 times
Quote:
oh no no I don't want to get back with him, he's actually trying for us to stay friends. I just want to know if he even deserves that. But I move on fast. Actually writing this on the forum made me feel better so I care less about the whole "scandal", so I'll just carry on not caring about that and let him be on good terms with me and all that.

I'm glad it worked out so well for you, but I'm not lucky like that. Thankfully, I don't care if he was my first or not. Just like I didn't care about who was my first kiss, first boyfriend, first make-out, etc.
Lol. Looks like the only one betraying you, is you.

"...but I move on fast...."

"Thankfully, I don't care if he was my first..."

"Just like I didn't care who was my first kiss..."

Old 01-13-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
Yes, those details can be speculated - it's how most teenagers do it since it is the most common privacy you get at that age.

If not, it's most likely the ex. Even if he didn't outright tell them anything, pointed questions without denial is usually enough. Apologize to your friend, think about how defensive you'd get if someone falsely accused you of betraying them.

Quote:
. . .

While we were talking, I don't think she babbled much. F1 was mostly defending herself, she certainly felt a little uncomfortable. She said she's not good friends with those people anymore, she defended me when she heard bad things from them about me. She started discussing who it could have been.

Out of this information, can anyone tell me if F1 was lying or not? She did seem to be repeating: "why would i do that?" but it could be because i was also repeating my question.

And I know what you're thinking: there's a great chance it was the ex who did it. I agree with you, but I haven't talked to him about this face-to-face yet. I've texted, but he said it's nothing to brag about to those people. . . .

The pointed conversation with denial is when he says that "it's nothing to brag about to those people" as opposed to directly "I did not disclose the details with others."

Old Yesterday, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessimprov View Post
Since he seemed to have engaged with you for the right reasons and is still treating you well, just be proud of him and you that you could share a special moment, but that unfortunately things didn't work out since then. At least use protection if you're going to continue to engage. Be proud, hold your head high, and move on.
Will do <3

Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessimprov View Post
I get what you're implying by this, but I don't think it's a great implication at all. It has an overtone that the OP needs to blame herself for what happened, and I don't think that's the approach we want at all.
Yes, we do want her to learn from mistakes and to deal with any consequences as feasibly as possible as they come. We do want her to be confident and be able to make decisions for herself where whatever action she engages in, she has to be okay that it might be put out in the open.
But isn't it fact that it is exactly my fault?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology