U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:50 AM

2,760 posts, read 1,208,797 times

Advertisements

Many Women do it because they enjoy it. I do it because I like it. It makes no difference to men since Im at the age of invisibility except to my dear husband. What you prefer is of absolutely no concern except to those you deem worthy of dating
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:56 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,222,933 times
When it comes to jewelry it's for the sake of other women.

When it comes to makeup it's for the sake of men.

Old Today, 10:56 AM

3,294 posts, read 2,827,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Men are so clueless when it comes to makeup sometimes, yet some feel the need to make commentary on it and give us advice about it.

Your sentence was complete at the word "clueless". Source: am man

Old Today, 11:00 AM

10,715 posts, read 17,040,587 times
My husband is like you, OP, but I dont think you can speak for most straight men.

I wear lip color every day but usually nothing else. Sometimes I wear foundation and blush and powder and a little eye makeup, for fun, and if he says anything at all it will be a slightly disappointed I thought you dont wear makeup. Of course, I am blessed with good even skin, dark lashes and brows, and look young for my age.

Many women wear a full face daily to try to cover up acne or other scars, or a blotchy complexion.

If your real question is about those ladies who wear obvious and very heavy eye makeup, I think they do it for themselves. I almost never like how it looks either, and it seems like a big waste of time. But if its fun for them...

Old Today, 11:01 AM

2,760 posts, read 1,208,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
When it comes to jewelry it's for the sake of other women.

When it comes to makeup it's for the sake of men.
Rubbish

Old Today, 11:06 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,222,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
Rubbish
Kidding about the makeup part. Dead serious about the jewelry opinion.

Old Today, 11:27 AM

4,846 posts, read 1,693,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Kidding about the makeup part. Dead serious about the jewelry opinion.

Obviously it's your opinion...but I would have to disagree. I love me some jewelry. I like "nice" stuff, and I like costume jewelry, and have a great fondness for vintage costume jewelry. I don't like what I like, and wear what I like to please other women, I wear it to please myself. If other women think what I'm wearing is cool or unusual...well...they're right. lol But I do it for me.

And like someone (nearly all the ladies?) said "We don't really care what some men think about make up. If my husband suddenly decided I should stop wearing make up...we'd have a problem. He met me and was attracted to me with makeup on, and it's part of who I am.

I know a guy...he's a good, decent man, who always says he likes a more natural look on women. It is his preference. That's cool. I suppose his wife wears little to no make up. Weird...I've met her a few times, and honestly...I have not noticed if she does or doesn't wear makeup...at any rate, she looks fine. LOL

Anyway...when he says these things, it's not like I'm thinking "Oh darn! I guess I have to change who I am to make myself attractive to him. And, I don't think that's what he's implying when he says he likes a more natural look.

It's JUST stating his preferences...and that's fine.

Old Today, 11:40 AM

835 posts, read 1,311,898 times
There's nothing wrong with women who do that.. They just want to look their best. And the women who you think look great without makeup are still probably wearing it.. it just looks very natural. Most women do look better with at least a little bit of makeup..that's the truth.

Old Today, 12:02 PM

39,076 posts, read 38,538,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
As a straight man, I can tell you that most straight men, myself included, prefer women not wearing makeup at all. Don't get me wrong, I'm attracted to straight women, not butch women, but I like women to be low maintenance, not fuss with makeup or curling their hair or doing their nails or plastic surgery. I don't want my future wife to waste time and money on her appearance.

Like I said, I don't like butch women either. But couldn't long hair, and maybe a modest skirt or dress sometimes be enough femininity?

Makeup must just be big business and their marketing. Or maybe women wear makeup to get attention from other women.
Let the women do as they like, If some women wanna glam up and go all out, great for them, if other don't great for them.

I personally like some middle version of the two. When I see heavily dolled up women I think expensive and time consuming.

Old Today, 12:08 PM

21,805 posts, read 23,158,717 times
As per the thread title, there's a bit of a difference between using makeup and a curling iron and plastic surgery. \_(ツ)_/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology