Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 09:49 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedonaverde View Post
I believe I explained the trust test at length in my NRR thread and you seem to have misunderstood.
To set the record straight, I wanted to offer my host/landlord the opportunity to help brush her hair and wash her feet, in her bathroom, with her permission of course. The trust test was as follows: I change into the pajamas she bought me and offer to show them to her, to see if she liked them and to see if they fit (a second pair of eyes is always better which is why you often see people shop for clothes in pairs). Now since I'm shy to show my body to her since she's criticized my weight and figure many times, I would only want to show her mine if she showed me hers. It would a question of whether or not she trusts me to keep my eyes at the appropriate level, scanning her pajamas quickly, and the possibility I might see some skin by accident, because she would trust my eyes and their purpose for looking at her.

She's already caught me looking once, shifted my head away and yet continued to ask me to interact closely with her while she continued to wear loose fitting scoop tops. Frankly I think she liked the attention and certainly appreciated all the free labor I provided her. I saved her money in hiring a handy ma'am and in return, my eyes got to enjoy the occasional nice view. Unfortunately more often than not, she was hostile, controlling and just plain selfish, so bad times largely outweighed the good ones.
I can't believe you think this is normal. It so creepy why are you doing this????

Dear God, that poor LL has no idea what she's dealing with...

OP, why don't you have your own place anyway?

Old 02-08-2019, 10:30 AM

859 posts, read 705,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
OP's response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Getting even?

You need to move before the police become involved with whatever you are planning.
OP's response:

Quote:
Umm, I never posted that I was planning something violent, so why send the popo my way? Review what I read and you'll see how I planned to get my money's worth out of this roommate. Nothing involves forcing her against her will or hurting her...I want to help her feel happy by doing things for her!

P.S. For the trust test, should I text her that I'd like to show her something in my room, call her, knock on her door (all spontaneous actions), or do you folks suggest tell her about the "you show me yours, I'll show you mine" game in advance so she can feel mentally comfortable with the idea before doing it?

The problem is that he don't realize that what he's saying and thinking is NOT NORMAL; it became clear that he's the one who has a mentality issue.
I hope this man got reported before a tragedy happens to that lady, it's not a good idea to wait a tragic incidence to happen in order to take a procedure. What a creepy world!

Old 02-08-2019, 10:43 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
It's not really my business, but since you wrote such detailed post about your landlady and her behavior you classified as a mental illness, I wonder why don't you just move out, get an apartment where you could do whatever you want, and eventually also an appropriate GF.
The OP seems to think a year's worth of paying a daily room rate, plus taxes, cleaning fees, service fees, and other airbnb fees is cheaper than a month to month studio rental.

Old 02-08-2019, 11:15 AM

603 posts, read 445,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Oh, gosh! I didn't read OP posting history yet, but I have to admit that this is the weirdest, most bizarre tenant-landlord (non)-relationship I ever heard of. Can't voice my opinion without knowing more, but this is creepy on both sides. What's going on here with the pajama show me your body/I show you my body "trust" test, touching hair and washing feet stuff? Is she a game? What are the expectations here?

And, yeah - OP is a guy.

OP is a woman.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/50080443-post138.html

Old 02-08-2019, 11:28 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIL9 View Post
I find it questionable that a woman would be so oblivious to how creepy her behavior towards another woman is.

Old 02-08-2019, 11:45 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
I commend everyone for not criticizing me for my post after only reading the first op this morning.
I have had time to read a bit more...and don't want to read any longer here....gee whiz.
What a convoluted mess.
Good luck one and all.

Old 02-08-2019, 12:19 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
I find it questionable that a woman would be so oblivious to how creepy her behavior towards another woman is.
Sure, but this is not a healthy woman.

Plus, I suspect she presents and identifies as very masculine.

We've all met lesbians like that, the ones that act very "forward" with straight women.

Old 02-08-2019, 12:44 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Sure, but this is not a healthy woman.

Plus, I suspect she presents and identifies as very masculine.

We've all met lesbians like that, the ones that act very "forward" with straight women.
+1.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:40 PM

61,701 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIL9 View Post
I am very confused now. Those are fragments from his first thread (now closed), few years ago:

Quote:
Since teamwork is being evaluated for this project, I sometimes solicited opinions from the women (I'm a guy), ensuring to remain polite with 'please' and 'thank you' whenever appropriate.
Quote:
What doesn't help is that these women are young and I'm an older man.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:42 PM

359 posts, read 302,103 times
@elnina

Situations change. People change. Genders change. Let's try to put prejudices about how certain genders are supposed to act and stick to the issues at hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology