U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Introvert or extrovert?
Extrovert 10 15.63%
Introvert 54 84.38%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 07:48 AM

14,487 posts, read 8,338,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I知 more introverted and my spouse is a very talkative extrovert. I知 interested to hear from other people at C-D about this. Are you more introverted or extroverted?
Same here. She gets mad when I don't want to talk to strangers at a bar or in the long checkout lines at Costco. She says I'm not nice. Maybe, but she's nice enough for both of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2019, 10:39 AM

1,823 posts, read 427,130 times
Q: Are you more introverted or extroverted?

A: Yes.

Old 05-12-2019, 01:43 PM

12,416 posts, read 14,904,813 times
Extrovert, I知 an ESFJ using Myers Briggs testing.

Old 05-12-2019, 01:51 PM

5,537 posts, read 3,888,361 times
Extrovert with a capital E.

Old 05-12-2019, 01:56 PM

3,877 posts, read 1,070,009 times
I'm an introvert by nature. But during my youth I was forced to deliver 7 to 10 minutes talks at the Kingdom Hall. I got used to public speaking which helped in my career, but also would have panic attacks in the middle of presentations. I can tell you that's not fun. I worked in Natural Resources and gave presentations to groups of a hundred or more and conducted tours for groups from K-12. Now that I'm retired, I don't have to speak to large groups, but I still have the occasional panic attack. Fortunately, they only last for 15 to 30 seconds. My wife is also an introvert and prefers that I do the talking. I'm okay with that.

Old 05-12-2019, 03:51 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,671,593 times
I guess I’m more of an introvert, at least I always thought I was. I was painfully shy as a child, pretty much socially awkward as a teen.

I’ve come out of my shell a lot as I’ve aged, mostly due to the influence of my husband, who is a wildly extroverted individual. Also due to working in retail settings for years, kinda fake it til you make it.

I love interacting with people and enjoy going out into groups of people (more so with my husband, he’s my security blanket, lol) but I tend to let them do the talking and acting, I do more reacting.

So Idk, you tell me...is that more introverted or extroverted?

Old 05-12-2019, 05:41 PM

5,664 posts, read 3,158,679 times
I'm an extroverted introvert. Really enjoy meeting and talking to new people, social gatherings, parties, nights out on the town, etc...but then I need a day or two of quiet time to recover and recharge.

Old 05-12-2019, 05:51 PM

6,179 posts, read 3,499,046 times
I'm an introvert. Very much so and more so as I age.

I was raised to be an extrovert by a teacher mother for whom I think I represented a walking billboard for her teaching skills. That made for a tough childhood but also armed me with good people skills which came in handy in my working life. It also made me a very good public speaker. But I'd rather be reading a book.

I'm intensely interested in all kinds of people and often take time to talk to others. I definitely know, though, when I need to refuel which means quiet time alone.

When the kids were little I used to hand them over to their dad for a while and lock myself in the bathroom for long, warm baths. I've noticed since they've grown I don't need to do that any more. Why the lock? All you parents know why. You-know-who will eventually "need" to come in. Both of them. Even though there's another bathroom downstairs.

On the flip side I've noticed that too much alone time isn't good. I could end up like one of those gurus who sit on a mountaintop meditating on my navel thinking deep thoughts which don't have much relevance to doing or creating or relating. Too much of that is nearly disorienting. I need a healthy balance.

Old 05-12-2019, 05:58 PM

6,740 posts, read 3,643,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
I'm an introvert by nature. But during my youth I was forced to deliver 7 to 10 minutes talks at the Kingdom Hall. I got used to public speaking which helped in my career, but also would have panic attacks in the middle of presentations. I can tell you that's not fun. I worked in Natural Resources and gave presentations to groups of a hundred or more and conducted tours for groups from K-12. Now that I'm retired, I don't have to speak to large groups, but I still have the occasional panic attack. Fortunately, they only last for 15 to 30 seconds. My wife is also an introvert and prefers that I do the talking. I'm okay with that.
That's interesting. I'm a deep introvert, but public speaking doesn't bother me. I can give tours to anyone from regular folks to very senior VIPs (including a couple cabinet level secretaries) or presentations to conferences and not blink. On the other hand, ask me to make social small talk in room of strangers and I'd rather dance naked in a blackberry bush.

Old 05-12-2019, 06:51 PM

3,018 posts, read 1,143,574 times
extrovert.
an introvert
would not post on C-D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or