U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 02:06 PM

11 posts, read 2,046 times

Advertisements

this guy im talking to has commitment issues. We have very strong sexual and mental connection, but he puts up walls once we get closer to the emotional side? Why is that? What questions can i ask to understand him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2019, 05:59 PM

959 posts, read 361,695 times
He's not available. There is nothing you can do to fix him. Save yourself the time and the headache and choose better.

Old 05-28-2019, 06:18 PM

2,254 posts, read 504,513 times
If you know he has commitment issues (and you are looking for commitment), clearly the two of you are not on the same page to move forward. Rather than trying to ‘understand why’ (knowing why won’t change anything if he has already expressed he is not looking for - or is afraid of - commitment), you need to accept he is not in the same place as you are, and move forward in a different direction on your own. Look for someone who is more compatible with you (who is seeking commitment as you are).

Last edited by CorporateCowboy; 05-28-2019 at 07:30 PM..

Old 05-28-2019, 06:41 PM

18,347 posts, read 23,515,236 times
is he married??

Old 05-28-2019, 07:07 PM

43,191 posts, read 41,793,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpxoxaqua View Post
this guy im talking to has commitment issues. We have very strong sexual and mental connection, but he puts up walls once we get closer to the emotional side? Why is that? What questions can i ask to understand him?
Because he enjoys the sex without having to do all the stuff a committed relationship requires. He can walk away any time and get sex from another woman.

What question can you ask to understand him? Start with, "So ... What are we?"

Old 05-28-2019, 07:15 PM

3,542 posts, read 1,355,757 times
"What questions can i ask to understand him?"
three ideas:
1. may i have your password to your phone?
2. may i hold your phone and enter your password?
3. may i scroll through everything saved on your phone?

Old 05-28-2019, 08:28 PM

3,062 posts, read 1,563,443 times
Quote:
What matters most is for you to understand yourself. How do you feel about his behavior?

Old 05-28-2019, 10:32 PM

37,967 posts, read 55,724,604 times
Quote:
Quote:
I met this guy and I was completely aware that the odds of us establishing an acutaul committed relationship was very unlikely, but i thought what the heck, why not just have some fun… and the fun turned into me getting all butt hurt. he was comlpetely honest with me. Im 28 and should have began my stability in my life and its complete chaos. just nothing is giong right for me.
^^^ From other thread.

Another thread about this guy? Why are you clinging to, analyzing and try to understand a guy who clearly said that he doesn't want a relationship with you? Your sex and talk service - yes (what else you do for him? cook? clean? shop?) but get married - no!
What for? He already has all that without a legal commitment.
Find yourself someone who actually wants you for more than that...
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 05-28-2019, 10:47 PM

21,848 posts, read 14,356,798 times
Ask him where he sees himself in five years.

But I agree with a previous poster: he is not available, at least to you.

Old 05-29-2019, 06:08 AM

6,302 posts, read 3,569,825 times
A simple test to understand him: Stop having sex with him and see if you still have the strong mental connection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or