U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-29-2019, 05:38 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
78,509 posts, read 70,430,585 times
Reputation: 76472

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticseas View Post
It's funny because the other way around and that guy would have been looking at an assault/battery charge.

Come to think of it again, have you heard of a woman groping a man?
Yes, I just gave you an example of a woman groping a man in a crowd, when she thought she could get away with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-29-2019, 05:39 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
78,509 posts, read 70,430,585 times
Reputation: 76472
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
+1, i've been crotch-grabbed at a few nightclubs (one time at the bar ordering drinks -- i guess she thought i couldnt do anything about it if my hands were full).
You could "accidentally" stumble, spilling the drinks all over her. "Oops! Gee, I get clumsy when strangers grab my crotch. It really makes me nervous." Some guys get loud to embarrass their harasser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2019, 08:47 PM
 
1,410 posts, read 794,770 times
Reputation: 2247
Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
I don't think it's less. I think it's reported less because it's our culture that men are supposed to be more powerful than women and you're less of a man if a woman is more powerful than you.

And this is why there are fewer. And yes, this thread is ridiculous for suggesting there aren't fewer because they just don't get reported. Baloney!


Women who sexually assault males stand a very good chance of a painful, violent response unless the man wants her already or the victim is much younger and they have power over them, as in the case of teachers. Few women have the strength to defend themselves even against an adolescent boy. So even if there are an equal number of women who want to commit sex crimes (which I doubt) they know they run a high risk of injury if they actually use physical force.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2019, 09:06 PM
 
7,366 posts, read 2,917,987 times
Reputation: 12250
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
It's not that there are less, it's that by virtue of being female, a male target will far more often indulge a female's eccentricities than the other way around.
You’re serious? You think there are just as many female predators, but they almost all get a pass... because men accept “eccentricities”. Women though, they aren’t as accepting of these eccentricities, they always talk about it and report it.

There’s nothing remotely logical in this line of thinking, just feelings of persecution and paranoia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2019, 09:08 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, Tennessee
43,142 posts, read 41,752,473 times
Reputation: 82836
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
You’re serious? You think there are just as many female predators, but they almost all get a pass... because men accept “eccentricities”. Women though, they aren’t as accepting of these eccentricities, they always talk about it and report it.

There’s nothing remotely logical in this line of thinking, just feelings of persecution and paranoia.
Imagine substituting the word "eccentricities" in a rape trial.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2019, 07:48 AM
 
Location: Jupiter
9,961 posts, read 6,139,942 times
Reputation: 7870
They're more common than people realize.

Have you seen these stories of female teachers having sex with their students?

They're rising in numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2019, 07:57 AM
 
Location: Jupiter
9,961 posts, read 6,139,942 times
Reputation: 7870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
It is taboo to call women on their stuff
Just try it and see
Try it on here and you'll definitely get attacked big time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2019, 08:02 AM
 
448 posts, read 93,284 times
Reputation: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticseas View Post
Something I've wondered. The only time female predators are acknowledged is in the media when it comes to adult female teachers and teenage boys. However, in nearly all of these cases, the social perception (at least from a large amount of men) is that these women 'gifted' these boys and they must have enjoyed it.

Perhaps that's the heart of the reason why so few women predators/deviants are caught. The social perception of women being 'delicate' makes it difficult for society to acknowledge female predators as well as even victims to acknowledge they are abused

There's a biological element as well and it's been proven testosterone drives aggression and sexual behavior which would put the male gender more as outliers than females in sexual deviancy

What do you think is the reason? Why do you rarely see women grope other men or women?
Check out the series "Deadly Women" on the ID channel. Thanks but I'll make my own milkshake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2019, 08:14 AM
 
5,449 posts, read 2,289,752 times
Reputation: 16431
I will say this. If you define sexual misconduct by violent sexual assault, then men way outnumber women in that department. Of course there are exceptions: https://www.al.com/news/2019/06/tusc...rds-claim.html


However, once you get into the realm of sexual harrassment or misconduct in the workplace, then the distinctions get a great deal more blurry. I'm a happily married man (28 years) who is in a line of work where I deal with women a lot. During my heyday, I had to gracefully turn down any number of flirtations, invitations, overtures, and outright advances. As in women making physical passes at me, women saying they were looking for an affair, you name it. I mean when a client who is responsible for 50% of your billings gently takes your hand in a meeting and begins to stroke it in a sensual way, it requires some top-shelf finesse to get out of that situation without any consequences.

Any number of encounters I've had would be instantly stamped as sexual harassment if a man did that to a woman, despite the often enormous stakes involved to my career. Yet society does not look at that kind of misconduct performed by a woman in the same light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2019, 08:21 AM
 
1,410 posts, read 794,770 times
Reputation: 2247
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I will say this. If you define sexual misconduct by violent sexual assault, then men way outnumber women in that department. Of course there are exceptions: https://www.al.com/news/2019/06/tusc...rds-claim.html


However, once you get into the realm of sexual harrassment or misconduct in the workplace, then the distinctions get a great deal more blurry. I'm a happily married man (28 years) who is in a line of work where I deal with women a lot. During my heyday, I had to gracefully turn down any number of flirtations, invitations, overtures, and outright advances. As in women making physical passes at me, women saying they were looking for an affair, you name it. I mean when a client who is responsible for 50% of your billings gently takes your hand in a meeting and begins to stroke it in a sensual way, it requires some top-shelf finesse to get out of that situation without any consequences.

Any number of encounters I've had would be instantly stamped as sexual harassment if a man did that to a woman, despite the often enormous stakes involved to my career. Yet society does not look at that kind of misconduct performed by a woman in the same light.

As you say, that's an entirely different topic and has little in common with sexual violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top