U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-01-2019, 06:49 AM
 
Location: Brentwood, Tennessee
43,142 posts, read 41,752,473 times
Reputation: 82836

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Actually that shows exactly the opposite. There were more than 20 times as many men sentenced as women during the same period, and 4 times as many men disciplined by schools. That article shows a disparity in sentencing, not a similarity in rate of occurrence.
I provided exactly the proof you asked for from the poster who commented on the "punishment." You didn't ask for proof about rate of occurrence.

Stop moving the goalposts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-01-2019, 07:02 AM
 
1,410 posts, read 794,770 times
Reputation: 2247
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I provided exactly the proof you asked for from the poster who commented on the "punishment." You didn't ask for proof about rate of occurrence.

Stop moving the goalposts.

Sorry, I misread the post I was responding to. That was the post that changed the subject to disparity in sentencing, which is not what the thread is about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2019, 07:48 AM
 
2 posts, read 226 times
Reputation: 10
Erin Pizzey, founder of the world's first women's shelter, said there are as many child molesters among women as men, "By this time I was working in Santa Fe, New Mexico on child abuse cases and against paedophiles. Here is where I discovered that there were just as many women paedophiles as there were men.". Also, that women were more likely to be physically violent in the home, "She found that of the first 100 women who came to her shelter, 62 were as or more violent than the partners they tried to escape from.".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2019, 07:49 AM
 
2 posts, read 226 times
Reputation: 10
Also, that women...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2019, 08:46 AM
 
Location: Sydney, Australia
10,177 posts, read 7,772,914 times
Reputation: 5081
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
Women are not genetically, ontologically, physiologically, hormonally, or endocrinologically identical to men.
Women as a group do not show the physical strength nor the extremes of sexual behavior and intelligence that is empirically evidenced in men.

Do females need to be sex predators and serial killers with the frequency of males to satisfy an ideology gone haywire that demands identical behavior in extremis?

This 'equality' in all things is getting ludicrous.
Cut it out!
You make a fair point. So, in that turn, do you agree that women and men have entirely different interests as well and the gender wage gap doesn't really exist (in the west that is)? Meaning that men usually prefer to be scientists, plumbers, electricians, archaeologists, etc and women enjoy being hairdressers, makeup artists, secretaries, etc?

You don't think it's "sexism" that you won't find a lot of women in the electrical department? If not, then your point up there is valid and not hypocritical. Because I know a few so-called feminists who openly state that men are more violent, have different genetics and other distinct qualities, but would get all sore and offended if we say men prefer to be engineers and scientists, whereas women in general do not and would even opt for being housemothers or homemakers (since women are more maternal). But no, this is apparently "sexism", and that's when they scream "but men and women are the same okay!" in the same breath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2019, 10:06 AM
 
Location: Colorado
11,824 posts, read 7,293,564 times
Reputation: 21209
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Where can we find them?
If this is even remotely a serious question, I have a serious answer. But only in PM because this has now been determined to be an off-topic line of discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
As you say, that's an entirely different topic and has little in common with sexual violence.
I disagree and so do many women.

I think that a problem does exist where, as I've said in other posts, women are not educated as children to respect other people's consent. It is ASSUMED that a little girl is a non-sexual little angel being, who can't and would never violate anyone. That's stupid. Children are little savages and must be taught how to act in a civilized way. And when girls cross the threshold of adolescence, they discover the POWER of being sexually desirable, and I've seen many examples (including myself) where it went right to a girl's head. I was a very sexually aggressive teenager, and I know I wasn't the only one. We used to rely, as a society, on shaming females for even admitting that sex was something other than a terrible thing boys wanted to do to us (and is only a necessary duty to tolerate from a husband, at best)... Well, society has changed. I'm happy that women now have more license to be sexual. But along with that, we MUST teach girls that consent is universal.

Because when I was young, I did not understand why any male who generally liked women, would be turning me down. Even the adult men who said, "No, because you are underage" I'd harass relentlessly trying to get them to give in, if I found them attractive. I have no shame for being a sexual woman who has had experience, but I'm VERY ashamed and regretful of the times I did not respect a "no."

And along those lines, I've been at bars for Ladies' League pool, and had women who are drinking grope me before (as either more women are somewhat bisexual or at least flirty with other women, or maybe more are socially safe to admit it than men...) and I also was at a non-work function with a group of coworkers and had a drunk female coworker grope me. OK, so I did not exactly object, and while I wasn't trying to have sex with these women, I didn't really care about what they did. I know that as a woman, I'd be more upset if it had been a man, because I would feel threatened by it. I rarely feel threatened by other women, even if they are being inappropriate.

And I think that's one area where, sure, women do misbehave and harass and so on...but there is a difference...because the same act from a woman somehow feels more playful than predatory. But that perhaps also goes back to how I was raised, and how many people are...that men, given no resistance, will push and push to the extremis of intercourse, not really even caring about protection or if you might get pregnant so long as they get to achieve that goal...and women are seen or trained or whatever, to flirt, play, be coy, not always be pushing for sex to happen.

I know that there's good reason I've had so many more male partners than female ones. It isn't that I desire men more. Not at all. It's that men make it easy because at the slightest hint of interest and availability from me, most of them were ready to chase. And if I let it get to a point that a guy had a reasonable hope that he was going to get laid, I felt obligated to follow through, lest I be seen as disingenuous or something. Women, on the other hand? We can circle each other playfully flirting and hinting for months until we get bored and just drift in different directions, no one seems quite SURE that the other actually wants sex, and it's all confusion and mind games.

While I feel sorry for men sometimes in trying to carry on relationships in this muddle with women...I also feel that this dynamic makes inappropriate sexual behavior from men feel a whole lot more dangerous to me, than it is coming from a woman. Case in point, none of the women who ever groped me, ever tried (then or later) to actually have sex with me. The coworker did not leer at me at work like, "I know what your boob feels like and I'm thinking dirty thoughts." From a man, I'd expect more something like that....based on my experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2019, 10:07 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
22,533 posts, read 24,120,629 times
Reputation: 48896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
You make a fair point. So, in that turn, do you agree that women and men have entirely different interests as well and the gender wage gap doesn't really exist (in the west that is)? Meaning that men usually prefer to be scientists, plumbers, electricians, archaeologists, etc and women enjoy being hairdressers, makeup artists, secretaries, etc?

You don't think it's "sexism" that you won't find a lot of women in the electrical department? If not, then your point up there is valid and not hypocritical. Because I know a few so-called feminists who openly state that men are more violent, have different genetics and other distinct qualities, but would get all sore and offended if we say men prefer to be engineers and scientists, whereas women in general do not and would even opt for being housemothers or homemakers (since women are more maternal). But no, this is apparently "sexism", and that's when they scream "but men and women are the same okay!" in the same breath.
Your agenda here has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2019, 10:15 AM
 
Location: (six-cent-dix-sept)
4,529 posts, read 2,313,883 times
Reputation: 2797
^ when i was 10, for christmas i got construction trucks.

my sister got a baby alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2019, 11:00 AM
 
Location: Brentwood, Tennessee
43,142 posts, read 41,752,473 times
Reputation: 82836
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
^ when i was 10, for christmas i got construction trucks.

my sister got a baby alive.
Did that make either of you a sex predator?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2019, 11:01 AM
 
3,808 posts, read 1,755,770 times
Reputation: 7508
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
^ when i was 10, for christmas i got construction trucks.

my sister got a baby alive.
And some little girls played with their brother's trucks while he played with her dolls. But we digress......

Women are less predatory than men, if we stick to a reasonable definition of predatory. This is likely due in part to women typically being less able to prey on men or other women. I don't have data to support this, but I suspect that when women are in positions to prey on others, being physically stronger or more powerful financially or politically, the gap in predatory behavior narrows.

We also see the same behavior differently if a man does it, as opposed to a woman. To some extent for good reason given what I mentioned in the paragraph above, but not always. The stories about 24 year old women teachers having sex with 17 year old male students are all the rage. They make for titillating news stories so we see a lot of this which may distort perceptions, but the reported incidence is increasing. Those women get lesser sentences, and some people (usually men) seem unwilling to see the woman as a perpetrators at all, primarily because they assume the boy was DTF. He probably was, but so is the 17 year old girl who had sex with an attractive 24 year old male teacher. To treat those situations equally we don't need to deny that many boys wanted to **** their teachers; we just have to accept that many teen aged girls did also. That's a tough sell, even among some pretty progressive people. To be clear, I think both situations are wrong because the younger person is in no position to genuinely consent.

So we have some real differences, with some cultural add ons skewing the #s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top